Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Too funny.
It's Nov 4, this thread was started Oct 1 and I've just stumbled across it after I told Shabda that I would start a thread on the Divine Sound
Current AND I told him about Eric G's excellent book "The Ringing Sound" !!
Too funny.

It's all because he chose that name, Shabda.

Now, not to rock the boat - you all know that the Divine Sound Current is different than Sat Nam, Sat Naam, the Holy Name ?

There is Divine Harmony, Music of the Spheres, Celestial Music, the Sound Current...
and then there is the the Holy Name of God, Sat Nam, Shabd, Naam or the Word-different -and yet, the same. Ha!
It might be compared to there's God the Father, yet the Holy Spirit - it's probably a needless distinction.
You have the inside of the glass, the outside of the glass - but it's still the same glass.

Then you have the Tao ---ha! :)
There is the Primordial Vibration; is that the Sound Current? Is it different than the Name of God, the Shabd Brahm?
Yes. But all the same glass! Ha!

Then you have Aum, Om -now is that trying to imitate the Word or Naam...
Or is it imitating the Sound Current as best it can?

All more for us to share about ---it's all good!
Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Master
a wonderful thread~! i like it~!
Old 04-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Now, not to rock the boat - you all know that the Divine Sound Current is different than Sat Nam, Sat Naam, the Holy Name ?

There is Divine Harmony, Music of the Spheres, Celestial Music, the Sound Current...
and then there is the the Holy Name of God, Sat Nam, Shabd, Naam or the Word-different -and yet, the same. Ha!
It might be compared to there's God the Father, yet the Holy Spirit - it's probably a needless distinction.
You have the inside of the glass, the outside of the glass - but it's still the same glass.

Then you have the Tao ---ha! :)
There is the Primordial Vibration; is that the Sound Current? Is it different than the Name of God, the Shabd Brahm?
Yes. But all the same glass! Ha!

Then you have Aum, Om - now is that trying to imitate the Word or Naam...
Or is it imitating the Sound Current as best it can?

All more for us to share about ---it's all good!
Miss Hepburn

ahhh Miss H.... Boat rocking is fine.

In my experience there is quite a range of non-physical sounds, tones and vibrations which I don't attempt to identify but simply listen to and feel them as they come to me. I have heard the wordless Om, and I consider all sounds (and indeed all forms in creation, physical and nonphysical) emanations and variations of the original creative force of pure sound.

I'd like to know how you are distinguishing between the Sound Current and the Divine Sound or Sat Nam, and what benefit you get from the distinction.

Xan

Old 04-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Master
I am now re-reading a great little book by Jonathan Goldman called "The Roar of Silence". This is about the power of consciously using sound of various kinds (not the inner sounds) particularly one's own voice, for balancing and harmonizing our energies and our brain, for healing and for awakening consciousness.

I recommend it for its clear explanations, meditations and exercises for developing a new, higher level relationship with the power of sound
vibrations.

Edit: Oops, my mistake. The book is by Don Campbell. Both Goldman and Campbell are well experienced researchers and teachers in the field of sound energies.

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 07-11-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 17-12-2010, 02:12 AM
Master
bringing this up....

Old 27-12-2010, 01:51 AM
Ciqala

This is amazing... thanks for giving me the link Xan. I am very connected to sounds and music for meditation and everything, but i had no idea about the ringing sounds in my head.
Edit: I will try to embrace the sound waves, but they can become so intense it threatens me, is it normal for them to be that loud, and cause a weird pressure?

Last edited by Ciqala : 27-12-2010 at 02:15 AM.
Old 24-01-2011, 06:31 AM
Master
I will try to embrace the sound waves, but they can become so intense it threatens me, is it normal for them to be that loud, and cause a weird pressure?

I'm sorry about the delay in my response, Cigala, but I am away from home these days.

When the sounds are too intense it's because there's resistance or effort or trying in our minds... conscious or unconscious.

I suggest, rather than 'trying to embrace' them simply breathe down in your belly, relax and listen.

Xan

Old 24-01-2011, 07:46 AM
Master
back when I was a kid I did lsd and I would hear strange noises , like synthesizers and cicadas , but I never thought much about it , I just assumed that it was part of the hallucinatory experience . Since I was not very evolved at 14 , I didn't get the full, in-your-face , cosmic baptism that happens to some with those drugs . But I did start my path , with a Krishna book, and then a guru from India. One of the techniques he taught was to listen to the inner sounds , and I immediately knew what those sounds I heard on drugs were, or at least I knew that I had been opened up to hearing them, because hear them I did.

I've talked about this elsewhere, so I may be brief here, but I have to say that these sounds are as vital to me as just about anything. Since I did the guru thing almost 40 years ago, the sound has gotten to the point that some ring tones (yuk yuk ) are audible all the time, and rather loud if it's quiet. But there are many more sounds than just tones. There are winds and waters and a whole universe of tones, timbres , frequencies, resonances . It is, in a word, limitless. In a post in the Dream section here, I wrote a little bit about a dream where , as I was falling asleep, I was pulled into a mighty , practically explosive , current of sound energy , and I have other such times where the sound is not just sound , but fully immersive energy .

I should also mention our later work with channeled ET walk-ins, who introduced us to 'toning' , which is vocalizing focused bursts of sound . I have had many dreams where the toning and the sounds I'm hearing are all intertwined in energy. This was in the early 90's , and they helped wean me off of the guru cult and away from all external authorities and groups (in spiritual matters). That was very important (tangent...) , and around then is when I started having transcendent dreams , with inner sounds being involved ).So listening to small sounds when you plug your ears or lie down (or whatever) while it's quiet, is just the beginning .

Particularly enjoyable is that brief threshold before sleep, or if one is good at mind control with meditation (not exactly my specialty ) . Sometimes I can listen and hear a tone that's far off at first, then it zooms up and resonates and feeds back on itself and others , and grows louder and louder... impossible to describe , and no earthly music or sound can duplicate the effect.

That's what it leads us to , that these sounds are vibrating on a more subtle level than common sound waves vibrating the air, and our eardrums in turn , being translated by our brains to sound. These sounds are the original vibrations, while all earthly sounds are a kind of lower-level representation .
"As above , so below", the saying goes ; the Hermetic Principle of Correspondence (but that's a whole other section). Point being that we live in multidimensional overlap , and the sounds (for me) are a direct , always-open doorway to other parts of my existence . Jeez, I always have a hard time not going off on tangents ! (^8. I could go on and on, but don't have time right now .

Later,

Dar
Old 24-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Deactivated Account
I've been experiencing buzzing, whistling and hissing for the last few weeks but lately it's starting to turn into muffled voices amidst white noise.

I think perhaps I started hearing the sound current but now I'm tuning into those in spirit or the astral?

Very interesting anyhow. I will have to look out for that book.
Old 24-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

In my experience there is quite a range of non-physical sounds, tones and vibrations which I don't attempt to identify but simply listen to and feel them as they come to me. I have heard the wordless Om, and I consider all sounds (and indeed all forms in creation, physical and nonphysical) emanations and variations of the original creative force of pure sound. Me, too.

I'd like to know how you are distinguishing between the Sound Current and the Divine Sound or Sat Nam, and what benefit you get from the distinction.
Xan
I'm sorry Xan, I must have missed this post of yours!

Gee, the Sat Nam or Naam or the Word compared to the wordless Om - and then let's not forget the Light!!! Kind of are all the same - like merging
into each other! (Kinda like the concept of the Trinity maybe, LOL)
The Om vibration that is the power or motor behind the breath - like a purring in the body --- merges with the Sound Current or Ringing Sound or
Music of the Spheres (as in Eric Gustafson's book "The Ringing Sound) and is also part of the Light ...go figure.

All, the best way I could describe my experience, only.
I'm no authority and anyone's experience of it all I respect and learn from.
Nice talking w/ you again Xan - I haven't bumped into you lately.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Closed Thread