Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 19-06-2012, 06:11 AM
Insensitive1

Angel1 I want to learn healing

What are good techniques, things to know, etc. when trying to heal someone? And not just healing, but other supporting measures as well. I would like to learn how, although I still can barely (even then it doesn't happen often) feel energy. Idk why, just the thought of being a healer seems appealing. It fits my nature, I think. So any thoughts or tips on the matter? All are welcome!!!
Old 19-06-2012, 07:30 AM
Sybilline

Hi Insensitive! I'm no healer but my mother is, perhaps you might want to check which healing practice you feel drawn to?

She once chose reiki but found pranic healing seems to work better with her, she is also studying hermetic healing.

There are some healers who don't really have a name for their practice, they simply know they heal. Wait just a bit and I'm sure they will answer! It might be a bit late in their country right now :)
Old 19-06-2012, 07:50 AM
Yamah

Learning to heal others is a long and difficult path. There isn't any one technique to learn... there are a lot of theories and techniques that you have to become familiar with. Learning on your own is both difficult and dangerous - you can cause real harm if you attempt some techniques without the proper training. I would suggest you become more familiar with basic energy work and self-work before reaching out into another person. Learn to cycle energy throughout your own body, adjusting your own chakras, grounding yourself, feeling out your own blockages and learning how to manipulate your own vibrations and energy structure. Once you feel VERY comfortable with your own energies start trying to non-invasively 'scan' others, feeling out their chakras, structures and vibrations. Only once you can competently do both these things should you try to enter another's energy body for any reason.

There is only one technique that I know of which can be used to heal without risk, which is the Reiki Approach: concentrate on emanating positive energy towards your subject and allow the energy to do its work without intent. This is a non-invasive method and it can be effective (and intense), but it can also be very draining to the healer unless they properly ground and center first, either by grounding before hand or attuning themselves to a large source of energy (such as through Reiki initiation).
Old 19-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Reikichris

Go to a reiki healer and get a couple of treatments - pay attention to the energy - it carries a song that you can learn - this is the strat of opening up.
More on the song of life and attunements at cactuschris.wordpress.com

love
chris
Old 15-07-2012, 05:34 AM
MoonDancer

I actually saw that there was a class at my community college. Maybe you could search around your community for some kind of classes.
Old 15-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamah
Learning to heal others is a long and difficult path. There isn't any one technique to learn... there are a lot of theories and techniques that you have to become familiar with. Learning on your own is both difficult and dangerous - you can cause real harm if you attempt some techniques without the proper training. I would suggest you become more familiar with basic energy work and self-work before reaching out into another person. Learn to cycle energy throughout your own body, adjusting your own chakras, grounding yourself, feeling out your own blockages and learning how to manipulate your own vibrations and energy structure. Once you feel VERY comfortable with your own energies start trying to non-invasively 'scan' others, feeling out their chakras, structures and vibrations. Only once you can competently do both these things should you try to enter another's energy body for any reason.

I think this is really good advice Yamah. I'm a natural healer, I've always just done it without thinking so I don't know how to let you know how to learn to heal Insensitive1 but I know from experience that Yamah makes some very good points. It's also a good idea to remember that you should always clear yourself afterwards of any energy you may have picked up during a healing process. Discharge it and send it back to the universe. I used to heal when I was young and never knew about doing this which built up an enormous block in my system, it's only in this past week in fact, that I have managed to heal again, but that was filled with problems too.

I'd suggest like the other posters here, looking into something like reiki as a starting point. Also you could look into learning to view chakras because this will help you develop your ability to scan for problems (this is my next step too!)

Good luck with your quest to learn to heal. Let us know how it goes!
Old 16-07-2012, 04:29 AM
Yamah

You're so fortunate Illumine to be born with such gifts. I wasn't born with any spiritual gifts, other than a genuine interest and the ability to learn.
Old 16-07-2012, 07:38 AM
Guide
I don't think it matters whether or not you are a natural healer. If you have a desire to learn to do it and are able to, I just it's just as good, perhaps in some ways it can be even better because you would probably go through the learning process more methodically and learn about all the do's and don'ts. I know that because healing is something I just do without thinking, I jumped right in there without knowing about important things like discharging energy so it can have its pros and cons
Old 16-07-2012, 07:57 AM
Master

Based on my own experiences... If you want to heal other than in the most general non-invasive way, ask yourself if you have the talent to SEE the patient. From the inside. Can you sense where the pain is focused? Where there is damage, lumps, clogging, pus? If not, then you are - like me - going to be a blind surgeon. It won't matter how good you are at fixing this or that; at the end of the day the patient's health will depend not only on you being able to fix correctly what is wrong, but on the patient actually suffering from what you THINK is wrong. You can't go wrong with a general bubble of healing around the patient, but I have been too close to accidentally killing my patients a couple of times too many now. So these days I am only engaging in healing when the patient WILL die if I don't do anything and there's no time for a real doctor to deal with it. I have saved lives with what talents I have but those were harrowing and humbling experiences, hoping and praying that what I blindly did would work.

And I wanted so very badly to be a healer too. But I am no more the right person for that than I am for being a medium. Or a violinist.The right talents simply aren't there.
Old 16-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Administrator

It makes no difference which Healing you feel drawn to you must remember that you are just the vesil,in which the energies flow through,you should feel drawn to one type of healing and concentrate on that.i am a spiritual Healer or as some call it a hand Healer

Namaste