Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 03-11-2014, 05:22 PM
rayguy2

Still no luck with this stuff. I did buy a plant for my office to try your method.

Can a third party help me guard my energy? if one of you makes an intention would that help or is it the person himself who has to do it?
Old 03-11-2014, 05:41 PM
Experiencer

When I feel off in any way, I send the energy up, like a tongue scraper for my aura. I send it up and to the light, repeating "not mine" as I let it go. When I do this, I can feel parts that will not budge, and I know those are my blocks, and they are not releasing in the same way. It's my way of acknowledging and moving on. I don't let it become part of me and absorb into my physical being.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:00 AM
Suspended

Maybe you can see if you can help these people with their issues in some way? Doesn't necessarily have to be direct, but if you find a way to change their energy then it wouldn't have this impact on you.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:54 PM
rayguy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnAPath
When I feel off in any way, I send the energy up, like a tongue scraper for my aura. I send it up and to the light, repeating "not mine" as I let it go. When I do this, I can feel parts that will not budge, and I know those are my blocks, and they are not releasing in the same way. It's my way of acknowledging and moving on. I don't let it become part of me and absorb into my physical being.
I been trying this it helps a little but still does not stop it.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:13 PM
rayguy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revya
Maybe you can see if you can help these people with their issues in some way? Doesn't necessarily have to be direct, but if you find a way to change their energy then it wouldn't have this impact on you.
Oh what a great question, I actually agree 100% with this and think this is probably the best method to removing bad energy from people. As many times a person does not know what an empath is and they are hurting you by dwelling on you.

The issue I found with this in my journey is, when a person comes to you for help you openly help them because thats what empaths do they give their last breath to help another person. That person becomes happy but week or 2 later they are in another mess then another mess and its on going I've been studying human nature and realized that a person usually runs in to same issues just different scenarios and will drain you each time it happens.

You cant imagine how many times I have set a person to go on the right track for me to wake up few weeks later in complete pain as if my head is about to fall of my body because they now have a new issue and need guidance again.

The one person I have issues with is a person who needs me in their life for "advice" so they spend 80% of their day dwelling on me thats why I need to figure out a new method to get rid of them
Old 14-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Pathfinder

Hi Raygun,

I'm a new poster here and by no means an expert, but I'll jump in anyway. As several have said this is a real problem with empaths.
I am not of the school that believes in psychic protection. If energy is coming to you, there is something in your own energy field that is attracting it or matching it. Shielding or protecting is a form of resistance that actually builds more of a connection between you and the thing you are avoiding. Well, that's my view.
When persistent 'symptoms' like this come up, you can think of them as a kind of communication, a message to you from your subconscious or superconscious mind. What is the situation saying to you? There a several possibilities, but one is that you are meant to heal those that you are being disturbed by. Learning to run energy and heal from Source, and then directly working with the people who are affecting you, may possibly relieve this issue. The issue still comes up with healers, but more directly, because they must consciously 'unplug' as they leave the client.
Another possibility is that your image of yourself is that of a caring person, and some part of you thinks it is selfish to 'cut people off'. You can write or even speak a dialog with the part of yourself that wants to stay 'plugged in' to other's energy all the time, and ask it what it wants from you. You can also talk to the part, probably even more hidden, that wants to be UNempathetic and really doesn't care what other people are feeling and thinking. I hear both parts speaking in the description of your problem. Empaths often really have a hard time with this uncaring part, because they are horrified by those who are uncaring and DISidentify with any part of themselves that wants to be separate and unconnected. You may need to love the part of you that wants to be selfish and own your own space!
I recommend You Are Psychic by Debra Katz, and Embracing Our Selves by Hal Stone for both psychic and psychological approaches to this issue. I hope this helps!
Ananias
Old 27-11-2014, 06:31 PM
Master
Fish

Hi Raygun,

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the world of the telepath/empath/psychic!

I'm so glad you posted on this topic as I struggle with this myself.

I don't believe that EVERYTHING that comes to us is what we attract. There are a lot of forces in the universe that we interact with. So it's not our "fault".

I'm sensitive to full moons, people, places, weather and astrological influences. My body has a consciousness of its own - I am the soul inhabiting it, so I have to deal with genetics as well. When in a mall there is a lot of scattered energy that will sometimes result in my having a dream of hundreds of people walking in and out of my home. I'm very clairvoyant and susceptible to fluctuations in the energy field of people and places.

A good night's sleep and keeping a moon calendar goes a long way in self-protection. Forewarned is forearmed for sure. I'm learning to be more assertive with my energetic boundaries too. I've used visualization, crystals, smudging etc... to clear energies but this is really "fluffy" for me - I need more heavy duty things. I listen to music that puts me into a nice space when out in public places that I know are going to drain me (which is easy to do invisibly if you have an iPod or something). Associating with positive people goes a long way. Sometimes I need to let it out physically - with exercise, yoga stretches. Sometimes I just need to holler. So whatever works for you.

Hypersensitivity is a biproduct of self-realization - as your ego boundaries expand you naturally pick up more from the field.

My goal is to become like my spiritual teacher who is able to use other people's energies when they enter his field and transmute them to a harmonious vibration (this only makes sense to those who feel energy).

You might want to experiment with giving psychic readings on this forum and see if this helps you manage your "gift"/"curse". This can put you into closer contact with your guides who are always around to help us.

Prayer works wonders too.

Good luck!

p.s. The key to it all is finding what works for you to get centered in your place of power and stay there. As we become more sensitive, the challenge is to go even deeper in the centering and to become anchored there - while simultaneously being rooted to the ground of ordinary physical experience.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:37 PM
Master
Unfortunately I don't think you can stop it, is a gift that you have. You have to learn how to control it. You can prevent it from draining your own energy, "you can say is not my energy, I won't take it as mine". What I do when it happens is that I do my best to concentrate and I try to figure out from who I'm getting that energy from usually I heard a name and I try to get to the bottom of it and it goes away. At one point in my life I thought it was a curse that I was an empath and now I have learn to cope with it and use it for my advantage. I see it as a blessing now. Once you learn how to distinguish your energy from someone else that would help you a lot.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:15 AM
Ascender
I am a empath and find it difficult to deal with on a daily basis. I am super sensitive to other peoples energy to the point where I avoid malls, concerts, crowds and parties like the plague. I have tried shielding but I cant get it to work for me, smudging, sea salt baths and being out barefoot in nature seems to help. I also run cold tap water over my wrists a lot and ask archangel Micheal to remove all psychic debris and energy that does not belong to me.