Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-05-2014, 03:06 PM
Teddy

Fish "Lord, show us the Father"

Saturday (May 17): "Lord, show us the Father"
Scripture: John 14:7-14

Psalm 98:1-4

Daily Quote from the early church fathers: The Father's portrait in the Son, by Ambrose of Milan, 339-397 A.D.

"By means of this image the Lord showed Philip the Father. Yes, he who looks on the Son sees, in portrait, the Father. Notice what kind of portrait is spoken of. It is truth, righteousness, the power of God. It is not silent, for it is the Word. It is not insensible, for it is Wisdom. It is not vain and foolish, for it is power. It is not soulless, for it is the life. It is not dead, for it is the resurrection." (excerpt from ON THE CHRISTIAN FAITH 1.7.50)

[Edited by staff/Copy and Paste Rule]
Old 17-05-2014, 11:06 PM
Deactivated Account
Afternoon Teddy

Ever wonder what is meant by the Father and what it entails ?
Old 19-05-2014, 04:03 PM
Master
Wonderful post!

The Son is the reflection of the Father in the created-world, the Deity expressed in a self-conscious Man.

---

The Supreme Being is infinite, uncreated, absolute, the All in all- every religion has a connection to the Ground of all Being.

In the Israelite world, they committed themselves to the Absolute unlike all other people. This relationship was given an added element, when the Supreme said to Moses in his consciousness, "I am that I Am". When Moses was confused, the Supreme said, "I am the God of your ancestors!".

The Supreme Being is not technically "God", God is a job title, The Supreme Being became a personal God, a Father for the Jewish people. He/She is saying to Moses, "Ugh. Okay will this make more sense to you? I am the Deity of your fathers! I will be your personal Deity".

This is why I love the history of the Jewish People. They are the only Race in the history of the world that formulated an personal relationship with the Universal Being, and it was a God, a Father for them.

And when Jesus incarnated, he was the human incarnation of that personal expression of God. The person, the relation of the Father emptied itself as a servant and incarnated as a Man. The Universal Consciousness of God experiences the whole universe and all included, but the individual consciousness of God (Jesus Christ) experienced life as a single mortal Man to bring us in a stronger relationship with the Whole.

It was such a beautiful event and it won't ever happen again. No nation has such a personal connection with the Supreme, but we all have our own relationship with God that is personal. We only have such a strong personal relationship because of Jesus. His teachings, whether consciously or unconsciously has influenced generations, nations, races, and groups, and individuals to have such a connection. This is the Christ spirit in action.
Old 19-05-2014, 05:22 PM
Master

[quote=Teddy] 13 Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; 14 if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.”

Teddy,

Thanks for the great posting. How about a meditation on these 2 verses you provided ? I see a trend in the modern church that employs these verses to attract new people to the church that lead people to believe if they conclude their prayers with the phrase......"We ask these things in the name of Jesus" that all their dreams will come true. Unfortunately this is often misconstrued as God being one that can and will grant material wishes rather than true blessings which are spiritual in nature. Why would God grant me a new car when for the same money He could provide bicycles for 200 people who could use a bicycle more than I could benefit from having a new car ?
To ask for something in the name of someone else......one must know the will of the one whose name he is using to make that request. I cannot ask for anything in the name of my employer....my benefactor.....my God without knowing that it is His will or intent. It is by his permission and approval that my requests will be granted.
This might seem a technicality but I fear that these words are often misunderstood and therefore it seems worthwhile to call attention to this.