Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 16-06-2011, 07:14 AM
Master
What we need to know.. http://www.skepdic.com/forer.html

Most of those child labels go like this: you've always been ''shy'' as a child, you have a ''connection'' to animals, you ''sensed'' there was more to life, and you are also an ''empath'', and you are ''eclectic'', you feel ''special'' and feel you have a higher ''task'', and you know people don't really ''understand'' you.. Does this describe you? Well it's your lucky day, you can call yourself Indigo/Crystal/Ruby Star/Star/Moon/Angel Incarnate/Agate/Pristine/Blue/Purple/Blue Ray/Rainbow/Emerald/Jade Etc.

And more importantly, you will find that all of them inhabit western countries, usually the US, but also Canada, western Europe, and Australia.
Majority seems to be female..

It is an interesting phenomena, and it is deeply cultural.
Old 16-06-2011, 07:47 AM
AngelicOrin

Believe what you wish.

I was never asked those questions, I was always suspicious that I was an Indigo, and when I met a medium (I am now friends with) for the first time, literally the first question she asked me was, "You are an indigo aren't you?"

So *shrugs* you all can stay skeptical, but I am choosing to be open to the topic. Blessings with love and light.
Old 16-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Master
That's not really surprising as the mediums are all influenced by New Age thought. They are skilled at cold readings and when they see young people coming towards them, they will have their assumptions (as we all have when we see people) and will make use of the spiritual paradigm that is prevalent at the time.

Cold readings and Forer effects are very much alive in spiritual circles. It's good to take a sceptical view.

You say you were always ''suspicious'' that you were an ''Indigo'' which means you were already familiar with the concept and its characteristics. It could be that mediums can give believers the much wanted approval so that they can now live with the label out in the open. It is a sense of purpose, and identification.

Believe as you wish, but I will give my point of view be it ''spiritually correct'' or not.
Old 16-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicOrin
You are defiantly mistaken, and do not know what an indigo is. I will have you know I have been told my respectable mediums that I am an Indigo and a Lightworker - that these people have not done anything for profit about the topic. These people are genuinely amazing people and full of light.

More or less Indigos began in this world "officially" in the mid-late 80s - this is what I am told, I am 24, and indigo adult and there is others about my age and younger.

We are all Gods children, but some of us (the Indigos, Star and Crystals) are different and I am sure it all connects with our past lives, and our spirituality in this world. Everyone can be spiritual, yes if they learn, but for us Indigos we pretty much have no choice to be spiritual or not.

Like I said before, I am an Indigo and a Lightworker - who is a teaching/healing earth angel. These terms are used by Archangel Raphael to describe me, who is currently overseeing me at the moment.
Yes I do know what an Indigo is. It's a funky new age title invented by some author from his/her own head. And of course it's interesting, and it caught on.
The respected mediums you mention have read/heard about it from Earthly sources. The terminology and distinctions are present in their minds, and it's somehow a pleasing idea. They like to share it.
I mean no offence to them! BUT to label anybody as Indigo, Star Child, Rainbow etc etc is sadly confining, segregating and very misguided.

For many years I have observed how the spiritualist movement has tried desperately to convince people that we are all capable of these 'spiritual abilities'. That clairvoyance, healing etc etc etc are NOT for 'special people', but are Human traits that can be tapped into by ALL.

Then somebody writes a book about 'Special Special people', and the freak show is back in town.

Really? Do you think that if those mediums called you a Rainbow Child instead of an Indigo, that you'd be doing anything different today?
If you are told that you are NOT an indigo, would you suddenly quit your light-work?

Quote:
We are all Gods children, but
There is NO 'but' after that statement!
Old 16-06-2011, 10:46 PM
AngelicOrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer
If you are told that you are NOT an indigo, would you suddenly quit your light-work?

No. I knew I was a lightworker before I knew I was an indigo. Being a lightworker is as I know part of my life-purpose, I am already going down that path as well, with my uni studies - and if I did quit I know there will be a emptiness inside me.
Old 17-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicOrin
No. I knew I was a lightworker before I knew I was an indigo. Being a lightworker is as I know part of my life-purpose, I am already going down that path as well, with my uni studies - and if I did quit I know there will be a emptiness inside me.
I think that's a wonderful purpose to adopt.
Old 25-06-2011, 02:58 AM
Knower

I demonstrated all of the qualities of an Indigo during my adolescence, and I used to think it was one, but it's never been confirmed to me.

Who's to say, yes you are an Indigo, no you're not? I can't do that for myself. Who am I to give myself that?

Each characteristic checks out for me, but I certainly don't feel special, and its not enough confirmation for me to give myself the label. It feels boastful and I honestly don't know if I am or not.

Who does the official diagnoses? Do you call yourself an Indigo because your traits match up, or because you've been told by a psychic?

I seriously never felt right about these classifications, although I'm not doubting them.
Old 26-06-2011, 03:35 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBreeze
Greetings, Casper! You have asked an excellent question and since the answer can be quite lengthy, you might wish to visit the following excellent website for more on this fascinating subject matter. The page may contain PDF material as well.

http://www.reflectionsinlight.org/NewFiles/Indigos%20Crystals%20Star%20Children%20CP_2.doc%20 %5BCompatibility%20Mode%5D.pdf
If I would have shown these characteristics when I was young I know that my parents would have called me a self-centered brat.
It is really nothing to be proud of. A sense of royalty ... what next? Blue light convoys and bodyguards?
Old 15-07-2011, 06:39 PM
RisenPhoenix

Just yesterday I felt the knowing that I was a star child. I wasn't thinking about these types of children and never read about them before. The thought just came to me out of the blue. I came here to read about the star children and the pdf on the second post confirmed it for me.
Old 24-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Tipareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energyatwork
It still amazes me that people think Indigo is something new. ALL it is, is a new label for something that has been around as long as mankind. Nancy Anne Tappe is simply an oppertunist who saw a way to make money; Indigo children, kids with indigo auras. Of course only she could see them!
She did not even have the sense to realize that she has made life far harder for people your age and younger to fit in the world.
Angelicorin do not belive all you are told. EVERYBODY has a choice its called free will. Spirituality is simply a wish to be an expression of love without condition during your time on Earth, even if only for a moment or two at a time. All else is often based on pure ego.
I do not mean to offend but please realize just how much ego/arrogance your post exhibits. Please do yourself a favor just be who you are; there is no need for New Age labels that give a false sense of self importance. Yes you are different but if you are not careful you will push people away from you because of your attitude, not because you are different

I agree with this, in the way that indeed there's a lot of ego in some of those books, and inflated names...

I do believe that our souls incarnate on Earth, but also other planets. But this is normal, this is ordinary, and does not need names to separate groups. It's not such big deal, universe is so vast, and souls are living lives in many planets, galaxies etc But one cannot be 100% sure that in a previous life was on certain planet, out of this galaxy for example... I am very skeptical about this. How can one be so sure, when one cannot even remember well the childhood, or even some things from few years ago... Maybe is my limitation, but I look around and people forget a lot. lol

So those names - indigo, crystal, golden or whatever are creations of the ego, in my opinion... It gets easier to feel good about your child, or about yourself.. when it's hard to adapt, comes the thought and feeling... 'that's because I am not from here, I am different, I am indigo etc etc' But what if you are not that special? What if these are pure deceptions?

What if it's more simple than we might think...? We all are made out of light, and names to separate groups are not beneficial.. Love and aspiration toward divine is all that matters.