Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 11-01-2017, 03:39 PM
Master
Talking oops sorry, meant to find a smaller picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
4th day on my organic kosher coffee and no pain. I buy it from Dean's Beans online.

Am glad that's working out well for you. Sounds good. I'd try it myself it I weren't so lazy and have got myself a comfortable little routine with my fair trade organic instant coffee (Mount Hagen).

Old 11-01-2017, 07:33 PM
Master

Hi Silver, thanks for stopping in. Good to see you.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:34 PM
Master

While at Sam's the other day (warehouse grocery store) I happened upon huge 2 lb bags of dried red chile pods (peppers). And they were only $8 a bag. So I got a few bags since I know they are usually more expensive than that.

Today I made my first batch of homemade Authentic Red Enchilada Sauce. Fairly easy to prepare.

8 10 dried large chile pods or 20 small ones
5 cloves garlic, sliced
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
Juice of one lime
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp soy sauce
1 1/4 c water

Cut stems off peppers and remove all seeds. Soak pods covered in water for an hour or until soft. Rinse well. Water will be bitter. Place pods and rest of ingredients in a saucepan. Cover and simmer on low 1-2 hours or until cooked completely. Remove pan from the heat and cool. Put ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

I didn't get sick today. I can't believe I didn't get sick today!
Old 17-01-2017, 01:30 PM
Master

Today is day five feeling good. Apparently, my learning curve is at an end regarding corn. 2 years on that learning curve.

The final culprits are, as I have mentioned before, American cheeses, American jams and jellies, American coffees and lunch meats. And I'm talking about organic products not run of the mill stuff.
Old 17-01-2017, 06:54 PM
Suspended
Guide

Oh my, you're doing good!
This is only my second day of no pain ...
I tried stir fry tomatoes w/out seeds, it didn't cause any upset, however, cooking them for a long period of time like marina sauce just brings me to my knees ...
I get a lot my food from Sprouts, sometimes, I can only bring myself to peek at the price ...
I'm working on a new fencing plan for the garden, I'm certain the chubacabras will do all they can to get to it --- they're incorrigible ...
BTW, jams& jellies also do not agree w/crohn's ...

Keep up the good work!
Old 17-01-2017, 11:01 PM
Master

Thanks for visiting Really!

Odd you can stir fry tomatoes but not cook them for a long time.

2 days of no pain is good. I know you are diabetic. Crohn's disease too?

I do Sprouts, Whole Foods and Natural Grocers when we go to Colorado Springs. Since we live 45 miles away in a small town we go about once a month and stock up our 3 freezers. Yes, the foods are very expensive. But what cha goin' ta do?

Yes, Chihuahuas are notorious escape artists, lol.

What, in the jams and jellies, doesn't agree with you, if I might ask.
Old 20-01-2017, 12:31 AM
Suspended
Guide

Marina & other tomato sauces tend to get bitter when cooked for long periods of time ...
Yup, diabetes, crohn's & fibromyalgia ...
All 3 are subject to diet ...
There are no across the board preventative measures for flare ups ...
It's like your corn allergy being trial & error w/finding tolerable foods ...
Meat is the only one suggested that high numbers of people have not had issues with ...
Vegetables, fruits, oils, nuts, seeds, grains are problematic always or at any given time ...
I'm starving, so I'm not having issues w/either diabetes or fibromyalgia ...

I sure hope Trump has some kind of retroactive health care in place before he gets rid of Obamacare ...
Otherwise, gotta get tough w/the budget ...
There might be some chubacabras eating dog food from the dollar store as well as not receiving cookies, new clothing or grooming --- living like hobos!
Old 21-01-2017, 05:14 PM
Master

OMG Really! 3? That's insane. So when you get symptoms you have to wade through all the illnesses, where and what the pain was, exactly and figure it all out. Poor girl. I have trouble wrapping my head around it. Three!

The fibers in the foods that you can't tolerate would cause a problem, I would think.

I have to say I was fortunate though. I've only had problems with foods starting in 2013. So all my crying and boo hooing is pure theatrics.

I watched the inauguration yesterday. Yeah, my insurance costs $800 a month. Yes, I said month.
Old 21-01-2017, 07:14 PM
Suspended
Guide

Yes, I was just as shocked as you ...
I asked each of my doctors how I could have 3, they all gave the same answer; genetics ...
Actually, it shouldn't have been such a big surprise since my 6 older siblings have them also ...
I thought I was going to be the special one!

I'm back to chicken broth & crackers for the last couple of days ...
I again tried a couple spoonfuls of beans & 2 bites of tortilla night before last, I immediately began vomiting ...

Trump signed the executive order yesterday on Obamacare ...
There's no plan yet, so now we wait to find out what's going to happen w/our insurance ...
Last year I received an insurance packet from my husband's former employer; Bob worked for a major multinational telecommunications company based in the US .....
Our benefits ran out 6 1/2yrs ago, however, Obamacare helped change their policies allowing me to again purchase insurance w/my existing medical issues as well as include my 21 & 22yrs olds for $225/monthly ...
It was a lifesaver especially for my kids ...

Let'st keep our fingers,legs, arms & eyes crossed that all will be okay ...
Old 22-01-2017, 12:38 AM
Master

$225 a month. We haven't seen those rates in years. I have only major medical with a deductible of around $6,000 here in Colorado. But I'm thinking maybe rates in Colorado are one of the highest in the nation.

I'm so sorry you are back to chicken broth and crackers. That's horrible. As hard and rocky as my learning experience has been you have it much, much worse.

Have you tried a food journal? That helped me a lot in figuring out some of the foods that triggered me. Not all, but it helped iron out some issues. I included all medications (back then I could tolerate some meds) and foods, and drinks I consumed. I kept it for a month.

Also have you tried the elimination diet? I have one friend who has food allergy kids and all the gastrointestinal doctor told her to do was give them an adult dose of Miralax each day. We are talking kids 4 and 6 years old. I was outraged! I gave her a Kefir start and suggested she try the elimination diet to figure out what foods her kids reacted to.

Can you handle yogurt? Kefir is similar but better for your gut. They even sell a lactose free kefir for those who can't handle the lactose. They sell it on Amazon. You might look into it for it's benefits. We aren't supposed to promote items for sale but I can make suggestions for you and you can research it.

Here's what Wiki says about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kefir

There will be a lot of changes with the new Administration. Some good, some bad. Right now I'm walking on eggshells.