Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 30-08-2018, 05:45 PM
Newbie ;)

Is my bad luck caused by my encounter with a spirit?

Is it possible to be cursed with bad luck after upsetting a spirit? Let me give some context.

A few weeks back, my cousins and I decided to go poking around in an old abandoned house down the street this remote cottage our family owns. Back in the 80s a woman was reportedly murdered there, and the building has been abandoned ever since. We went inside, explored a bit, and didn’t really notice anything out of the ordinary. As we were leaving, I found an old wall phone in the backyard, and thought it would make a good souvenir. So I untangled it from the weeds and dragged it home with us, leaving it out on our back porch. As we were walking home I do remember this bad feeling coming over me, telling me it was a bad idea to be taking from that house. But by the point I was too far in. I didn’t want to walk all the way back there to return the phone, so I kept on going.

Fast forward a couple days. Our vacation went on without incident, and I was back at home. My boyfriend and I were celebrating our one-year anniversary, and decided to go get a nice dinner. I had some fish tacos, a favorite meal of mine that I order all the time, and after dinner we walked around down town for a bit. Two hours later, we’re driving home and suddenly I have to pull over on the side of the road so I can puke my guts out. Food poisoning. But hey, bad luck happens. I didn’t think too much of it.
Then, the very next day, I went to meet someone at a coffee shop in town. I parked in the same area I always do, a spot I choose because I never have change for the meter and I know they don’t bother checking them there. When I get back to my car thirty minutes later, I’m greeted with a forty-dollar parking ticket—the first ticket I’ve ever gotten in my life.

A few more days pass, and I figure it must just be a bad week for me. On Friday, I find myself back at the same remote cottage at which this story began. This time, the whole family had come down for a little reunion. We don’t go back to the abandoned house, but I do go for a hike a little further up the road. It’s a hike I’ve done a thousand times, because I grew up coming to this place, and not a particularly dangerous one. As I’m walking along at the start of the hike, I lose my balance out of no where and land flat on my face against a rock. I swear to god, it was almost as though someone pushed me. To make a long story short, I spent the next 12 hours waiting at the ER to be told that I had fractured and dislocated my jaw, and that I would need to have my mouth wired shut for six weeks so it could heal. In case you’re wondering, this means I can’t physically open my mouth, and have to have all my food blended so I can drink it through a straw.

And the best part? All this happened two weeks before I was set to start my freshmen year of college. So I’ve had the pleasure of spending my first three weeks in college talking with a lisp and drinking soup through a straw at every meal.

So I figured surely this broken jaw must be the final piece of my bad luck. Nope.

As a part of our orientation week, the freshmen were split into groups and sent to spend some time doing community service. My group went to a local camp and helped them clear some of their hiking trails. Two days later, I started getting a poison ivy rash on my feet. But it was no big deal. I’m very outdoorsy and I get into poison ivy pretty often. Usually, it itches a bit and then it goes away. But this time, I had a more severe reaction. The rash started spreading up my ankles and my feet and toes swelled up like balloons. Despite my cleaning it regularly and keeping it bandaged up, a portion of the rash started to get infected because I’d scratched the skin raw.

And there’s more! In addition to that there was some kind of mixup when I enrolled at the college, and I got logged in their system as staff. You’d think this was good luck, except that it means I can’t use the library printers, I can’t log on to the student WiFi (or the staff WiFi for some reason?), and my mail gets lost and ends up at this random off-campus office.

So that’s my rant about the miserable luck I’ve had over the last month. Probably a bit more detailed than necessary, so props to you if you’re still reading. My question is, is it possible that all this bad luck could have paranormal origins? Could it be caused by the spirit in that house I visited, and if so, is there some way I can make amends?
Old 30-08-2018, 07:15 PM
Knower

You could try returning the wall phone.
Old 30-08-2018, 08:55 PM
Newbie ;)

Fair enough. Unfortunately the house I would need to return it to is about five hours away from where I am currently. But I suppose that may be what needs to get done...
Old 01-09-2018, 12:26 AM
Master

I feel these are random events . Yeah some times they do happen all at once.