Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 21-04-2012, 06:24 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamah
thank you for sharing, res. What do you mean about 'amplifying the intent' and 'distracted by the process'? Do you mean use the Affirmation method for shielding (focussing on the intent of 'I AM SHIELDED'), as opposed to consciously using energy?

It would apply to both id say when amplifying your intent, no matter what process you are focussing on. I believe the word you have used is "intensify" that sums this up.

What i meant by that was, the systems that resonate best for me are those that are simple and dont require me to recall large masses of information and be distracted from be-ing involved in life. I had a teacher that got carried away with so so many different versions to perform the same basic function. A bit like if you want to cross a river, some build a simple raft and others build an extravagant multi milion dollar yacht. Each ways is equally correct and gets you across the river.

For me i am not sure that shielding is the way i would approach being infuenced by external energies of any sort, id be more inclined to make a stand of equal force to bring about balance and a measured dose of i am not your victim/this is my space also. I agree with your warning that shields can become addictive and that they may lead to increased anxiety and paranioa in those that are so inclined to such influences.

Each to their own and once again great detailed work.
Old 28-09-2014, 09:30 AM
AnandinBhisajKurma

This is exactly the post I was looking for :) thank you!
Old 03-10-2014, 12:52 AM
Experiencer
wow this is great, my guides have already begun to teach me some of this, just a few basic techniques, thanks for the advice on shielding greatly appreciated

I may have become awakened; I may like you to be become awakened, but that is my thing not your thing. If you are fast asleep and dreaming beautiful dreams, who am I to disturb you? I will wait. I will surround you like a fragrance. And if that fragrance catches you, and if that fragrance brings you out of your sleep, it is ok."
Old 03-10-2014, 01:26 AM
TesseLated

Thanks for this!
Old 03-10-2014, 05:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamah
Shields naturally fade over time unless they are being maintained.
Only energy based shields naturally decay. Some types are used up only when used (deflecting or absorbing energy). Others are not diminished by time or use.

There are drawbacks to all kinds of shields. Take time to consider this before erecting a shield.

[very advanced] the following types of shields require no maintenance and are more effective than basic energy shields described at beginning of thread: (energetic) transparency, dimensional shield. Note that because they don't decay, the problem of being left up indefinitely is even more acute than becoming addicted to energy shields.

[very advanced] though not technically shields, the following techniques have some of the same benefits with less drawbacks: (energetic) invisibility, temporal displacement, energetic displacement, being unknowable.

Some of these advanced techniques are described in post #12 of http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=63982
Old 03-10-2014, 11:17 PM
TesseLated

Can anyone address how long visualizations should be maintained?
Old 03-10-2014, 11:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TesseLated
Can anyone address how long visualizations should be maintained?
First, stop when your shield is built/ topped off.

As to building one, that depends a lot on your ability to focus, your ability to raise energy (or other needed resource), and your skill at building shields. For beginners, its going to take an hour or so of visualization time to build a shield and it is going to decay in less than that amount of time. Experts can raise one in seconds.

For energy shields, which require maintenance, replenishment to compensate for natural decay usually takes ~15% of the time to build one (i.e. 10 minutes). The learning curve is fairly easy, so most people who are not constantly attacked can soon get this down to 5 minutes a day. A well built one certainly ought to still be effective for a day probably two. If these sorts of time frames are difficult do as much as you can, even a partially built energy shield does some good.

Note that if an energy shield is totally drained away or has been breached, it needs to be rebuilt. Repair is possible but not manageable for beginners.