Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 01-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Ascender

Parallel Universes - what does that mean for the Afterlife??

watched a fascinating Horizon programme on BBC4 last night; What Is Reality??

It was really good and I FINALLY understood the double slit experiment(at least partially) after reading about it in probably 30 odd books by now

There was a really clever guy on, Max Tegmark who is pretty confident that there are parallel universes with alternative versions of all of us literally all around us, literally trillions x trillions x trillions. He says that the mathematics support this strongly.

If this is the case then who are 'we'?? Which one is the real us? And why are we experiencing the 'I' that we are?

But biggest of all, what does this mean for the survival hypothesis?? If we die then pass into the afterlife, then what about the other versions of us? Do they go to their own separarate afterlife/astral place??

Anyone got a view on this??
Old 05-02-2016, 10:04 AM
Experiencer
Mathematics may support so many things. I suppose it's a matter of what you want to believe.

I have come to understand that there are different spheres in the afterlife, separated from each other like land from water and air from land.
There are main spheres and thousands of subspheres. Maybe these are what Tegmark calls parallel universes.

In the case of who are we and who is the real I:
I would say we are all busy developing ourselves, learning and in our conscious moving from unconscious thinking and feeling towards conscious thinking and feeling.
The real I is what you experience here at his moment but you are constantly developing.

If there are countless versions of ourselves that each go their own way when we die it would be a pretty crowded place on the other side.
But then again, we are part of an expanding universe. So who am I to say that it could not be possible?

Referring to the survival hypothesis: I believe the soul is eternal. What dies at the end of your life is the physical organism. The spiritual organism moves on.
Old 16-09-2016, 12:00 PM
Guide

I think every parallel universe has its own heaven. It's like they exist in different frequency so we cannot travel there until we are compatible with this frequency.
Old 27-10-2016, 09:19 AM
Suspended
Knower

Death, is a series of changes through which an individual passes.

The souls are immortal and imperishable. Each Life experience on earth and each incarnation of soul offers the jiva an opportunity to learn and overcome its inconsistencies.

The soul therefore needs to be born again and again till it overcomes its state of dillusion and realizes its completeness.
Old 28-10-2016, 08:17 PM
Master

Guess I'll just have to wait till I get there to know the truth.
Old 28-10-2016, 08:27 PM
Burntfruit

I don't agree with the parallel universe theory.
Old 29-10-2016, 02:00 AM
Super Moderator
I would like to watch that. Unfortunately I can't. I have no TV therefore no TV licence, and the rules have changed since Sept 1st in UK anyway. Meaning catch-up BBC can't be watched without login details and a licence.

Never mind.
It's a bit too much for my tiny brain to be honest! Although I appreciate the concept for what I can make of it.

I often do wonder about parallel realities. Sometimes I return here from a dream-scape in which I have no knowledge of my own reality and the things I hold dear....meanwhile in that dream scape I was quite fine. though disconnected, as if on a different track entirely!
But it is poignant. That may just be some aberration of conscious awareness, or limited conscious awareness while existing here. And nothing to worry about in comparison to our Souls and Spirits.

Intuitively, I sense that it will be fine. When we pass things will be made more clear to us, and the reality we enter will not be so complicated to understand. But that is my own intuition based on what I have learned from loved ones passed over, who appear to remain connected, in awareness.
Old 29-10-2016, 03:31 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I would like to watch that. Unfortunately I can't. I have no TV therefore no TV licence, and the rules have changed since Sept 1st in UK anyway. Meaning catch-up BBC can't be watched without login details and a licence..

Wow, that's crazy. Thats a strange law if I have heard one; a TV license

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
Every loving, happy/joyous,peacefull and pure happenings in the alt-universes but adds to the ultimate, the rest does not exist.
After life would then be life without the body, because it is only the body that seems to disappear.

True. We got a similar conversation going on the forum that doesn't have to much about parallel universes going here

Although, I do have to say, if your open to the idea of holographic universes, than maybe explaining the after life could offer a theory that one could resonate with. At the end of the day, that is pretty much all we have going for us to understand these types of subjects( theories) other than our own individual personal truth of course.

With parallel universes, I like the idea that there is a version of me out there in harmony or union with people I am not in contact with in this reality. The theories are fascinating if you get into them
Old 29-10-2016, 08:08 AM
Deactivated Account
For me, there is only one reality, which is wholly unchangeable and wholly loving. Its the '* ultimate' reality that exists
(* ill call it here)

All so called 'other' Realities are but individual realities, which all stems from the ultimate reality.

while the individual realities can be mixed up, they are but copies from the 'Ultimate': Alteration of the ultimate.

Every loving, happy/joyous,peacefull and pure happenings in the alt-universes but adds to the ultimate, the rest does not exist.

Your True reality is only this Ultimate.

After life would then be life without the body, because it is only the body that seems to disappear.
Old 29-10-2016, 04:57 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
If this is the case then who are 'we'?? Which one is the real us? And why are we experiencing the 'I' that we are?

There's two ways of looking at it - they're all you, and they constitute a kind of hydra with infinite heads. Backwards, they all came into being at some point or another, and forwards, they all go die off after a time.
Alternatively, you're the only you, and they're all somebody else.

It gets amusing depending on how you choose to interpret the idea of infinity - do you assume that, out of infinite attempts, at least one of you has to be rendered immortal by some outlandish circumstance? Or are there an infinite number of universes where you cease to be? I don't see anything wrong with either interpretation, besides this being speculative to the point of science fiction.

An alternative to the presumption of many-states implied by quantum mechanics is that something is annihilating all of those possibilities, and that the universe, on a macroscopic scale, is pruned by this process into a single messy result. That pruning may well be related to, or a form of, the observer effect.