Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Closed Thread

Old 30-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Master
I pick up other people's negative emotions. It's quite draining at times. I've tried to discourage the feelings because I don't like the negativity. I think I've been pretty good at blocking a lot of it out.

It's not that I don't appreciate the gift, it's just that some people literally suck the life out of you, and leave you a weak kneed mess. I don't need that in my life right now.

ETA: Chadley, you make a certain amount of sense in your comments. I think at the time I experienced the negativity so bad over the phone with my SIL, that I had to hang up on her, I was going through some rough spots in my life too.

It seems odd that we don't pick up joy as much as pain, although I did once pick up strong emotions at a wedding I went to.
It left me gasping for air too.

Last edited by jojobean : 30-01-2007 at 08:50 PM.
Old 31-01-2007, 12:31 AM
Lapis

Smile Physician Heal Thyself!

Chadley,

So ..... what's your point?

I hear what your saying and surprise I even get it! If you're familiar with natal astrology, my next sentence will answer many things. I have Chiron conjunct my Sun. I've spent much of this incarnation living this archetype so as to personally learn this whole concept. An Immortal mortally wounded. Is there something 'wrong' or being done 'incorrectly' by myself because of this? Am I experiencing physical pains when I don't have to? Heck no, this has been just another highly focused learning in this particular incarnation for me. There's much more to explain all this (astrologically) but I'm not going to share my natal chart here.

I bring all this up because, even though I understand and agree with what you said about feeling pain and healing etc., I have learned that for some people.......I repeat, for some people there's a lot more going on at higher levels in connection with their 'pain and healing or lack of healing'. At higher soul levels (or whatever the correct term is) some people have choosen to dive headlong into physical (or mental or emotional or psychic) pain for extended periods for reasons that are not so easily and quickly solved using this black/white type of mentality. We're far, far, more complex than that and you know it.

In the end what your saying is THE answer to solving "pain" and "healing" may be totally correct but I still feel that this is an individual issue that reaches far beyond the one level you're speaking of. Personally I don't like the thought of "healers" - outside of myself I mean - because I can perceive from a higher (seer or psychic) level that we have "pain" or "sickness" or disabilities etc. for very important reasons at different points in our on-going spiritual growth and learnings. (Like karmic, unresolved past life issues or trauma, long avoided 'stuff' whatever the form may have been, and then there's the whole 'Lightworker' business which is hitting upon an entirely different level of this process.) And because of this the last thing I'd personally want or do is to ask another person (the so-called healer) to "fix/heal me". Personally I don't believe that any "healer" can fix or heal anyone permanently! I do know that they can temporarily move certain energies around and unblock some blocked junk etc. but like you yourself said - "...but until the issue that your pain is pointing to is resolved it will always come back."

I couldn't agree with you more!

And because I'm an old Goat I'm doing this on my own because I don't think there's any other way really. Sure we have unseen help and guidance and such but in the end, the whole reason why we struggled so hard to incarnate into this place, this physically/emotionally/ painful world, was to personally taste of it all no matter how painful. Why? Because nothing hurts like being physical and nothings more fun/transforming than figuring out how to heal thyself because of it all!

You're right in that there's "no victims" only us aspects of the All That Is playing around in all that It's created for the very reasons of feeling pain and love and hate and all the rest of it here. So for some of us, our souls want us to live and learn a bit longer than most about 'pain' and how to transform it for numerous higher levels reasons. I don't belive that so-called "evil" or "negativity" is evil or negative any more than I believe "pain" in all its many forms is "something wrong" or something that must be immediately "fixed" because it's painful or uncomfortable or makes others uncomfortable. I believe its all a great source of personal learning and the very thrustblocks to figure out how to truly heal ourselves.

Sorry to everyone else for going WAY far off the subject of being an empath, but Chadley and I needed to get this one out even if we don't subscribe to some of each others personal beliefs.

Hey, my back's killin' me cause I've been hunched over typing for so long now!
Old 31-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Guide

An Immortal mortally wounded. Is there something 'wrong' or being done 'incorrectly' by myself because of this?
No. Just remember not to separate the two. Your physical mortal body, just like everyone on the planet, is wounded as the result of original wounds (broad definition of “wounds” used here) that lie within the immortal. Your mortal flesh is the physical manifestation of your spirit. As I said before, pain does not make you wrong. Embrace it and it’s purpose.

Am I experiencing physical pains when I don't have to? Heck no, this has been just another highly focused learning in this particular incarnation for me.

for some people there's a lot more going on at higher levels in connection with their 'pain and healing or lack of healing'. At higher soul levels (or whatever the correct term is) some people have choosen to dive headlong into physical (or mental or emotional or psychic) pain for extended periods for reasons that are not so easily and quickly solved using this black/white type of mentality. We're far, far, more complex than that and you know it.

It is true that as a multi-dimensional being, which every single person is, we are very complex systems of energy. I have often spoken of the reality that the human energy field in itself is far more than just a blob of colors. Looked at closely enough and we can see ever single aspect of your individuality/personality. Every thought and emotion you have ever had in all of your lifetimes exists within it and can even be seen, touched and accessed. However, the greatest complexity exists down here in the physical. As you break the seals/raise your consciousness/ascend, each dimension simplifies until you reach the unified state which is soul/god where even love and truth are fibers of the same cloth. At higher levels, the similarities of the goals of all souls increases as you go directly proportional to the simplified state of consciousness or dimension at which the soul is operating out of. At the highest levels, there is no more going on for you than that of me or the career criminal. It is when we get down to the astral and physical planes where the individual is most clearly defined by an infinite number of variables, characteristics, abilities and circumstances. Your chosen circumstance including your given empathic ability is just another equal circumstance among all circumstances in the physical. I will not disagree that being born with these abilities would not likely be manifested for anything but an advanced soul. However, this is only one of a plethora of life paths chosen by the most advanced souls. It is important, very important, to understand that spiritual advancement is not determined by psychic or empathic ability nor is it determined necessarily by healing ability or any of the other metaphysical arts. It is not psychic skill that should be sought, but rather the truth about self that can be learned from it. And, at first glance, it may seem that an empath, for example, may have an advantage towards spiritual progress doesn’t it? Not so fast, because this ability often lends itself to seeking answers in the external. As hard as it may seem to empathicly experience the pain of the person with cancer, it is even more challenging to look at the discord within oneself. Being a direct witness to the psychic industry, with the added benefit of my higher sensory perception, I had a front row seat to witness the common outward focus many, not all, who fall into this trap. And this is not the only trap that the ego has planned for you is it? One other biggie is the illusion that you are “special” or “different”. Think about it, which source is more likely to define a soul as different or special, the unified god consciousness or the ego, master of separation perception? I will let you decide.

Personally I don't like the thought of "healers" - outside of myself I mean - because I can perceive from a higher (seer or psychic) level that we have "pain" or "sickness" or disabilities etc. for very important reasons at different points in our on-going spiritual growth and learnings. (Like karmic, unresolved past life issues or trauma, long avoided 'stuff' whatever the form may have been, and then there's the whole 'Lightworker' business which is hitting upon an entirely different level of this process.) And because of this the last thing I'd personally want or do is to ask another person (the so-called healer) to "fix/heal me". Personally I don't believe that any "healer" can fix or heal anyone permanently!

In the end, the journey must be completed by oneself, it is true with all healing and advancement. The healer is just the facilitator. I have found that the law of attraction is also integrated within this process as well with those who come to me. In other words, no one will seek me out or find me without already attracting our meeting. And I can help no one who does not do the dirty work in releasing the attachment by the act of their own surrender. Often, on the flip side, I attract the people who seek me out because the issue they come to seek help about shares similarities to my own that I may not be aware of, facilitating the mirror for me. Thus, my previously unseen issues are exposed during the session and I heal myself as well as the client (maybe not at the same time). In fact, this can even be said for this very conversation. It is no accident that our interaction has played out the way it has. Whether we are consciously aware or not, we have attracted it so that we both can learn from the experience. You say your guide has left you years ago, but I would tell you that even that guide had a guide and so on. Guides follow the same as above so below policy as well. Each facilitate the learning for those willing to absorb it. Each is capable of expressing the knowledge that the recipient is just then ready to receive. Guides do not only exist on the upper planes, they are on earth as well and you are one of them, we all are. If you don’t want one yourself, then you will simply not have one, as you say above. The humility needed to allow a guide to help only helps you see that the guide has brought you closer to the understanding that you and the guide are one and therefore it was you that was helping you all along. (I bet dreamer will just love that last sentence lol!)

Now, I just called you a guide  I’m going to call you another name, as well. Lapis, not only are you a guide, you are a healer! Ever given someone a hug? Said something nice? Given a child medicine with the hopes that they recover? If so, you were sending healing energy to this person. As I said above, the truth itself is of the same cloth as love. It is substantive and integrated within healing energy. When you give someone warm and caring advice, you are sending them positive healing energy.

In this way, a guide and a healer are the same thing.

Chadley.
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi

Last edited by chadley : 31-01-2007 at 04:18 PM.
Old 31-01-2007, 10:44 PM
Lapis

Chadley,

Until you can read and understand what I have been saying, please don't put words in my mouth and far more importantly, really distort (misunderstand) what I meant! If I wasn't clear enough that's my fault and I'm very sorry for it. But, from reading what you are saying to me in particular, you are simply not understanding what I've been saying and that's OK with me. I've been deliberately trying to sprinkle some lightness and humor in this conversation with you to try and prevent this but in (the old Flame Throwers Club tradition) you seem to be unable to do the same. You've got your point to prove and that's about it. Believe me.....you've done it.

I have no desire to get into a back n' forth belief system intellectual sparing match with you over this or anything else. I respect and love you enough to give you the room to be who you are today. I learn from you Chadley no matter what we say or don't say to each other. I only hope this can eventually become mutual.
Old 31-01-2007, 11:11 PM
Guide

Isn't it a bit uncharitable to not at least tell me what I do not understand? It is my desire to understand your point of view, Lapis. Or...would you be more comfortable being misunderstood?

Chadley.
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi
Old 31-01-2007, 11:33 PM
Deactivated Account
i wonder if i am or not, i do tend to pick up others feelings and emotions but then i think perhaps i'm just sensitive
Old 01-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Lapis

Chadley you go ahead and believe whatever you want and need to about me, my personal beliefs, my personal abilities like being an empath and a 'sensitive'. You've repeatedly stated what you really think and feel about people with these abilities. I've explained the why's of my actions with you already. Don't get smart *** with me (like someone else we both know) just because I don't immediately fall into and totally except all of your belief systems and blindly denounce my own! It amazes me how stupid you seem to think I am.

No I'm NOT "comfortable being misunderstood" as you suggested. Maybe you're very inflexable to even some of what I've shared? Noooooo that could never be huh?

See this is why I've dodged having any serious conversation with you since I arrived here at SF. It's your beliefs or its a battle and I just don't work that way. This tactic is not conducive to making me want to open up any more with you.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:17 AM
tiltjlp

Staff pulled this tread because it was getting a bit heated and tense. It's being returned to the open forum, hopefully in the correct section, or close enough. Please be civil and courteous with your comments. If things get out of hand again, the thread will be closed permanently.

John

Last edited by tiltjlp : 01-02-2007 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Guide

My true intentions

First let me say that it has never been my intention to insult those who consider themselves to be empaths, psychics or sensatives...etc. If so, I would be insulting myself. When I engaged Lapis in this discussion, I broke one of my own rules which is to stick to the topic and not to the person. This thread has reminded me why I adhere to such a guideline. I made this exception because I felt that her viewpoints represented many people with a similar belief system and I wanted to expose the aspect of it that belief system which is causing people unnecessary hardship. Do you see? I just want to help people. I know that challenging a belief system can cause great resistance, and I am fine with that, I expect it. But in the end, how can you blame me for simply stating the truth as I know it. Can anything I have said in this thread be disputed? If so, I would prefer to know. It has been suggested that I do not understand, but after reading through the posts my replies, to me, seem to directly address what has been said.

I humbly ask all the empaths who read this, how have I wronged you? What is it that I have said on the subject that has been inacurate? If you answer, I promise to be gracious and non confrontational in my reply.

Sincerely,

Chadley.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:56 PM
kundalini

Hi Chadley,

I understand completely what you have been saying and I consider myself to be an empath. I think with this situation regarding Lapis, it is merely 'crossed wires', so to speak...a breakdown in communication.

Kundalini.
Closed Thread