Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 18-03-2018, 12:52 AM
Master

Glossary

Ego

The Ego is the tip of the iceberg portion of the subconscious (Session 17) self that deals
exclusively with physical reality.
The Ego is formed at birth of our physical being (Session 126)
The Ego's purpose is manipulation of the personality in physical reality (Session 183)
"...the ego, while a portion of the whole self, can be defined as a psychological "structure",
composed of characteristics belonging to the personality as a whole, organized together to form a
surface identity." - Session 616

Personality

Very closely tied to the ego but prior to the ego.
It is a portion of the inner self (Session 146).
"The personal subconscious and the ego are indeed equal partners in the formation of any given
present personality." - Sesion 152.
"The personality in actuality is simultaneous action, that is composed of actions within actions.
Portions of it are conscious of its awareness as a part of action, and portions of it attempt to stand
aside from action. This attempt forms the ego, and is itself action." Session 164
"The sleeping personality is as close to the inner self as you will come in this existence" -
Session 187

Subconscious

Connective between our physical brain and non-physical mind (Session 20)
Also a connective between our inner and outer senses (Session 20)
Owner of emotions (Session 25)
The subconscious is also the buffer zone between the inner and outer egos. (Session 35)
Cushions the outer Ego against the shock of reality. (Session 35)
The subconscious is the source of our personal identity (Session 126) and is our memory
storehouse composed of many layers (Session 88). The topmost layer is the "personal"
subconscious that contains pertinent information from this lifetime. Then would be memories of
the time before this lifetime, then of the life before this one, etc...

Inner Ego

The portion of our selves still focused on inner reality
"The inner ego is the part of the personality that contains the highest aspirations and
capabilities. It has been called by psychologists the subliminal self. When in such dreams your
perceptions seem exceedingly clear, you can be certain that the inner ego is operating. Now all
portions of the personality, of the present personality, belong to this inner ego." - Session 270
"It is the prime identity of the whole present personality. In many cases it is the I of your
dreams. It is definitely the I of your creative activity. It is the I, you see, which survives physical
existence, and the physical, physically-oriented ego is only a part of it." - Session 270
"Now the inner ego is the organizer of experience that Jung would call unconscious. The inner
ego is another term for what we call the inner self. As the outer ego manipulates within the
environment and physical reality, so the inner ego or self organizes and manipulates within an inner
reality. The inner ego creates the physical reality with which the outer ego then deals." - Session 509

Inner Self (Same as the Inner Ego)

The Psyche (Same as the Inner Ego)

Whole Self

Sum of reincarnational personalities. Ruburt is the name of Jane's whole self as Joseph is the
name of Rob's whole self.
"The fact is that the whole self is constantly experiencing data from all of the inner senses. The
inner ego is of course aware of this. The subconscious is sometimes aware of this, and the outer
ego is aware of very little." - Session 35
"Therefore the whole self is not only the sum of the personality as you know it in your time, it is
also the sum of what it has been and what it shall be." - Session 177
"Ruburt is the sum of the present ... Ruburt ... I want to get this as clear as possible ... Ruburt is
the sum of the earthly personalities, intimately aware of all past lives." - Session 444
"In your terms the selves that are the sum of your reincarnational personalities. These whole
selves then are a part of your entity." - Session 507

Entity

This is the highest form of identity that Seth speaks of next to "All That Is".
In NPR Seth says that a group of selves forms a soul. And the entity, or greater self, is then composed of souls
(Session 637).
Old 18-03-2018, 01:00 AM
Master

This is a great, short (25 pages), summary of Seth material tenets:

http://www.gestaltreality.com/downlo...20Material.pdf
Old 18-03-2018, 02:16 AM
Experiencer

who is saying the stuff about Seth in the download?

on page 22 of that download:

3. When your thoughts do touch upon your particular problem in that present moment, imagine
the best possible solution to the dilemma. Do not wonder how or why or when the ideal solution
will come, but see it in your mind's eye as accomplished. Or if you are not particularly good at
visual imagery, then try to get the feeling of thanksgiving and joy that you would feel if the problem
was solved to your complete satisfasfaction

I put in bold the phrase that seems to speak to the video by Braden.
Old 18-03-2018, 02:36 AM
Experiencer

Thanks for the material on Seth. I do, however, have lots of Seth sources that I'm reading, so I don't need more .

To repeat and hopefully clarify what I was talking about in an earlier post:

In The Nature of Personal Reality, Seth distinguishes between the ego and the conscious , but I don't understand the difference.

On page 14 he actually states "[t]he ego and the conscious mind are not the same thing."

In that same chapter he tells us that the ego is "the eye through which the conscious mind perceives" (14). (I thought that was brilliant!) He writes that the ego is "that expert part of your personality that deals directly with the contents of your conscious mind, and is concerned most directly with the material portions of your existence" (14).

But later on the same page, he tells us that we have problems if our conscious mind becomes inflexible or if our conscious mind doesn't take responsibility for its own affairs but rather lets the ego take care of them. In such cases, he says, the ego might even blind the conscious mind in some areas! (He actually says, "blocks awareness") What I don't get is the difference between the conscious mind and the ego there. I guess I'd like to know because I'd like to keep from blinding myself.

I said at one point that it doesn't matter, but I guess it does. Seth is so dense, however, that it's impossible for me to get everything.
Old 18-03-2018, 03:09 AM
Experiencer

Thank you for all your posts to date. I appreciate having a sounding board. But don't feel you have to try to answer my questions if you get tired of them.
Old 18-03-2018, 03:14 AM
Master

I believe that the conscious is the physical you, same as the outer ego.

From the above glossary, the ego is the part of the subconscious self that deals exclusively with physical reality.

Then they go inward in order: personality, subconscious, inner ego (same as inner self, or psyche), whole self, entity.

Regarding the materialization, I maintain my belief that imagining the goal accomplished is not part of expressing the wish, and has the purpose of giving more intensity to the wish, to give more stability to the created thought form, whenever a thought form is created.

Both wording your wish, and imagining it accomplished happen in your conscious. To affect your reality, materialize, they have to reach your inner self through your subconscious (to which you don't have access in your beta state). In order to accomplish that you need to open a communication path from your conscious to your subconscious, then pass the wish. This path opens in a trance state (alpha). Once opened you don't need to repeat the wish. Also, if the path isn't open, no matter how many time you repeat the wish, how you formulate it, if you visualize or not, you won't pass the wish to your subconscious. Also, emotions come from subconscious toward conscious, not the other way around.

Bottomline: it matters what works for you.
Old 18-03-2018, 04:00 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee47
Thank you for all your posts to date. I appreciate having a sounding board. But don't feel you have to try to answer my questions if you get tired of them.
I just edited my last post. I don't feel like I have to answer your questions, or I have to convince you (or anybody). I just replied, sharing my thoughts, because the subject is of interest to me, and when you discuss, and hear others' opinions, you have a chance to learn new things, and to clarify your own ideas, sometimes. :)
Old 18-03-2018, 02:28 PM
Experiencer

you wrote "and when you discuss, and hear others' opinions, you have a chance to learn new things, and to clarify your own ideas, sometimes. :)"

absolutely! That's exactly how I feel! So thank you for the discussion. It has been helpful to both of us, I think.

By the way, I had meant to tell you how cool the post that has the various terms (ego, subconscious, etc.) in it is. I'm thrilled that there are all those references to actual Seth sessions.
Old 19-03-2018, 06:31 PM
Experiencer

I think the "conscious" that Seth refers to in chapter 1 of The Nature of Personality is actually the "personality," as described above. I would have never gotten that without your glossary. Many thanks.
Old 25-03-2018, 09:20 PM
Master

Good afternoon Dee47. I am happy to read you are delving into Seth! What a life altering, glorious journey! I do have a fun suggestion, if you haven't finished reading him yet. I would be very interested if it works for you the way it worked for me. An experiment.

The first time I picked up Seth Speaks, I was on vacation and before I left, my daughters told me they could channel, and asked me if I would like them to channel for me. I said Yes! I was so excited. I didn't know much about it, but I had been listening to Abraham, so I thought that was awesome. I got to ask Abraham questions. When I went on vacation and found Seth on a shelf I picked him up, put him down (I had an armful already) and walked away. Half way down the aisle, a thought occurred to me. My daughter might like that book, I would buy it for her as a vacation souvenior. Ha. I was reading him before I got out of the parking lot :)

Anyway, I had about two weeks before my channeling session. While I was reading Seth, when I got home, it occurred to me that I had better have some questions ready for the Universe. Then I got a bit scared/challenged by that thought. What do you ask the UNIVERSE - in Big Captital Letters. I had no clue. I had no questions.

So I got out a notebook and thought and thought and finally wrote one down I thought was quite good. And then another came, and another, and during the next week I had at least 10 questions I thought were pretty ok to ask.

By the time I got to my channeling session, I had thought up about 20 questions, but it wasn't the girls who answered them first. As I was reading along in the Seth Material, Seth began to answer my questions. At one point, he leaned forward and specifically answered a question. At first I was like - oh, what a coincidence. Then the next one was answered and I thought, oh, that was interesting. By the third, I had to laugh. It was getting fun.

So, an experiment for you, since you are reading him.

I'm curious to see if it works for anyone. I would imagine it would. Talk about an interactive book! Your first question about the ego vs conscious. Expand on that - that's a good first question.

I must admit though, there were some things I found creepy. This wasn't one of them, but the guy with the split personalities - what was creepy for me. So, I took what I wanted and left the rest...