Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-09-2019, 08:27 AM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 7,625
 
Stigmata.

Fact or fiction?

Does anyone know any Stigmatics who are not or were not Christian.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-09-2019, 04:05 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: I live in a house.
Posts: 2,322
  BigJohn's Avatar
Possibly, if somebody is on blood thinners: Impossible to obtain all 5 marks on blood thinners.

In my opinion, this is one for conflict thesis.
__________________
..
.

He dipped the pen into the ink and then faltered for just a second. A tremor had gone through his bowels. To mark the paper was the decisive act. In small clumsy letters he wrote: ........... April 4th, 1984.
.................................................. .................................................. ............
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 13-09-2019, 02:30 PM
jojo50 jojo50 is offline
Guide
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 581
  jojo50's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Fact or fiction? Does anyone know any Stigmatics who are not or were not Christian.

if there are some out there who has those marks. they might want to pray to Jehovah God and get very close to him and his Son Jesus. because that's a trick of the devil, who's trying to mislead a person. peace
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 13-09-2019, 03:17 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 7,625
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
if there are some out there who has those marks. they might want to pray to Jehovah God and get very close to him and his Son Jesus. because that's a trick of the devil, who's trying to mislead a person. peace



Stigmata has nothing to do with a devil
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 28-09-2019, 02:05 PM
Found Goat Found Goat is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 97
 
In my twenties, I knew an acquaintance who was enrolled in a Christian college. (He dressed at the time in gothic garb and soon afterwards got involved in Wicca.) As a collegian, he loved reading about this topic and was quite fond of St. Francis of Assisi (c. 1220), a well-known stigmatic who was said to exude radiance. It was at that time I was introduced to this phenomenal area of study. I began delving into this topic myself and was fascinated with the account of Padre Pio Forgione, another one of these “holey” men, from the 20th century.

From what I understand, stigmaticism is an anomaly that occurs primarily within Catholicism; is a rare occurrence (something like only a few hundred recorded cases within the last millennium); with the experiencer being a highly devout, meditative sort, divinely blessed and pure in heart.

If stigmata occurs outside of Catholicism, it is probably even rarer still and are likely not authentic cases. Fakery may be involved in the way of self-inflicted wounds or blasphemous tattoos. Is the person regarded by others as virtuous, even saintly? If not, psychosis or fraud may be at work. Whatever the case, stigmatism ought to be almost extinct by now as the world becomes less pious and more mechanistic.

What I’ve always found a curious feature of this phenomenon is that the nail and spear wounds that materialize, said to replicate the Crucifixion marks, always tend to appear in the palms of these stigmatics, when numerous Bible scholars have questioned whether Christ was impaled rather through his overlapping wrists, instead. Some Bible readers think the Apostle Paul is referring to stigmata at Galatians 6:17, whereas others interpret this verse to be in reference to persecution scars.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 28-09-2019, 03:37 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 7,625
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Found Goat
In my twenties, I knew an acquaintance who was enrolled in a Christian college. (He dressed at the time in gothic garb and soon afterwards got involved in Wicca.) As a collegian, he loved reading about this topic and was quite fond of St. Francis of Assisi (c. 1220), a well-known stigmatic who was said to exude radiance. It was at that time I was introduced to this phenomenal area of study. I began delving into this topic myself and was fascinated with the account of Padre Pio Forgione, another one of these “holey” men, from the 20th century.

From what I understand, stigmaticism is an anomaly that occurs primarily within Catholicism; is a rare occurrence (something like only a few hundred recorded cases within the last millennium); with the experiencer being a highly devout, meditative sort, divinely blessed and pure in heart.

If stigmata occurs outside of Catholicism, it is probably even rarer still and are likely not authentic cases. Fakery may be involved in the way of self-inflicted wounds or blasphemous tattoos. Is the person regarded by others as virtuous, even saintly? If not, psychosis or fraud may be at work. Whatever the case, stigmatism ought to be almost extinct by now as the world becomes less pious and more mechanistic.

What I’ve always found a curious feature of this phenomenon is that the nail and spear wounds that materialize, said to replicate the Crucifixion marks, always tend to appear in the palms of these stigmatics, when numerous Bible scholars have questioned whether Christ was impaled rather through his overlapping wrists, instead. Some Bible readers think the Apostle Paul is referring to stigmata at Galatians 6:17, whereas others interpret this verse to be in reference to persecution scars.


I personally think it is caused by ' Religious Hysteria '. The power of the mind is something we haven't tapped into.

I cannot find any Stigmatics outside of Christianity, which is strange, or maybe not. Stigmatics would bring money into the Church Coffers. Padre Pio was found to be a fake when Documents came to light in the Vatican Archives, these were covered up obviously, his Followers would have paid for his favours. How many more are fake, who knows and I'm sure there will be some genuine. Therese Neumann is an interesting case.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 29-09-2019, 03:17 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 14,715
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Stigmata has nothing to do with a devil
Thank you.
Padre Pio and Theresa Neuman had nothing to do with the devil...both extremely holy people,
leading holy lives.
Suffering was a big part of each of their belief systems, btw.
(It isn't part of mine so I will not be entertaining any stigmata!)
__________________
.,

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.
Better to PM me if you want me to see a post to me. I miss a lot.







Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums