Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > UFOs

Old 29-05-2014, 07:28 PM
Knower

[I do not mean to berate you or criticize you, but small mindedness must be shown for what it is no matter where it comes from.]

Just because I disagree with you and am not totally convinced of the prospect of UFO's does not mean I'm small minded. That's pretty arrogant and disrespectful for you to say that. It also shows your maturity level.

Hey I know of a lot of skeptics out there. These are scientists, astronomers, doctors etc who all don't believe in UFO's, ghosts etc. Are they all small minded too? No one is saying it's not possible just that there is no hardcore scientific evidence and nothing that as of yet can be substantiated by the scientific method or logic and reasoning. Some things, however, are beyond our understanding. If something is beyond our understanding that means we do not yet fully understand it. A whole bunch of eyewitness accounts are just that and many of them have logical explanations.
Old 29-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor
Mystik, they may not be extraterrestrial, but from an inter- and intra-dimensional origin.

Imo, this is much more likely considering the near impossibility of space travel from the distance they would need to go to get here.
Old 30-05-2014, 06:10 AM
LeoJeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
[I do not mean to berate you or criticize you, but small mindedness must be shown for what it is no matter where it comes from.]

Just because I disagree with you and am not totally convinced of the prospect of UFO's does not mean I'm small minded. That's pretty arrogant and disrespectful for you to say that. It also shows your maturity level.

Hey I know of a lot of skeptics out there. These are scientists, astronomers, doctors etc who all don't believe in UFO's, ghosts etc. Are they all small minded too? No one is saying it's not possible just that there is no hardcore scientific evidence and nothing that as of yet can be substantiated by the scientific method or logic and reasoning. Some things, however, are beyond our understanding. If something is beyond our understanding that means we do not yet fully understand it. A whole bunch of eyewitness accounts are just that and many of them have logical explanations.

I'm sorry, you are right. That was a disrespectful comment and it was uncalled for. But if that is literally all you can take out of my post and nothing else, then there is no further point in even bumping your post.

I'm very curious, why are you on this site? What drew you here? This truly does not seem like your forum, seeing as how you seem to be so keen on "scientific evidence". Then furthermore claiming that some things are beyond our understanding while, again, being on the Spiritual forums in which you could literally claim that for everything is quite ironic. If no one knew anything about this stuff then a place where people can come and discuss paranormal and supernatural knowledge wouldn't exist. You really can't be that nihilist, can you? There are many ways people can get this knowledge. Those with psychic abilities are able to be contacted by inter-dimensional and other worldly beings via mediumship and telepathy. But I'm going to make an inference(and one that I think is accurate) that you also don't believe in that. People can have first hand encounters with beings themselves. They could have 2nd hand accounts of directly speaking with someone who did. People can be contacted by their spirit guides (Again, I'm going to infer you don't believe in these either). People can go under psychedelic substances and perform rituals to access the divine. They can have encounters with random spirits. There are literally a myriad of possibilities that can allow one such knowledge. Hell, reading is the best way to gain access to knowledge. But taking the mindset you've shown would mean you would gain nothing, and thus keep yourself willfully ignorant of something you might have gained knowledge about. That is not disrespectful or immature to say that, it is honest.

But oh i do love it when people state the prominent skeptics in our society. Weather balloons right? Or no, a favorite of mine: "Ball lightning", that can happen to move in unpredictable and sentient patterns. Or what about drones. Drones everywhere. Gigantic drones with multiple colored lights that can float and split apart and shape shift at will, whilst also maneuvering in unpredictable and sentient patterns! They're just super fast drones too! Ones that can fly faster than our fighter jets, yeah! Or this very vague one "atmospheric anomalies". <-- That's tantamount to saying "We have no idea *** we are seeing but we're going to pretend we do to keep up our smart reputation up and say something that will fool the masses." Now if eye witness accounts are never good enough, then please tell me then why eye witness testimony is good enough to hold up in a court of law? Surely everyone who claims they saw something is lying right? I must admit I am slightly annoyed by your comment. It really does reek(hate to use that word) of cynicism and a blind adherence to what those you have been taught experts tell you.

Its all nice and well that you challenge the assertions of the counter culture and the "new age" people, but yet you don't even think to challenge those who you have so blindly placed your faith in for the answers? If you demonstrated an ability to question those who have been touted as being experts on said subject by the establishment proper, then I might not have said my unruly comment that you so graciously quoted. But no such demonstration can be found here, simply a continuance of the typical non-investigative cynic's argument. Saying no because I was taught to say no. Remember, an open mind is a sign of intelligence. One can't simply question those that say yes and never question those that say no. One must question both sides and come up with an answer completely on one's own.

Actually, I wouldn't say that your argument is cynical simply because you've been taught that. But you have definitely been conditioned by the education system to rely on your left brain's analytical skills and have neglected the use of your right brain. I hate to say it, but this forum is based in the right brain. The right brain also gives one the ability to grasp large concepts as well as seemingly unrelated ones and tie them together. Correlations are everywhere if you would but simply look for them. Ufo's tie into God. Science ties into spirituality. Being able to "connect the dots" ,so they say, is a vital critical thinking skill that is all too absent from the pupils coming out of the modern day education system. I would even go so far as to say its probably the most important critical thinking skills, since you cannot have an essay if you can't make a thesis. And you can't make a thesis if you can't see how your paragraphs relate to each other.

Overall, it has nothing to do with maturity levels so much as a simple slip of the text-tongue brought on by a dislike of cynicism. But I'd have to say I'm done with this thread. I find I take on negative energy very easily now. Must be more awakening symptoms, with heightened empathy and what not. -_- Good day to you!
Old 02-06-2014, 02:26 AM
Knower

I'm not interested in being baited into an argument so I put you on ignore. Other's are skeptical on here also just look at the "are you skeptical" thread.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:48 AM
elisi

first of all i think seti is a joke. if they DID discover extraterrestrials, they would not disclose it to the public.

i do think we are not the only life in the universe.

i also think many sightings, even 'abductions' are of military origin.

you may be interested though in reading books by zecharia sitchen. fascinating and something to think about. other possibilities.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:50 AM
LeoJeo

Quote:
I'm not interested in being baited into an argument so I put you on ignore. Other's are skeptical on here also just look at the "are you skeptical" thread.

Such a pity. Fine, I'll accept your stance and those of others. Good day my friend.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:10 AM
Mazulu

The truth is that (grey) aliens, ghost, and spirits are all far more likely to exist compared to time travel (which suffers from paradoxes) and the multiverse interpretation of quantum mechanics (which violates conservation of energy). Ghosts could very easily be quantum field life forms. Grey aliens could very easily be very technologically sophisticated compared to us.

Ghosts and grey aliens are witnessed almost routinely compared to time travelers and multiverse travelers which are not observed at all. The skeptics can be skeptic all they like. But in all likelihood, aliens, UFO's and ghosts probably exist.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:21 AM
Knower

I thought aliens were green. I never heard of grey aliens before.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:05 AM
Master
Quote:
You put someone on ignore who writes like that? Regardless of whether you agree, there is a mind-blowing amount of info in Leo's posts one could reflect upon.

My rule that applies to most things: If I haven't experienced it, then not much point in forming an opinion on it. Skepticism is fine but open-mindedness is key. I've seen the saucers so I know something's up. What exactly I don't know because I haven't had that specific experience yet.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:45 AM
Mazulu

Quote:
I thought aliens were green. I never heard of grey aliens before.

Nobody has ever seen a green alien before. Lots of people have seen grey aliens. What rock have you been living under?