Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 31-03-2020, 02:40 AM
ant

Yang,a long time smoker tries to quit smoking.

Despite persistent efforts,Yang relapses,cause with abstinence,they feel like there missing a long lost friend.

This long lost friend aka Yin.

So Yang tries a herbal substitute that doesn't contain nicotine.

Yang fools Yin into thinking that they are smoking nicotine.

Over a period of time,Yin loses the intensity of reigning supreme and is brought out into the open.

End result,the end of oneness-to duality.

In unison and now batting for the same team.: )
Old 31-03-2020, 09:47 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elabr8Aspie
In unison and now batting for the same team.: )
In binary thinking it's 'this' or 'that' - Spiritual OR non-Spiritual, Identity OR phantom self, Spiritual OR ...... anything else. One-dimensional.
In Isness the Identity IS, the phantom self IS and they are in a relationship.

The pre-Taoist alchemists called it Triplex Unity - 'this', 'that' AND 'both' - Spiritual AND non-Spiritual, Identity AND phantom self. The two TOGETHER giving rise to a third and four dimensions.

In Paradoxical Thinking there is 'this', there is 'that', there is 'both' and there is 'none of them' because it's the mind of the phantom self that created binary thinking/Duality, Triplex Unity and Paradoxical Thinking. There are non-Spiritual reasons for thinking in terms of 'this'/'not this' or Spirituality/anything else.

All one team.
Old 31-03-2020, 10:10 PM
ant

Thanks for that Greenslade.

Most definitely resonate with pre-Taoist alchemists.

Especially as well,seeing my dark side has been brought out into the open.

Hence,now tamed into submission,rather than being the driver of self destruction.

Others speak of oneness,the annihilation of maya aka ego aka false self aka phantom self etc etc.

Has anyone on this forum experienced this?

Like i take everything i read with a grain of salt and go by direct experiencing myself.

I don't understand nor fathom,how one can be oneness when there living a human experience.

Am i missing something?

I know i have some more final purging to do on myself,so maybe oneness may become a reality?

At this stage,i dunno.

Anywho,on reading your reply,i walked outside to gaze the sunrise and to ponder,then looking to the sky above my house was two dimly lit stars,side by side and one brighter star in front.

A validation of sorts,trinity.

Number 3,has presented itself in various ways,since my mother passed in 2012.

Another validation.

Regards to oneness,the jury is out until i direct experience.

IF it exists living in a human experience.
Old 01-04-2020, 06:11 AM
ant

Has anyone had a part of themselves torn from them?

You know,for the sake of this thread,the identity and the phantom self.

I'm torn in two minds atm,resisting and hanging on.

I feel it being ripped from my left side.

I've resorted to hitting the bottle tonight,cause i can't handle it.

Just to add,i haven't told many people this,let alone my family,but at the age of 17,i felt a click in my mind,on my left side,it was rather prominent and instantly didn't feel like myself anymore.

Like i didn't feel what i thought i knew i was,you know,the personality you built in your teens.

So not sure what that was about nor if there's a correlation.

Back to this,not sure what's going on,like some stuff has gone out the window,but there's the other 70% part that's resisting and hanging on for dear life.

Probably not making sense.

Apologies in advance if so,as well as being at times not being myself on the forum and at times senseless,insensitive,abrupt and rude and anything else i've missed.

Torn.

I'll try again tomorrow and try to ride it out.
Old 01-04-2020, 06:41 AM
ant

Ps.With the work i've been doing on myself in last 6mnths,i've had momentary glimpses of seeing without the false narrative in retrospect.

Today,i've had the veil lifted for a while and those false narratives,were insignificant when they came into play.

It's like a dark cloud,it knows it's going,but milking the cows for all it's worth.

I'll update tomorrow.
Old 01-04-2020, 06:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Ps.With the work i've been doing on myself in last 6mnths,i've had momentary glimpses of seeing without the false narrative in retrospect.

Today,i've had the veil lifted for a while and those false narratives,were insignificant when they came into play.

It's like a dark cloud,it knows it's going,but milking the cows for all it's worth.

I'll update tomorrow.

The identity you say you knew is a construction by your mind to protect you from rejection. Remember the details of that identity, hang onto it, and use it to deflect rejection when necessary. Its merely a tool for you to use.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:30 AM
ant

Thanks,i appreciate your input.: )

I'm more inclined to think a tool and thus a protector,the way i see it.

Hand in hand,but just not being the sole driver.

Though,i see it that is as having purpose.

Something,just something in the arsenal,as backup.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:03 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Thanks for that Greenslade.

Most definitely resonate with pre-Taoist alchemists.

Especially as well,seeing my dark side has been brought out into the open.

Hence,now tamed into submission,rather than being the driver of self destruction.

Others speak of oneness,the annihilation of maya aka ego aka false self aka phantom self etc etc.

Has anyone on this forum experienced this?

Like i take everything i read with a grain of salt and go by direct experiencing myself.

I don't understand nor fathom,how one can be oneness when there living a human experience.

Am i missing something?

I know i have some more final purging to do on myself,so maybe oneness may become a reality?

At this stage,i dunno.

Anywho,on reading your reply,i walked outside to gaze the sunrise and to ponder,then looking to the sky above my house was two dimly lit stars,side by side and one brighter star in front.

A validation of sorts,trinity.

Number 3,has presented itself in various ways,since my mother passed in 2012.

Another validation.

Regards to oneness,the jury is out until i direct experience.

IF it exists living in a human experience.
You're very welcome. It's simple maths, one plus one equals three.

Everybody has a dark side, even those that are too Spiritual to admit it and I think sometimes that doesn't help, sometimes it's about denial and that isn't good for you. Often all the dark side needs is acknowledging.

The real ego-death is not for the faint of heart. Some have said on this forum that they have 'killed' their egos but that in itself is ego. Ego death is usually (but not exclusively) triggered by severe emotional trauma, and what happens is the ego and its 'contents' collapses into the self. What that leaves is a barely-functional person as the ego is 'rebooted'. The ego that's talked about on these forums is not the ego at all, it's the objectification of their own judgements and prejudices. In that case ego-death simply means 'regular' ego on steroids - which is where the term 'Spiritual ego' comes from.

Yes I have experienced it and it's not nice.

Oneness is conditional that what is part of the Oneness has the right label.

Be careful of what you're actually purging because sometimes what you're purging is your own perceptions and sometimes purging is really a form of denial. All that does is create conflict. If you 'dismantle' the frameworks that created what needed purging and replace them with something more constructive, everything changes for you. It doesn't stop the 'bad stuff' from happening but your experiences of it are very different. Often 'purging' means that there are parts of ourselves that we don't really like.
Quote:
Just to add,i haven't told many people this,let alone my family,but at the age of 17,i felt a click in my mind,on my left side,it was rather prominent and instantly didn't feel like myself anymore.

Like i didn't feel what i thought i knew i was,you know,the personality you built in your teens.
I don't know your background so I'm going to make a few stabs in the dark here. I'm guessing that you've been through so much that you can't deal with it any more, and you're struggling to cope with aspects of yourself that you can't deal with any more. Often this happens not because the person is 'broken' but because they can't deal with the emotional response to traumas. If this is the case then I'd suggest you seek therapy from a professional source, I've seen the mess that can happen when people have looked to this forum.
Quote:
Sounds like you went through a 'mild' ego-death/reboot.

Quote:

I'm more inclined to think a tool and thus a protector,the way i see it.
Hand in hand,but just not being the sole driver.
Though,i see it that is as having purpose.
Something,just something in the arsenal,as backup.
I have a fractured personality due to childhood trauma and most of my Life it has felt as thought there are two of me 'in here'. While it can be a pain sometimes it gives me a very unique perspective on Life, because I can see it as much from the 'human perspective as I can from the 'Spiritual' perspective. So yes indeed, hand in hand.

To keep it very simple, the personality is that the Higher Self 'uses' to navigate this reality in order to have an individual experience, and therefore a relationship with itself and the world around it. This is where Triplex Unity comes in because it helps to gain a far wider understanding of what's going on. This 'false identity/ego is the result of your response to the outside world that has been co-creating a framework since childhood. Where most would deny the false identity/ego it's possible to use that false identity/ego as a perspective from which to relate to your external world. It's really how you experience this reality and that choice is yours.

It's in the overlap between 'spiritual you' and 'human you' that the understandings come, and a very different Spirituality is emergent.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:06 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
The identity you say you knew is a construction by your mind to protect you from rejection. Remember the details of that identity, hang onto it, and use it to deflect rejection when necessary. Its merely a tool for you to use.
If you rally want an understanding, ask yourself the reasons you believe this identity - ego as you call it - is a construction to protect you from rejection. Nobody likes rejection, and some can handle it better than others.
Old 01-04-2020, 11:35 PM
ant

Hi Greenslade,

Excellent reply,so thankyou.

I do relate to this ie:'I have a fractured personality due to childhood trauma and most of my Life it has felt as though there are two of me 'in here'.'

And agree re:'Often all the dark side needs is acknowledging.'

And regards emotional trauma,your on the money,as i basically switched myself off when my father died when i was 12.

So in that regard and on the emotional side of things,i have been purging and releasing pent up emotions.

Particularly fear,which had me living in a state of avoidance.

I've basically removed quite a bit,as well as recollecting where it stems from,so i don't think i require therapy from a professional source.

I've also realized this morning why i've been on some hamster wheel with my last two addictions.

They being smoking and drinking,relapsing back and forth,resistance etc.

Though with relapsing back and forth,that dark side is out in the open with less intensity.

I did some visualizing this morning and discovered my root cause,was my root chakra.

Which in turn had me effectively living on dark autopilot,without the visual connection.

And in turn why i was on some hamster wheel and in some back and forth mode of self defeating.

So final purging will involve the release of my last two addictions.

The dark side identifies with these last two attachments and has nothing else to hang onto.

Hence from relapsing back and forth,it has lost it's grip.

Though it will be acknowledge and taking a back seat.

Anyhow,thanks again for your reply Greenslade,very much on the same page.

Cheers