Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 23-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teiksma
How do you know that? I have seen a horoscope-like thing and I am raven by it, but I dont feel deep connection. I like ravens, but I dont think it is my totem animal.

Well in their culture it is just determined like our astrological signs. They have birth charts. At the bottom of this page you can find yours by clicking the date you were born between.

http://crystal-cure.com/article-birth-totem.html

My overwhelming feeling from meditating is that we have one "totem spirit" that can change forms as it pleases in order to guide us. For instance the other night while meditating I had an inner vision of a coyote, but my feeling was it could have been anything in order to impart any feeling.

Another way of learning is just to find an animal that embodies what you'd -like- to be rather than what you are. Or one you just feel close with above others.

I just started meditating recently and so that is mostly what I keep these animals in mind for.
Old 23-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex23
Well in their culture it is just determined like our astrological signs. They have birth charts. At the bottom of this page you can find yours by clicking the date you were born between.

http://crystal-cure.com/article-birth-totem.html

My overwhelming feeling from meditating is that we have one "totem spirit" that can change forms as it pleases in order to guide us. For instance the other night while meditating I had an inner vision of a coyote, but my feeling was it could have been anything in order to impart any feeling.

Another way of learning is just to find an animal that embodies what you'd -like- to be rather than what you are. Or one you just feel close with above others.

I just started meditating recently and so that is mostly what I keep these animals in mind for.

Alex--I agree with you that you should just feel the animal you resonate with. Those charts below--I don't resonate with, even though I do have great Native American ties through my guide and (I think) the last past life. But this chart was basically the same as the Leo astrological chart--same stone, same color, same temperament--none of which I resonate with.

So, I think it's more a feeling of either repeated contact, either in physical or dreams, or some animal we're attracted to/understand.

Lora
Old 23-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Teiksma

Yes, raven, but I dont feel like that. I am catshark :)
Old 23-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Knower
It may sound weird but you know how white is supposedly the embodiment of all colors? I feel we as humans are the embodiment of all nature. We have the potential traits of -all- animals and don't need to see ourselves as just one or the other.

@IsleWalker

That is pretty much how I feel as well.

For me personally I find the bee very interesting. I can just stand there and watch a bee go from flower to flower doing its work. I see the value in its attributes. It goes about its business in order to make sure the hive will always be in good health/taken care of. It is diligent and completes the task it sets out to do. So while the Falcon may be my birth animal (and I do relate to it on certain levels) I feel it isn't the best teacher for me.

I think everyone should find the animal that helps them grow and learn, instead of just one they associate themselves with the most. Though associating with a particular animal is good as well as I think it helps our self-identity.
Old 23-07-2013, 10:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Though associating with a particular animal is good as well as I think it helps our self-identity.

Agreed--I think both can happen at once--i.e. the animal/insect(?) we are attracted to and associate with is also the one that challenges us. It's all about mirroring.

Lora
Old 24-07-2013, 11:00 AM
Teiksma

I think we can communicate and learn from all animals, but if someone feels connected more to one, it is still ok. I have two main totems - cat and shark, like light and dark side of me, but I communicate with many animal spirits.
Old 24-07-2013, 03:09 PM
cheeneka

Hi,

I think although we may have animals that are our totems but just like different people come into our lives to teach us at times, so do other animals.

love
gismo
Old 24-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Master
Quote:
It may sound weird but you know how white is supposedly the embodiment of all colors? I feel we as humans are the embodiment of all nature. We have the potential traits of -all- animals and don't need to see ourselves as just one or the other.

Alex--

You may be right. I had thought before about why nature has such a profound affect on me--and almost everyone who spends time in it.

One day it struck me that behind nature is the energy/consciousness of Source, providing everything we need from it.

In the modern world, we tend to forget that nature ultimately provides everything that we need to live--the food, the water.

We tend to think water comes from a plastic bottle and food from some hydroponic farm and corn-fed beef. But, that huge energy behind all nature I feel is Source itself--which is another way of saying what you did, that humans are the embodiment of nature.

Nature is embodiment of Source and humans are the embodiment of nature...Therefore, if A=B and B=C, then A=C!

Lora
Old 24-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Master
Wild cats would be my Spirit animal Lions and Cheetahs. I don't think I have learned any spiritual lessons from them yet, I have dreams about Dosmestic dogs too but I can't confrim what animals in my dreams mean.
Old 24-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Alex--

You may be right. I had thought before about why nature has such a profound affect on me--and almost everyone who spends time in it.

One day it struck me that behind nature is the energy/consciousness of Source, providing everything we need from it.

In the modern world, we tend to forget that nature ultimately provides everything that we need to live--the food, the water.

We tend to think water comes from a plastic bottle and food from some hydroponic farm and corn-fed beef. But, that huge energy behind all nature I feel is Source itself--which is another way of saying what you did, that humans are the embodiment of nature.

Nature is embodiment of Source and humans are the embodiment of nature...Therefore, if A=B and B=C, then A=C!

Lora

That makes complete sense to me and I agree 100%