Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 14-06-2011, 02:10 AM
Explorer

Higher self & Guide?

Years ago I had a nightmare. I had learned to stop nightmares with triggers. The trigger in this nightmare was being cornered by a 'monster' = No escape! I realised I was dreaming and decided to wake myself up.

As I was waking (I think), I was slowly passing through complete darkness and I heard voices. One was my own, the other was a guide of mine.
I was obviously interested in what that was all about, so I tried to stay and eavesdrop.

I 'knew' that was me. But in a way that my child self would recognise my present self. We were the same, but on a 'different level'. My 'Higher Self'.
I Knew that was my guide, because his voice is unmistakable. It's as the voice of God is described - booming with life like thunder - but harmoniously loving.

I was sure they knew I was there, but they paid no attention to me at all. I was completely ignored. My luck was in!
I listened as my guide seemed to explain things to my higher self. My higher self would sometimes react with "Oh! So THAT'S why .... and ... !", very excitedly as if revelations were given.
I also was awestruck at what was being discussed. Pictures would flash as the words were spoken and I was learning things that I didn't know could be learned. It was THAT alien to my waking self, but also so very relevant too.
It was obvious that my higher self was very much reliant on my guide for all he was explaining and also very indebted to him too. I admit that my waking self was envious of their friendship even though I have it on a different level. lol

I felt my body waking. As it did, I was frantically trying to keep those memories in my mind! My first thought was "Oh God! They are slipping away!!!". I panicked trying to find pen&paper to write them down but there wasn't any around.
I begged myself to retain the words but felt them pass from me like water through a sieve.

All I can remember is what I've written, but one image remained. It was of a field of corn. For the life of me, I don't know why, but it was highly important. It's not as I see it now! It's something much more!

Has anybody else had a similar experience?
Was this just a wacky lucid dream? Or possibly not?
Does a field of corn have any significance to anybody spiritually?

Btw in my only experience of trance I was running through a field of corn as a Native American boy while my guide took over the body part.
What is it about that field?
* SORRY! I MEANT TO POST THIS IN THE DREAMS SECTION*