Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 04-03-2019, 08:05 PM
Master
Much will depend on where you look. If I look at development across the world I can present a picture that shows more and more people are living in a better condition than 20, 50 or 100 years ago. If I check today's medicine and communication tools available I can see it's better than decades ago. There is much opportunity for people today. Throughout much of history you could die from a simple infection. Not fun.

But this (Development) all comes at a cost of course. If I look at the environment or the decline of plant and animal life I can only shiver and can easily picture a very awful situation unfolding over the coming decades. And there is not even a 'dark' sense of relief in that either, since humankind will not learn from that, and will still be able to adapt to a world with drastically limited resources and a polluted world. People can survive in the cold and in the deserts, and we'll start to overpopulate Greenland, Antarctica, Canada, and Siberia. Then there will be too many people and too much pollution over there, and then what? On and on this goes... Agent Smith was spot on... LOL.

Politicians and businesses won't learn to limit economic growth, ever, because ''we must compete with other countries!'' The drive for economic growth and continued competition (i.e. 'separation') will come at the cost of most life forms, but with our superior intellect we'll still find ways to prolong our own ignorance. It's a perfect horror script if you ask me..! Burn everyone else but get punished yourself at the last moment...
Old 05-03-2019, 03:04 PM
Newbie ;)

I have thought and have removed the message

It really surprises.
Old 28-05-2019, 01:30 AM
Knower
The world is exactly as it should be. No more, no less. We simply cannot protect or save everyone from every ill that might befall them, because nothing will ever please everyone. Our world is too complex, our needs and wants too different, for us to ever find an easy, peaceful, sustainable solution for whatever may plague you. Every choice has a cost and a benefit, every action an equal and opposite reaction. Plagues come and go, civilizations rise and fall, the tide ebbs and flows, we're born and we die. Your trash is my treasure, my meat is your poison. You lament the state of the world, while I watch the changing tide with bittersweet bemusement.

"The universe is random. Not inevitable. It's simple chaos." -- Walter White

"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -- Albus Dumbledore