Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 02-02-2018, 09:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
It is because i believe in god that i know there is no absolute truth.
I know God/source does not have absolute truth. If god had absolute truth he would not have created us. He would not be experiencing himself through us.

If god had the absolute truth he would be perfect and if he was perfect he would be dead. and if god was dead i wouldn't be here now to offer my view.

If something is perfect it has no room for growth and is dead.
Do you think god is dead?

Thank you for that clarification.

Right now I don't see how that is possible as consciousness exists. There is something. It has always existed. There shouldn't be anything logically at all but there is. I do think things were put into motion and only aware replication and information exists. Life is pretty much automatic.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Thank you for that clarification.

Right now I don't see how that is possible as consciousness exists. There is something. It has always existed. There shouldn't be anything logically at all but there is. I do think things were put into motion and only aware replication and information exists. Life is pretty much automatic.

what do you think would happen if God decided he didn't like that?
Old 03-02-2018, 01:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
what do you think would happen if God decided he didn't like that?

Tuff one as I think we are as a being (soul) both here and elsewhere. If you're asking about here there is likely a reason for being here. So probably nothing, not liking something would be a little too petty since the reason is what it's about imo.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
Does absolute truth exist? Or is all truth relative? Please provide evidence or logic to support your view.

Note that if you answer that there is no absolute truth, you will be quickly and efficiently refuted. Just a heads up!

Absolute Truth in my eyes is only a pointer . What you are is all there is, is realized . Is that an absolute Truth or is that just a pointer in reflection of that there is only what you are that is .

Where does the reference or the association had that refers to the absolute Truth if not of the mind in reflection of self .

Is the mindful self of the realization of what you are .. I would say no, so we have a dilemma where something from one side of the fence points to the other side .

The other side of the fence has no pointers for the other side .

So the absolute truth only exists where you can identify with it .

x daz x
Old 04-02-2018, 04:34 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
Does absolute truth exist? Or is all truth relative? Please provide evidence or logic to support your view.

Note that if you answer that there is no absolute truth, you will be quickly and efficiently refuted. Just a heads up!

Evidence - Logic CANNOT and NEVER WILL be able to support Absolute Truth ~

Absolute TRUTH is EXPERIENCED and thus Known ~
Old 04-02-2018, 06:48 PM
Knower
If you could somehow throw away all your thoughts, throw away all the filters that you look through in your mind, you'd be able to experience absolute truth.

At the end of the day though, you cannot escape the absolute truth. It just is.

What is, is.

Feel the is-ness. Taste the absolute truth. It's all around you. It's where you're looking from and it's what you're looking at. Make no effort at all and you'll get a good taste of it.

You can practice this non-effort with a certain intensity, and it just becomes you. It's magical, but it's so simple.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:23 PM
Master

Truth seems to be about context, but I do think there are universal truths. Like maybe love. All religions have something about it. As far as 'reality' goes, that's been turned upside down by quantum physics, but I think the great Hindu and Buddhist thinkers worked out a long time ago that the only thing we can really be sure about is our consciousness. Plus if you get in touch with the body in meditation you sense the feeling of peace and calmness. That's probably universal and tied in to the love thing.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:19 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Truth seems to be about context, but I do think there are universal truths. Like maybe love. All religions have something about it. As far as 'reality' goes, that's been turned upside down by quantum physics, but I think the great Hindu and Buddhist thinkers worked out a long time ago that the only thing we can really be sure about is our consciousness. Plus if you get in touch with the body in meditation you sense the feeling of peace and calmness. That's probably universal and tied in to the love thing.

Reality has not been turned upside down with quantum physics...quantum physics just deals with things outside the space/time manifestation...the regular space/time world is still as real as it has always been.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawnrr
Reality has not been turned upside down with quantum physics...quantum physics just deals with things outside the space/time manifestation...the regular space/time world is still as real as it has always been.
Outside?

https://www.livescience.com/20753-qu...logy-life.html

The religious devotion to classical physics is hard to let go of, but eventually people get old and die, then the new thinkers can start being taken seriously.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:54 PM
Master
So many arbitrary responses on this thread, I'm just going to make one post to cover them all.

Here is the refutation:

You: "All truth is relative. There are no absolutes."

Me: "Are you absolutely sure about that?"

If you answer yes, then you've just refuted yourself. You do believe in absolutes. If you answer no, then you admit that you could be wrong, and you are wrong, because the idea that there are absolutely no absolutes is self-refuting philosophical suicide.

I too once believed there were no absolutes. I was too blinded by stubbornness and attachment to my belief to see how illogical the concept was. Now I share my insight with you. Take it or leave it.