Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 04-12-2010, 03:06 AM
Experiencer
Question dead crow/raven

Hi there,
Sorry for the sad/gross mental image, but I was crossing the street to get to my apartment earlier, and there was a dead crow or raven (I think... and I have a hard time differentiating both) in the middle of the street, that had been smooshed by cars

I don't know that the crow or raven is one of my animal guides, but I worry that this is a bad omen of some sort? Was there a meaning to that, or was it just coincidence?

It seems so odd to me that a crow or raven would have gone in the middle of a busy road to begin with, or not moved when a car was to come by. They usually stay on the side of the road and are pretty intelligent...

Any insight would be very appreciated!

My life is a bit rocky too lately, stress from university, but especially been heart broken again by a guy who I keep trusting but who keeps deceiving. That has been the issue on my mind lately, or the fact i'm hoping to soon finally find the right guy who will treat me with the love and respect i deserve to have.

THank you :)
Old 04-12-2010, 04:56 PM
eraser

Hi kindheart. I think the fact you noticed the raven/crow and thought along the lines you did (surprised because they're alert, intelligent etc.) is revealing.

The crow allowed his awareness to slip and the result was costly for him. If there is a message for you to take from this, it may be that you risk an unhealthy situation if you aren't aware.

Which leads us to the relationship you mentioned. Anyone who deceives repeatedly in a relationship is obviously not someone to trust -- especially with something as valuable as your heart.

Cut the ties to this loser. Focus on doing well at school. Good things will come of it.

Be wiser than the crow. :)
Old 04-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Deactivated Account

hi kindheart and eraser,

Interesting question and reply. I have wondered also what the meanings were when seeing a dead totem animal... wondering if the meanings were different from messages they bring to us when we see them alive.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

ps eraser ~ any thoughts about seeing a dead deer on the side of the road ? I know it happens this time of year, more frequently than usual... maybe just a happening, not necessarily connected to a message. Just curious on your thoughts about this ? thanks

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 04-12-2010, 07:29 PM
eraser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
hi kindheart and eraser,

Interesting question and reply. I have wondered also what the meanings were when seeing a dead totem animal... wondering if the meanings were different from messages they bring to us when we see them alive.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

ps eraser ~ any thoughts about seeing a dead deer on the side of the road ? I know it happens this time of year, more frequently than usual... maybe just a happening, not necessarily connected to a message. Just curious on your thoughts about this ? thanks

I think if one were to come across a dead animal that was a totem of theirs, there would be at least a momentary sadness (until realizing only its shell remained and its spirit was elsewhere). But I don't know that it would necessarily be of lesser or greater import than seeing a live one in happier circumstances. Any noteworthy appearance of an animal leads me to ponder its particular attributes and how it might relate to my present circumstances.

Whenever I come across a dead animal, if at all possible, I'll cover it with earth or leaves or tuck its body under a log. If it was a large animal, like a deer and the kill was fresh, I'd call the police. I know in many rural areas, deer and moose carcasses are taken to local hunters and/or butchers who volunteer to prepare the meat and then deliver it to a local organization to distribute to those in need. Local police would know who to contact.

Please keep in mind that I'm no guru on these matters. I'm just a student of animal nature (including the human animal) who likes to observe and theorize. :)
Old 04-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Deactivated Account

Thank you for your thoughts eraser, I wasn't asking because I thought you were a guru, lol !

thanks for clarifying that anyways.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 04-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Rumar

Your spirit guide wouldn't have been smooshed, if they are guides, they wouldn't be so easily killed, you just got a bit emotional due to the fact that the poor bird was unfortunate enough to get crushed.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Master
kindheart - My totem animal is a raven as well. My raven appeared to me dead in my backyard in a torpedo like nose dive into the ground with it's beak buried below the grass. I of course was horrified like you. But in your case it's typical for ravens to accidentally get hit by cars because they are scavenger birds that like to prey upon dead animal carcass/roadkill that is found along side roads. Often they don't move fast enough to get out of the way of oncoming cars unfortunately. I wouldn't look at this incident as an omen. But because the raven is your totem animal it does make you more alert to the passage through death to possible reincarnation (?) The end of one phase of life for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Blackraven
Old 04-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Experiencer
Thanks so much eraser! What you said makes a lot of sense :)
Blackraven, I meant to say the crow isn't one of my totem animals... not that I know of... or maybe is it? lol... and it was right in the middle of the street, in front of my place, not on the side of the highway, which is why I thought it was unusual, for a crow. I saw it when I walked across the street to get home..
Thanks guys :)
Old 04-12-2010, 11:04 PM
Master
kindheart - Just an afterthought. Don't know about West Nile disease in Canada, but in the United States it particularly attacks crows (and bluejays). It might possibly be something like that that took the crow's life. But discerning to find it dead in front of your house nonetheless.

Blackraven
Old 04-12-2010, 10:16 PM
eraser

I'm glad, kindheart. And you're welcome. :)