Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 07-01-2018, 01:18 AM
Master

Evolution of trancendence.

At the beginning you may feel a sense of disconnection. You are not sure what you feel disconnected from. You have vague ideas about something all encompasing which is sometimes referred to as God, Source, Primal Energy, Oneness, The Sublime/Supreme. What these labels sort of have in common is the idea of a Totality without distinction or discrimination.

You may have a sense that the solution to this feeling of disconnected is that things are already perfect. One, and totally connected, just as they already are, so you may actually require nothing!

But this sense may not be strong at this stage and anyway your search has uncovered a majority of well established, well respected, authoritative, paths and practices with great history behind them, that say that you lack something variously called Enlightenment, Realization, Liberation, or Awakening. Somewhere in amongst all these paths and practises there may be a suggestion that indeed things are perfectly connected just as they already are, but you hardly notice it or may not notice it at all, so myriad and sure of themselves these paths and practises are.

So off you go trying this or that path and practise and may feel you are getting somewhere. But for some this is not the case. They may lack the discipline required by some or come to feel that they are not making the progress they hoped for. It is at this point that the idea of The Totality without distinction or discrimination (Oneness) may resonate strongly enough to end the belief that there is distance between seeker and sought, and the path that has been followed till now with its requirement for practise drops away, disappears, is trancended.

Something like this may be what Nisargadatta and others sense when they use the direct approach.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:00 AM
Master

Realistically, this is just another path, another thing I would have to tell myself to do on a daily basis with the hope of seeing the result... as it is totally outside my experience that I could tell it to myself just once, believe myself immediately, and be done with it. And as such it is covered by the same rules as all the other paths you have implicitly derided.

I guess I don't know how far to trust myself with a concept like this, either.

I think there is tremendous potential to mislead myself about my own intentions here. For example this idea is so seductive that I could start feeling justified to do nothing more for my entire life other than avoid doing things? And worse promote that others do the same? And I'm not sure either that the result you describe is at all worth the effort I would have to put into it.

But I suppose if I were predisposed to buy into this it might be fun to see if I get lost in the woods!
Old 07-01-2018, 08:42 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
Realistically, this is just another path, another thing I would have to tell myself to do on a daily basis with the hope of seeing the result... as it is totally outside my experience that I could tell it to myself just once, believe myself immediately, and be done with it. And as such it is covered by the same rules as all the other paths you have implicitly derided.

I guess I don't know how far to trust myself with a concept like this, either.

I think there is tremendous potential to mislead myself about my own intentions here. For example this idea is so seductive that I could start feeling justified to do nothing more for my entire life other than avoid doing things? And worse promote that others do the same? And I'm not sure either that the result you describe is at all worth the effort I would have to put into it.

But I suppose if I were predisposed to buy into this it might be fun to see if I get lost in the woods!

It really is not a question of telling yourself anything or buying into anything. Resonance has nothing to do with that. It either happens or not depending on frequency matching.

I'm suggesting that, as it is mind that gathers data in the attempt to end the search, so it would not be surprising if it is mind, while looking and considering that data, that has the capacity to resonate with the solution it thinks may work for the organism it serves.

The vibration frequency of disillusion with practise seems to be one state of mind that resonates with the vibration/frequency of the concept All is One. If one has the feeling of getting somewhere with practise then practise is likely to continue. The other state of mind which may be in tune with the concept is that which suspects the solution to the search is that all is already totally connected just as all already is.

After resonance, practise may continue for some reason, but it would no longer be for the reason of connection.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:37 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Something like this may be what Nisargadatta and others sense when they use the direct approach.

What you refer to is choosing the belief that "you are free and enlightened", which is markedly different to its realization - the latter of which is what spiritual paths are really about i.e. it's like reading a travel brochure about Rome and claiming you are there, erstwhile quoting people who are.

But then we've been through all of this in 2017. Here's a little snippet of the posts you have duplicated:

Agreement

Character and Neo-Advaita

Tradition and the Resistance to Change

Non-Duality and the Guru

Neo-Advaita

No Path or Practice Required

Happy New Year.

BT
Old 08-01-2018, 04:14 AM
Master
Quote:
At the beginning you may feel a sense of disconnection. You are not sure what you feel disconnected from. You have vague ideas about something all encompasing which is sometimes referred to as God, Source, Primal Energy, Oneness, The Sublime/Supreme. What these labels sort of have in common is the idea of a Totality without distinction or discrimination.

You may have a sense that the solution to this feeling of disconnected is that things are already perfect. One, and totally connected, just as they already are, so you may actually require nothing!

But this sense may not be strong at this stage and anyway your search has uncovered a majority of well established, well respected, authoritative, paths and practices with great history behind them, that say that you lack something variously called Enlightenment, Realization, Liberation, or Awakening. Somewhere in amongst all these paths and practises there may be a suggestion that indeed things are perfectly connected just as they already are, but you hardly notice it or may not notice it at all, so myriad and sure of themselves these paths and practises are.

So off you go trying this or that path and practise and may feel you are getting somewhere. But for some this is not the case. They may lack the discipline required by some or come to feel that they are not making the progress they hoped for. It is at this point that the idea of The Totality without distinction or discrimination (Oneness) may resonate strongly enough to end the belief that there is distance between seeker and sought, and the path that has been followed till now with its requirement for practise drops away, disappears, is trancended.

How you come to know direct nature or true self, often is reflected in many ways and paths, that seems to be the nature of spirituality. The ultimate is as you suggest at the end, which I think is where we are headed in the coming years, as the balance of the planet has aligned to reveal more spontaneously. The quickening or "rapture" that many talk about is really part of the natural cycles of the interconnected universal shifts that come as slower process or instantaneous openings, so often during these periods of quickening and faster manifestation, many people do have those kind of awakenings, where one ceases to end the search and becomes the transcended being. We are part of nature and the universe so we fit into all those changing cycles as the cycles of change as one.

In the end you are really just seeking youself- Iamit

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 08-01-2018, 04:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
What you refer to is choosing the belief that "you are free and enlightened", which is markedly different to its realization - the latter of which is what spiritual paths are really about i.e. it's like reading a travel brochure about Rome and claiming you are there, erstwhile quoting people who are.

But then we've been through all of this in 2017. Here's a little snippet of the posts you have duplicated:

Agreement

Character and Neo-Advaita

Tradition and the Resistance to Change

Non-Duality and the Guru

Neo-Advaita

No Path or Practice Required

Happy New Year.

BT

Yes we know you like to smear the free choice of those who disagree with you but cant quite bring yourself to smear Nisargadatta when he uses the direct approach. Duly noted yet again. :)

Please keep responding like this. You are becoming more and more rediculous.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:08 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Yes we know you like to smear the free choice of those who disagree with you but cant quite bring yourself to smear Nisargadatta when he uses the direct approach. Duly noted yet again. :)

Please keep responding like this. You are becoming more and more rediculous.

There is no smearing, but unfortunately you cannot accept analysis, mainly because the Neo-Advaita / Tony Parsons ilk cannot stand up to any spiritual or intellectual analysis.

Here's to more red-i-roses in the garden this year
Old 08-01-2018, 05:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
There is no smearing, but unfortunately you cannot accept analysis, mainly because the Neo-Advaita / Tony Parsons ilk cannot stand up to any spiritual or intellectual analysis.

Here's to more red-i-roses in the garden this year

Good. I am pleased to hear that you have dropped your accusations of criminality, and insanity concerning NA. If that is so you wont seem quite so ridiculous.

Now thats out of the way perhaps you would care to comment on Nisargadatta's use of the direct approach. No? I thought not:)
Old 08-01-2018, 05:39 AM
Master
The weird thing is, I actually enjoy the feeling of 'disconnection' even though the 'connection' is there.

It's akin to two lovers.

They may love each other so much, they live in each other's hip pocket and are joined like Siamese twins...they will have sex 3,4 & 5 times a day. They will hold hands whilst washing dishes, complete each other's sentences...live as one person, even though they are two...and this will be fine for a few months...maybe for a year...and then, it becomes dull and boring...you still love that person and they still love you just as much, but the close proximity is starting to irk and frustrate...and the 'bedroom antics' are starting to lose the spark they once had and it seems that no matter how much you love each other, you don't seem to appreciate each other as individuals much anymore...you are taking the whole situation for granted now and the novelty has worn off...the 'honeymoon period' is definitely over.

So, one (or the other) decides to move out, but not to break up...just to see each other once a week...once a fortnight maybe, to put some spark...romance...'zing' back into the relationship and so they decide to separate, even though they are still together, just so when they DO come together again, sparks fly, fireworks go off and the Earth/Universe moves to accommodate them...so they don't allow themselves to become 'used to it' anymore and potentially destroy the whole relationship.

It's like this with myself and Shiva.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:48 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
How you come to know direct nature or true self, often is reflected in many ways and paths, that seems to be the nature of spirituality. The ultimate is as you suggest at the end, which I think is where we are headed in the coming years, as the balance of the planet has aligned to reveal more spontaneously. The quickening or "rapture" that many talk about is really part of the natural cycles of the interconnected universal shifts that come as slower process or instantaneous openings, so often during these periods of quickening and faster manifestation, many people do have those kind of awakenings, where one ceases to end the search and becomes the transcended being. We are part of nature and the universe so we fit into all those changing cycles as the cycles of change as one.

In the end you are really just seeking youself- Iamit

You cant judge others by what you regard as relevant. Well you can if you like but it doesn't make much sense because you are not them having thier experience. I prefer to just ask and listen to their account of what after all is their experience.

I was seeking the end of feeling disconnected. Others want more, something they call enlightenment (whatever that means) but I am quite happy with no longer feeling disconnected.

How about you? How would you describe what you are seeking?