Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 18-08-2018, 02:15 PM
Guide

What happens to authentic lovers after this life

Do you think that romantic/sensual love goes on in the afterlife? With so many people talking about twin flames and sacred couples... the question inevitably popped up in my mind. I always take everything with an open mind mixed with healthy skepticism, but mediums (those who make bridges between people and their deceased loved ones) and NDE testimonies never mention of couples in the afterlife. Not with their earthly spouses and neither with a cosmic partner who may have not incarnated or died young (such as Rose in Titanic who reunites with Jack and not with her husband)... Another thing that never gets mentioned is the recollection of past lives and the possible links between each existence (such as meeting the same soul in different lives again and again)... I mean, i get it, maybe these things are not essential knowledge for terrestrials and are kept for when we go there, but i'm attracted to this enigma. Then what about the 3D cheating aka attraction to other people or attraction to several people during the path of life. Who knows how it is and IF it is once this life is over. I'm not that sure that so called heaven is all there is. I'm more than open to the idea that there are several realms and dimensions, other places to experience life.
anyway, it's a mystery.
Old 18-08-2018, 03:01 PM
Suspended
Guide
I'm glad that im the first responder.

I have pomdered this lately.

If you can manage to invite the current earthly love/romance/passion into your true soul, and your true self, as well as your true energy, and it actually WORKS. Then yes. It will continue on after "life"
Bless you
Old 18-08-2018, 03:01 PM
Suspended
Guide
and yes there is an after "life" , there is a heaven, andyes there are higher dimensions to exist upon
Old 18-08-2018, 03:18 PM
Deactivated Account

I think that couples would meet each other on the other side, why not? But of course, most people don't really stay together long enough for that to happen. Maybe that's why it's not heard of. Only rarely do people stay together till death do us part...
Old 18-08-2018, 03:36 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by AraceliCianna
I think that couples would meet each other on the other side, why not? But of course, most people don't really stay together long enough for that to happen. Maybe that's why it's not heard of. Only rarely do people stay together till death do us part...

This is so very true. A lot of my friends "settled" for the best partner who came along when they were young. They married, had their families, then divorced.

While I'm not in the traditional "relationship" with my twin flame we have been close friends who truly love each other for 30 years. I do feel that he and I will meet on the other side because of the friendship and love we do share here on earth.
Old 18-08-2018, 03:48 PM
Guide

Maybe i expressed myself wrong... let's try again : if Isabel & Johnny are twin flames, a sacred couple, regardless of what their current circumstances are (Isabel is on earth and Johnny hasn't incarnated; Isabel is still alive and Johnny is dead; or both are here on earth now) will they be a "couple" after this life? in the romantic/sensual sense? it is very strange to think about earthly concepts and try to extend them in the afterlife...

I don't doubt that we will meet our parents, best friends and most affectionated partners in the afterlife. and hopefully our pets as well. I was trying to join the dots with twin flames... (IF these are truly real... i'm not certain of anything... those earth-shattering sensations could even be a subconscious recognition of several lives spent together).

PS - You too M.Tesla! and thank you all for your replies
Old 18-08-2018, 04:13 PM
Deactivated Account

I don't believe in twin flames, so I would say no. But I didn't realise I was on this part of the forum, apologies...
Old 18-08-2018, 04:26 PM
Roger Wilco

hi from what I have seen twin flames are not sacred couples , but there are other reasons , that are good enough .the name twin flame has no real meaning,
there are no sacred couples just couples , that is souls that have connected them self's to each other by means of etheric cords
terms like 'soul family' do have a real meaning , which is having been in contact over several incarnated life's so having connected by means of etheric cords

in the after life i have seen lovers meet again often , even if they have not been in to spiritual stuff at all on earth also friends meet and much more
Old 18-08-2018, 04:31 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by AraceliCianna
I don't believe in twin flames, so I would say no. But I didn't realise I was on this part of the forum, apologies...

No need to apologize... a different point of view is always an enrichment. and you know what? i don't "believe" in twin flames either - i've had my experiences and i was drawn to this concept many years ago because it reflected my situation... but that's all. I hold no certainty as long as i'm here. only pieces of intuition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyenight

I don't doubt that we will meet our parents, best friends and most affectionated partners in the afterlife. and hopefully our pets as well. I was trying to join the dots with twin flames... (IF these are truly real... i'm not certain of anything... those earth-shattering sensations could even be a subconscious recognition of several lives spent together).

PS - You too M.Tesla! and thank you all for your replies
Old 18-08-2018, 04:31 PM
Master
What happens to authentic lovers after this life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyenight
Maybe i expressed myself wrong... let's try again : if Isabel & Johnny are twin flames, a sacred couple, regardless of what their current circumstances are (Isabel is on earth and Johnny hasn't incarnated; Isabel is still alive and Johnny is dead; or both are here on earth now) will they be a "couple" after this life? in the romantic/sensual sense? it is very strange to think about earthly concepts and try to extend them in the afterlife...

Eyenight,

This question you posed in the Soulmates & Twin Flames thread intrigued me. I found an exceptional account in the "Autobiography of a Yogi", written by Paramahansa Yogananda, that may give you some equally intriguing avenues for thought.

You'll see why when you read Chapter 43, of this book, referenced below. It certainly opened my eyes.

Here's a taste, where Yogananda poses a similar question to his former guru, Sri Yukteswar:

“Beloved Master,” I asked, “will you please describe more in detail the difference between rebirth on the earth and in the astral and causal spheres?"

“Friends of other lives easily recognize one another in the astral world,” Sri Yukteswar went on in his beautiful, flutelike voice. “Rejoicing at the immortality of friendship, they realize the indestructibility of love, often doubted at the time of the sad, delusive partings of earthly life."

Sri Yukteswar goes on to say....

“The earth-liberated astral being meets a multitude of relatives, fathers, mothers, wives, husbands, and friends, acquired during different incarnations on earth, as they appear from time to time in various parts of the astral realms. He is therefore at a loss to understand whom to love especially; he learns in this way to give a divine and equal love to all, as children and individualized expressions of God. Though the outward appearance of loved ones may have changed, more or less according to the development of new qualities in the latest life of any particular soul, the astral being employs his unerring intuition to recognize all those once dear to him in other planes of existence, and to welcome them to their new astral home. Because every atom in creation is inextinguishably dowered with individuality, an astral friend will be recognized no matter what costume he may don, even as on earth an actor’s identity is discoverable by close observation despite any disguise."

I think you'll very much appreciate the knowledgeable, "first-hand" detail of the remainder of Sri Yukteswar's answer...

...but most especially when you realize that there is no "afterlife", at all; just One Life, Omnipresent and Eternal, which includes us all.

....and that we, each and every one, are already living NOW!

Otherwise, these words in the 2nd reference, from the final scene of the epic movie, 47 Ronin, have no meaning.....

"I will search for you through a thousand worlds and 10,000 lifetimes until I find you"....

Do you see? We are all sacred....

Hope this helps....

Reference: https://www.ananda.org/autobiography/#chap43

Reference: https://youtu.be/CKlPrKFz9lU
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 18-08-2018 at 06:11 PM.