Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-06-2012, 10:15 AM
brightlight

lifes lessons

hello is they anyway i can stop the amount of lifes lessons i have to go through i seem to have more than most and most of them are very hard to go through and they challenge my insanity and make me feel like i carnt cope x
Old 09-06-2012, 11:30 AM
n2mec

For me, lifes lessons seem to slow down as I start to see, understand and apply them. At time it can be overwhelming and that may be where to start. Become more present, step back from the situation try to see it for what it really is. Remove any emotinal feeling that only clutters your vision or awareness.

Lifes lessons can be very rewarding and can continue to reoccur until we get them. Some people base their entier life on them and have become very successful, and that part I am still work on.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Scott

Life lessons are mind generated. What type of lessons do you perceive?
Old 09-06-2012, 03:09 PM
brightlight

mine are mostly wrong choices that i have made or my children have made that also effect my life x
Old 09-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Deactivated Account
Becoming aware of yourself and what drives you is one way. There may be a subconscious thought or feeling that is driving you to experience certain events until you become aware of it and are able to make different choices for yourself.

For example, someone who constantly finds herself in relationships with men who are either abusive or unavailable may need to become aware of subconscious messages such as 'I'm unlovable' and 'I deserve to be badly treated' in order to change these messages, love herself and eventually form healthier relationships with non abusive men.

It all comes from within. All so called lessons are really an invition for us to become aware of what we are creating in our lives and why, so we can look at ourselves and decide what we want to change, if anything. Sometimes things can't be changed but a lot of the time they can.

If you have made wrong decisions can you look at what you needed from the decisions at the time? Not just on the surface, go deeper.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:10 PM
sesheta

I don't think there is any way to "stop" your life lessons...nor should you want to, in my opinion. I've been through some harsh ones myself, but it is only by going through them, then looking back and truly understanding what you needed to learn from them, that you grow and advance....
Though, I have to agree...it would be nice sometimes if the universe could teach us things in gentler ways :) But then, if it did, maybe we wouldn't learn the lesson the same way......
Old 09-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightlight
mine are mostly wrong choices that i have made or my children have made that also effect my life x

What made the choices wrong?
Old 09-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Better known as Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
I don't think there is any way to "stop" your life lessons...nor should you want to, in my opinion. I've been through some harsh ones myself, but it is only by going through them, then looking back and truly understanding what you needed to learn from them, that you grow and advance....
Though, I have to agree...it would be nice sometimes if the universe could teach us things in gentler ways :) But then, if it did, maybe we wouldn't learn the lesson the same way......

I totally agree. The lessons I have learned thus far have been so hard and yet so meaningful and life changing.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:04 PM
brightlight

The choices were wrong because it hurt people and effected people's life's badly I try to think before I do anything these days but my son seems not to think and he is making wrong choices but I do get really testing times thrown at me in the form of my kids and the way they are with me thank you for all your replays x
Old 10-06-2012, 03:54 AM
Topology

Have you considered family therapy or counselling? Do your kids have any interest in spirituality?