Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Time Travel

Old 13-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Neville

Time flies when youre having fun.

Or so they say, And conversely when waiting for the bell to end a particularly rambling class at school or even for your shift at work to end, every second almost is perceptible...Go on vacation, and its over nearly as quickly as it started. Do years go faster as we get older?

Time is as far as one percieves it, not as straightforward as its measurement of seconds, minutes, hours, days etc would have it.
Old 14-11-2011, 12:04 AM
Suspended
Hiya Neville

I very nearly started the same thread a few days ago.

In the last two weeks, I've experienced time literally drag. Well maybe not literally but you know what I mean.

And it's not like I'm bored or whatnot. I'm absorbed in my work (which I love) and I look up thinking it must have been two hours since. It's 20 minutes.

Supposedly time speeds up the older we get. I'm the exception to the rule. Ah well, there is always an exception.

Squatch
Old 16-11-2011, 09:15 AM
LishBliss

Time is stretchable. Time is maliable.
Normally when a human begins to feel they're getting older and a fear of it passing too fast comes - a fear of death you could say. Then time seems to speeds up. Also the society has created a fast pace cultures. Our lives constantly being run by time, deadlines, time schedules, appointments, etc. -- So naturally this also creates a fast pace view of time.
Also how our body ages has a deep connection with our view of time.

There are villages that still exist away from mainstream society where 100 years old is only seen as middle age.

What to do:
Befriend time.
Meditate :)
Enjoy it all, the ups & downs.
Break our perception of time.

An enlightened master said, "When you feel that time is passing quickly but yet has barely moved, you've caught heaven."

It's the greatest feeling in the world, I can say.

But... now the trouble is staying in heaven. haha.

Love & light to you!
May time become your friend.
Old 16-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Golden28

I was out in the garden today jetblasting the slabs making them look as good as new, i went out at 11:00am Felf like i was out there for about 20 minutes atleast. I looked behind me when i stopped to rest and my old man was walking up to our back door.

I said oh youve come out of work early? he said nah same time really as usual, i checked out the time in the kitchen and was kinda in shock, i was outside 3 hours apparently.. and i dont recall having fun lol. But i do recall the ammount of concentration it took, and while i was doing it i was daydreaming as usual, perhaps that is why.
Old 17-11-2011, 01:04 AM
mattie

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
... Do years go faster as we get older?...

Much faster.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:37 AM
sesheta

I agree - time definitely seems to go faster as we get older...except for when I'm apart from my boyfriend (I'll call him my better half, at almost 40 years old, "boyfriend/girlfriend" just sounds wrong somehow, lol!)...when we're apart, time seems to slow to a crawl....
Old 01-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Knower
Does anyone get the feeling that lately time is speeding up? Each day seems to go by the same but overall the years seem to be flying by.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:58 PM
merrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LishBliss
Time is stretchable. Time is maliable.
Normally when a human begins to feel they're getting older and a fear of it passing too fast comes - a fear of death you could say. Then time seems to speeds up. Also the society has created a fast pace cultures. Our lives constantly being run by time, deadlines, time schedules, appointments, etc. -- So naturally this also creates a fast pace view of time.
Also how our body ages has a deep connection with our view of time.

There are villages that still exist away from mainstream society where 100 years old is only seen as middle age.

What to do:
Befriend time.
Meditate :)
Enjoy it all, the ups & downs.
Break our perception of time.

An enlightened master said, "When you feel that time is passing quickly but yet has barely moved, you've caught heaven."

It's the greatest feeling in the world, I can say.

But... now the trouble is staying in heaven. haha.

Love & light to you!
May time become your friend.

Hi,

I noted that when I only have a few hours to sleep, I keep dozing off and check the clock and am surprised to see there is more time than I thought before I have to get up? It's almost like time is slowing down??

Merrie
Old 26-04-2015, 01:37 AM
supahshelbs

This is so crazy. I had been scrolling through topics and thought to myself "Time flies when you're having fun" & this post was the very next thing i saw when i clicked on the next page.
Old 26-04-2015, 06:29 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahshelbs
This is so crazy. I had been scrolling through topics and thought to myself "Time flies when you're having fun" & this post was the very next thing i saw when i clicked on the next page.

Ditto what on earth is going on