Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 19-02-2013, 06:58 AM
fairybutterfly

Question Self Defense Against Psychic Attack Energy?

Can someone help me with this question because i just wanna know What it means when people say that if one is under psychic attack one should avoid or sieze any type of occult practices. Now when they say this do they mean something in particular meaning doing specific types of things like playing with spirit boards, tarot cards, pendulums, consulting mediums and psychics, and joining magick cults of any kind. Reason for asking is part of what people say to use in the act of psychic self defense is one we all know the grounding and meditation methods but some also say things like set up a personal altar and create a sacred space for you and your higher power some also say to use certain symbols like the pentagram or use wiccan magick tools or tools according what belief system one person has. Now what i don't understand is if they tell you to stay away from any occult practicing then why do they suggest you to do certain rituals to get rid of psychic attack. I'm asking this because I am recovering from a psychic attack and I'm asking this because the higher power that i work with is a pagan/wiccan diety my faith consists of spellwork (i haven't done any yet I'm working on healing myself first) The point I'm trying to make if they are telling people to get rid of occult practices do they mean not to do any of the following things that i mentioned in the list meaning should they not do any of those specific types of practices and if one already has a pagan/wiccan faith does that mean they should only remain solitary in the practice not to consult with others that do the same working. because if one is not do any occult practices then why do they suggest you to set up altars with dieties and magical tools can someone help me with this question cause I'm confused i would prefer someone who is either skilled the art of magic and in the profession of healing to answer this question
Old 18-03-2013, 09:40 PM
LotusRise

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairybutterfly
Can someone help me with this question because i just wanna know What it means when people say that if one is under psychic attack one should avoid or sieze any type of occult practices. Now when they say this do they mean something in particular meaning doing specific types of things like playing with spirit boards, tarot cards, pendulums, consulting mediums and psychics, and joining magick cults of any kind. Reason for asking is part of what people say to use in the act of psychic self defense is one we all know the grounding and meditation methods but some also say things like set up a personal altar and create a sacred space for you and your higher power some also say to use certain symbols like the pentagram or use wiccan magick tools or tools according what belief system one person has. Now what i don't understand is if they tell you to stay away from any occult practicing then why do they suggest you to do certain rituals to get rid of psychic attack. I'm asking this because I am recovering from a psychic attack and I'm asking this because the higher power that i work with is a pagan/wiccan diety my faith consists of spellwork (i haven't done any yet I'm working on healing myself first) The point I'm trying to make if they are telling people to get rid of occult practices do they mean not to do any of the following things that i mentioned in the list meaning should they not do any of those specific types of practices and if one already has a pagan/wiccan faith does that mean they should only remain solitary in the practice not to consult with others that do the same working. because if one is not do any occult practices then why do they suggest you to set up altars with dieties and magical tools can someone help me with this question cause I'm confused i would prefer someone who is either skilled the art of magic and in the profession of healing to answer this question

You know this is an interesting question to me, so much so that I've clicked it a few times, then always gave up on reading halfway through. I wonder if others have felt the same way. It's such a garbled little paragraph. A rambling feel to it. Sorry.... Maybe that's why there hasn't been a response just yet.

I've read up on psychic attacks and thought form energy quite a lot because it fascinates me. I think it would do you a great deal of good to just call on the angels and ascended masters for help. In Doreen Virtue's book "Archangels and Ascended Masters" she recommends to call on the following Ascended Masters for help against Psychic Attack:

Athena
El Morya
Ishtar
Melchizedek
Saint-Germain

There are sections in the book dedicated to telling us about each one of these Ascended Masters, but you don't need to know their background. Just know they are willing to help you and specialize in this particular kind of problem. I'd just pray to those five, along with the angels. All you need to do is just call their name and say "Please Help" and I'm sure they will.

I've not heard of being asked to cease dealing with divination tools during psychic attack, but maybe it is good advice. I would imagine low-level energies can communicate with you that way. (Tarot, ouija, and whatnot. They've been known to get through that way.)

I think it's a good rule of thumb for anybody, whether under psychic attack or not, is just to just shower the cards, the session, etc. with white light protection before using them.

As for psychic attack itself, I think we're all under "psychic attack" on a daily basis in one way or another. It's basically a fancy term, in my opinion, for thought form energy. A person can shoot you love, or they can shoot you something else. Some malicious pests do it on purpose, but it is usually unintentional. You don't really care for a person, you shoot them a negative thought. It's a shame, but it happens. Most people are good people, and we don't think those kinds of things with an intention to send them something harmful. But we should make an effort to catch it and correct it when it happens anyway.
Old 19-03-2013, 03:20 PM
GuiYoM

If you want to heal yourself, stop doing stuff you cant control or might attack you.

Stop magic, clean your habbit, your life.

Meditate on YOUR light, then ask Higher helps.
Old 15-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Eonnn84

You have to stop it all together, forget the spiritual (instead just wait till you die) and focus on the physical. Either that or limit what your doing, reduce the amount or stop it for a while then get back to it later on.

Any kind of spiritual practice will attract stuff. In terms of psychic defense people say to use tools according to your belief system because it is you that gives it the power to work, and this works better if you believe it.

In my case, I believe in God but I also believe in many other things, one of them being the power of my mind/spirit/will/consciousness and in turn the power that has over my reality. So when I'm feeling threatened I draw from that power that lies within. To try and describe this in a way you can understand its like I beef up my aura, get all high and mighty about it and feel the divine that comes from within
Old 19-07-2013, 07:29 AM
Charles

I was advised to simply ask for Gods protection from dark energy and negative forces using a simple heart felt prayer.
Ask and you shall receive.
Old 19-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Yamah

There are three approaches to Energy Work and Magic in general:

- Psionics; utilizing spiritual power directly through willpower
- Ritual; manipulating the fabric of the universe through associated symbols, actions, words and devices
- Invocation; asking, demanding, tricking, imploring or otherwise getting help from a higher power, be it an Angel, Demon, Spirit (Guide or otherwise), or God directly

Each approach has its benefits and its detriments. Almost everything that can be accomplished through one of these approaches can be accomplished through the other two as well. This forum is for those following the Psionics approach.
Old 19-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairybutterfly
Can someone help me with this question because i just wanna know What it means when people say that if one is under psychic attack one should avoid or sieze any type of occult practices.

I don't know what that means, either. If you're under psychic attack, then you're on that vibrational plane whether you consciously want to or not. That's like saying you shouldn't try to swim if somebody pushes you into the middle of a lake.

That said, some things can make it worse. Suppose there's a giant serpent in that lake, and swimming a certain way will wake it up. Suppose that the jerk who pushed you in is watching from the banks, ready to prod you with a sharp stick if you tried to swim to shore. Or maybe the lake is so shallow that you can simply stand up.

Think about what's really happening, first.

Now, if you don't know what's happening, and you just found yourself in the middle of the lake, then swimming a little is a completely natural reaction. Deal with the snake or the stick if it comes up, and maybe look back on it later and go "D'oh! Why I should have..."

If your goddess is helping you, then keep going with it.
Old 19-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Neville

There is a very old book that is out of print and copyright now an therefore free.

Psychic Self Defence by the late Dion Fortune which I understand is still today widely recognized as something of a bench mark on the subject to hand.

Part IV being the methods of defence.

You can find it here

Some people also believe that carrying or wearing Nuummite is the very strong protection in so far as it is thought to reflect/send the ill intent back to it's creator.
Old 19-07-2013, 10:09 AM
astroboy

Psychic attack is actually elements attacking the little child in you. In other words they get to your subconscious level and dig into your weak points. It is a fear-based attack. And the consequences can, at times be devastating. Therefore, if you follow scriptures, (I follow Sikh scriptures) you will find yourself getting involved in positive higher source descriptions. The more you read, the more positive stuff gets into the Sub-conscious Mind, which is like a storage library of your past. Every moment contemplated upon the Source, God, creator of the Universe, increases the beneficial engrams in the SM. Imagine two scales = the beneficial memories, and the evil types, that we unknowingly allow ourselves to get indulged in. Whichever side of the scales is heavier, that part has a stronger hold on us. TV, Internet, newspaper, ads have an evil subliminal side in them. The more you're exposed to them, the more they control you without your knowledge.
Old 19-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Yamah

Psychic attacks by energetic entities are attempts to steal portions of your energy. Awakening your spiritual potential allows you to draw down a greater amount of spiritual energy, making you a more attractive target. The recently awakened don't yet know how to defend themselves making them the equivalent of slow, fat cows. Once you know enough to defend yourself and prove that you do those entities should leave you alone. A bit like 'punch a bully once in the jaw and he'll stop picking on you'.