Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 29-10-2010, 03:48 AM
Master
Smile My affirmation for myself in regards to my anxiety

I had a great session with my counselor.
This is what we discussed.
My mother's anxiety and maybe I took that on as a child as transference which makes sense.
How to cope with anxiety, breathing, telling anxiety to go away, and the "does the evidence support what you are thinking right now?" Ie if I'm scared of going to work because I'm scared someone will need ie CPR and i'm the only nurse on the unit I may think I can't handle it, but in the past the evidence has shown I've done CPR by myself in home health so yes I can handle it.
Why I wanted approval from my family and never got it and can't let that go, he said that hisortorically approval was always given to the younger people in the family and he said that's why people join gangs, because they need a family, they get approval and respect etc.

So this is what I want to manifest for myself

To be able to control my anxiety so it doesn't run my life. IE if I wake up in the morning nervous (which is every morning) I will know how to manage it without medication
To let go of what I want from my family and to give myself self approval.
that's it for now :)
Thanks for listening
Spiritlite.
Old 29-10-2010, 03:55 AM
Guide
I hope all goes well and your anxiety goes away
I don't know much about affirmations although
I'm going to try one soon.
Old 29-10-2010, 04:34 AM
Master
Thankyou Lovely.
Try an affirmation here and read it everyday and add to it if you wish, I bet it will help bring you peace of mind and a sense of control and who knows it may come into being :)
I hope mine does anyways LOL
Spiritlite.
Old 29-10-2010, 04:38 AM
rus11

Hi All. Spiritlite, I feel your pain, since a bad head injury last year I developed anxiety too which has been a hinderance in social and work situations for sure.

I opted to see a naturopath and take supplements over medication and it has helped a lot. Although it is still there and comes up at times such as thinking about a meeting tomorrow or at the meeting itself.

As for affirmations, once I notice myself worrying I state "my mind is peaceful and quiet" or "i am breathing calmly and relaxed".

Another thing I remind myself is how your thoughts are energy, so, if we can change our thoughts we can help manifest different outcomes.
Old 29-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Gerryh

I am in life,well and happy with my world and feel fantastic and grateful for this new day that brings me........
Old 29-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Experiencer
NLP can help with that more effectively I think than affirmations (read any Richard Bandler book about NLP).
Affirmations for it would be:
"I feel peaceful and powerful. I plug into the power within me. I create my own security. I can peacefully handle anything I face. I relax and enjoy life. I see challenges as opportunities. "
The better way to say affirmations not just from "I" position, but also from (s)he and you. You can even put your name in to be more effective.
Old 29-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Master
Thankyou everyone this is great.
Spiritlite.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:25 PM
sweetdisposition

Hi Spiritlite,

I suffered with severe anxiety and depression during my teenage years, mostly during the ages 15 - 19. I feel affirmations were the only thing that finally helped me in the end - I kept telling myself I was a good person, that I deserved happiness, that I was a happy person and to always look on the positive side to everything. I put all of my enthusiasm and all my worth into my affirmations and, slowly but surely, they came true. Soon enough I was happy again, and my life was back on track. Just sharing this with you as I do believe that if you continue with your affirmations, you WILL begin to feel better.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:59 PM
rus11

That is awesome SweetD. I agree because mine have been helping me as well. Patience and belief is key.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Master
Thankyou actually since I wrote those affirmations I do feel less anxiosu and my husband is noticing a change in that I'm not as worried about things.
Thankyou
Spiritlite.