Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 08-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Master

How do you know what your element is?

I used to laugh at the birth signs telling you what element you are in. Then again I used to laugh at a lot of things I take very serious now.

And I have noticed that some people seem to find certain energies a lot more pleasant than others. I know at least one who loves it when I send fire energy, as opposed to sending air or water energy. And another who gets drained when I send earth energy.

Disregarding for the moment what the horoscopes claim, how can you tell what element you are closest to or what energy works best for you? I identify the following non-living elemental energies so far: earth, fire, air, water, and spirit.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Experiencer

According to the birth signs, I'm Earth. However, I seem to be more water. I came to this conclusion when I took time to ponder each one of the elements, and how I felt when I embrace them. I enjoy being in nature, hiking, camping, etc, but I do not put my bare feet in the grass often. However, when I'm in the water, be it pool, ocean, lake, pond, etc. I feel so calm and at ease. I crave just sitting my the waterfront, breathing the sea air. That's how I knew what I'm closest to and relate to.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Master
OnAPath, I'm supposed to be earth too and I can believe that I am...but I love water too and I think pisces are people I connect most with in my own life, the great majority of people I admire, respect and get along with are pisces and they are the water sign, I believe. So I live in the country and fight tooth and nails to keep my property I live on now. The house is ****, but my land is lovely...enough land to keep me happily planting and admiring and I have a creek and a pond and a lake...so I enjoy it very much.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:13 PM
nightowl

Quote:
how can you tell what element you are closest to or what energy works best for you? I identify the following non-living elemental energies so far: earth, fire, air, water, and spirit.

WhiteWarroir,

My power element is air/wind. The way I find out was my what rituals, practices and tools I used. My spirit reacts strongly to things that are associated with air. Even my power animals are birds. Maybe do a quick evaluation of your rituals, practices, tools, guides, horoscope, and such. What I found out was mine almost all were tied to air. What I was drawn to had much to do with air. It just happened that way and I found out by researching the aspects of my path that air was dominate.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Angelz

I am a born Aries and fire certainly suits me as if you read a description of an aries it pretty much fits me to a T but I also know that water compliments my fire. I very attuned to nature and have found that if I don't frequently find a spot to commune with nature, either in the backyard, at a large wooded park, camping, hiking etc...that I begin to feel ungrounded and out of balance. I also require to be around large bodies of water. The angels tell me often to visit the ocean or other large bodies of water to soothe my soul. My soul mate is also a water sign so that is a huge sign as well. However, the fire within me burns brightly and passionately in everything I do, it keeps me motivated and all of the traits that come with a fire sign I possess in order to keep me focused on my life's work and purpose.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Master

Well. I like to sit on the shore, it feels very peaceful. And I love sailboats. But I also like the winds and the birds in the sky and the peace found when sitting on the top of a hill or mountain range. As for fire... I cut down trees and make them into firewood, and smithies call to me, and I love guns and anything else that goes boom. The forest and the mountains and anywhere where the animals make the paths, calls to me and crystals glow in my hands. And the stars and the moon are so beautiful. I don't know what element does NOT call to me. I can certainly access them all for energy now. But surely there must be one element more meant for me than the others... or is there no 'must' in this?
Old 10-01-2012, 01:52 PM
nightowl

Quote:
or is there no 'must' in this?

WW,

It is something that may develop and you will take notice or it may not be part of your spiritual circuit. It may reveal itself later...IMO when it comes to spiritual tools and such there is no must...
Old 10-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Well. I like to sit on the shore, it feels very peaceful. And I love sailboats. But I also like the winds and the birds in the sky and the peace found when sitting on the top of a hill or mountain range. As for fire... I cut down trees and make them into firewood, and smithies call to me, and I love guns and anything else that goes boom. The forest and the mountains and anywhere where the animals make the paths, calls to me and crystals glow in my hands. And the stars and the moon are so beautiful. I don't know what element does NOT call to me. I can certainly access them all for energy now. But surely there must be one element more meant for me than the others... or is there no 'must' in this?
I often feel like them all too, WW.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Ascender
I was asking myself the same question

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
And I have noticed that some people seem to find certain energies a lot more pleasant than others. I know at least one who loves it when I send fire energy, as opposed to sending air or water energy. And another who gets drained when I send earth energy.

Don't really understand ,how do you send eart energy for example ?

I also think if you are attracted by all the element,maybe it's because your element is the 5th, the Spirit, as maybe there's spirit in everything... ws just thinking of that but it could completly be false also ahah ;)
Old 10-01-2012, 09:27 PM
dhaga

Speaking it terms of the 4 traditional elements, I have a Fire sign, but I feel Earth is strongest for me. I love working with earth, playing in the garden, getting my hands into the soil. I help others feel more grounded and stable when I am nearby.