Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Yachak

i see my dead cats

Hello.My cats: Cleo & Dokus the Fatso died this year after 15 wonderful years with us. Sometimes in the corner of my eye I see Cleo walking down the stairs looking like she was much younger. When my Father came over he saw her as well,looking at her.
Are we seing their Ghosts or Psychic Impressions? what is the diff.??

thank you,

mjlB
Old 03-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Scibat

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachak
Hello.My cats: Cleo & Dokus the Fatso died this year after 15 wonderful years with us. Sometimes in the corner of my eye I see Cleo walking down the stairs looking like she was much younger. When my Father came over he saw her as well,looking at her.

thank you,

mjlB

No idea, but either way consider yourself fortunate. I have a couple of older cats, I am expecting to probably lose to age in the next few years, and I hope I still see them in some form creeping around after they're gone. (Ironically this has been on my mind a lot of late. I love my cats.)
Old 03-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Master

Super!

I've had my cats visit me in my dreams sometimes and it feels so real.

My mother lost a cat a few years ago. It used to sleep on its own pillow next to hers on the bed. One night she felt the cat jump up and go to the pillow...but the cat was dead! There are lot of similar stories like that on the web.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:20 PM
MYFIGO

That is such a neat experience. I have several times felt the presence of a cat jump on my bed although I do not have one.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:27 AM
serenadracis

Hi Yachak,

How cool your kitties still hang around. Animals definitely come back to say hi and be around us. I've experienced such things myself many times.

Actual ghost or psychic impression? Hard to say. Ask yourself: When I see them, are Cleo and Dokus in favorite places? Positions? Doing their routine activities? Such might indicate you're seeing a strong emotional residual. If, however, they seem to be acting independently or reacting to current situations then you may be seeing their spirit.

Bright Blessings,
Serena Dracis
Old 04-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Hez0405

Is it just me or does dead seem like such a harsh word for animal that is so beautiful :P
Old 05-06-2011, 01:24 AM
Master
I was meditating one day, and i seen passed family members in my meditation and as usual I doubted it, but to my astonishment a beautiful silver tabby that i had about 20 years ago was winding himself around their legs......I hadn't thought of that cat for many many years but I loved him very much........to see him in my vision confirmed that what I was seeing was real.......He was my confirmation that they were with me and so was my cat even thought he wasnt in my thoughts.
Old 13-06-2011, 01:32 AM
Coming2

Our animals do sometimes stick around after they pass on. I have read about many hauntings where cats where seen time and time again or people have felt them brush against there legs. One instance I can think of was a cult that worshiped cats. They believed, like many psychics do, that cats have a psychic gift and can work beyond the vale. That is why cats where so sacred in the old times. This group were victims of a terrible fire where several cats died. The people who bought the house 30 years later say that there are many different cat spirits at the home. Be grateful they loved you so much that they chose to stick around. You must have loved them alot and your home must have been very comfortable and safe for them.
Old 13-06-2011, 01:35 AM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachak

thank you,

mjlB

Cats have a soul. Maybe not as advanced as ours but human spirits can "visit" us and they aren't ghosts. I feel that animals don't become ghosts because they don't have "human baggage" of ego and emotions that would cause them to stay, be trapped or work on unfinished business. Heck a cat's unfinished business is finishing his food! :)

They are simply visiting you from the Other Side. Letting you know that "heaven" is right here, just in another dimension!
Old 13-06-2011, 03:32 AM
Experiencer
What you are seeing is not the cats soul.....it's something I, for lack of having ever been told another term, is what I call a Construct. In fact most ghosts that folks see....and those who have had NDE's and immediately saw their dearly departed....are almost always seeing the Construct. We don't encounter the souls of our Guides, Group or dearly departed until we have passed through the whole "death" process upon the astral plane and emerged into what I call the White Hall. Constructs are something that all humans and animals have.... they are an energetic replica... Consider the Law of Manifestation. Wherever energy of thought and emotion is placed....given a certain period of time, there will be a manifestation. Consider humans who have had a whole mess of lifetimes...consider all the energy that over that time had gone towards that person, all the emotions and thoughts that have defined them.... these can not help but manifest...and what is manifested is upon the astral plane and it is a construct. Your love of your cats, your thoughts and emotions about them...coupled with desire..... resonates at a certain frequency that through the Law of Magnetism draws the Constructs. This is almost always what folks see when they think they are seeing their dearly departed....