Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > UFOs

Old 17-01-2014, 03:31 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrundy
Here's a link to another essay I wrote about this topic under my CR pseudonym:

http://crrookwood.hubpages.com/hub/A...-Same-Creature

Thanks! That's an interesting essay. (I wish I could write like that BTW.) Maybe fairies are alien immigrants that have been secretly living on Earth for thousands of years? IMO, the main difference between the fairy hypothesis and the ET hypothesis is that the interest in Earth is more than scientific curiosity.

Also, thanks for the overview of the hero myth reversal.
Old 17-01-2014, 05:50 PM
pgrundy

No problem. Thanks for asking! (And reading.)
Old 16-02-2014, 11:42 PM
Keeya

The tables can easily be turned, why dont we go to other planets, when the time is capable, to see for ourselves, they might even be asking themselves the same thing.
Old 20-02-2014, 01:42 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondav
O.K. if we are to believe "the universe teeming with life" hypothesis, is it not about time that our alien bretheren made themselves known. Im not talking here of fuzzy videos or out of focus lights, but real landings and contact,surely by now its way overdue.If they are out there, their reticence is baffling . I understand there will be many who will make excuses why this is so, but come on, by now we should be shaking hands with them,and letting them speak at the U.N. Why is,nt this so well heres my opinion, We are alone, and what we are witnessing are not aliens, but some form of paranormal phenomena.

Everything you said was reasonable until you said

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondav
Why is,nt this so well heres my opinion, We are alone, and what we are witnessing are not aliens, but some form of paranormal phenomena.

All you did was offer one opinion for another opinion. No proof, no evidence, not even fuzzy or out of focus pictures. Just your opinion -- thereby negating everything you said before making the same assertion you accuse others of making. Just saying....

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 25-02-2014, 04:12 PM
anonymous_1

Relax .. Take it easy..
Old 07-04-2014, 02:37 PM
Bioluminescence

There's so much stigma and fear surrounding extraterrestrials (invasions, conspiracies, war etc, mostly brought on by the media) that an impromptu landing would cause public panic all over the globe. Many people trust the governments or would at least turn to them in such a crisis, and unless the governments will come out beforehand and reassure people that it won't be dangerous, extraterrestrials could significantly mess things up for humans on Earth if they landed or otherwise made themselves known beyond doubt. Perhaps discussions are being held, if governments are already in contact with extraterrestrials - which some government and military officials have come out and stated plain and simple - during which extraterrestrials try to convince our governments to agree to a disclosure, or during which plans are being developed for how such a disclosure would be handled. Disclosure would be immediately global, and if something went wrong because some people acted from fear rather than sense (which humans have a tendency to do), we could have a huge issue on our hands. Many components need to come together to make global disclosure possible and safe for everyone. Add to that also the possibility that our governments (or perhaps only some of them, or some powerful/influential individuals in them) don't want disclosure because it would lead to the downfall of their authoritarian power and immense material wealth (because the extraterrestrials would offer the blueprint for a more fair, efficient and sustainable society), which they don't want to lose because of a deeply rooted fear that if they have nothing - not their titles, their power, their money, their possessions - they ARE nothing. Which of course isn't true. But they're afraid. So many - if not all - of the world's issues can be traced back to fear. I personally believe that the reason full disclosure has not yet been reached is, in one way or another, because of fear.