Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 24-12-2017, 02:15 AM
Experiencer

the lie about your innocence, worth, and enlightenment

This is easy to grasp intellectually, that's not the problem. The issue is whether or not you AGREE with it, BELIEVE it. I'll just say that I didn't come up with this stuff on my own. It comes almost entirely from 'channeled' material such as A Course in Miracles.

The lie about your innocence is that you're innocent (guilty of nothing) because you have done good things, because you haven't done certain bad things, or because you've accepted Jesus as your savior. Notions such as these are an absolute denial of the very nature of your innocence. You were CREATED innocent. Total innocence is part of your 'divine nature', therefore you CAN'T be guilty. EVERYONE is innocent.

The lie about your worth (I'm using the ideas of 'worth' and 'worthiness' interchangeably) is directly related to the lie about your innocence. It's that you're worthy because you meet a CONDITION - because you're intelligent, beautiful, loving, etc. As with innocence, you were created entirely worthy. God is worthy, you ARE God (in the form of you), therefore you are worthy. That's WHY you're worthy. Until the game of trying to become worthy, and of judging others because they don't meet the conditions of worthiness, ends, you will not fully know your worth.

The lie about enlightenment is simple - that you have to BECOME one with God, innocent, worthy, holy, and perfect. This is a denial of the truth about enlightenment, which is the realization that you ALREADY ARE one with God, innocent, worthy, holy, and perfect.
Old 24-12-2017, 02:47 AM
Master
A Butterfly doesn't need to become Itself. It only has to stop dreaming Itself as a caterpillar to wake up and remember what It is. :)

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 24-12-2017, 05:32 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
A Butterfly doesn't need to become Itself. It only has to stop dreaming Itself as a caterpillar to wake up and remember what It is. :)

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Thanks for sharing the analogy.
Old 24-12-2017, 06:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
That's exactly what I'm saying.

Thanks for sharing the analogy.

My pleasure!

Old 25-12-2017, 03:20 PM
boshy b. good

It's not a beat up with a stick. It's actually a better end resulted.
Old 25-12-2017, 04:08 PM
Newbie ;)
Pathfinder

enlightenment proofs it self you see all that astral light as in paradise all around you no theories needed its a huge visual spectacle among things
the barrier between other realities and this incarnated one is no longer there you could say
Old 25-12-2017, 07:36 PM
Master

Quote:
This is easy to grasp intellectually, that's not the problem. The issue is whether or not you AGREE with it, BELIEVE it. I'll just say that I didn't come up with this stuff on my own. It comes almost entirely from 'channeled' material such as A Course in Miracles.

The lie about your innocence is that you're innocent (guilty of nothing) because you have done good things, because you haven't done certain bad things, or because you've accepted Jesus as your savior. Notions such as these are an absolute denial of the very nature of your innocence. You were CREATED innocent. Total innocence is part of your 'divine nature', therefore you CAN'T be guilty. EVERYONE is innocent.

The lie about your worth (I'm using the ideas of 'worth' and 'worthiness' interchangeably) is directly related to the lie about your innocence. It's that you're worthy because you meet a CONDITION - because you're intelligent, beautiful, loving, etc. As with innocence, you were created entirely worthy. God is worthy, you ARE God (in the form of you), therefore you are worthy. That's WHY you're worthy. Until the game of trying to become worthy, and of judging others because they don't meet the conditions of worthiness, ends, you will not fully know your worth.

The lie about enlightenment is simple - that you have to BECOME one with God, innocent, worthy, holy, and perfect. This is a denial of the truth about enlightenment, which is the realization that you ALREADY ARE one with God, innocent, worthy, holy, and perfect.
So ... what's the truth about why we are here, in your opinion? It seems to me that you rationalize something beyond your capability, or at least accepted what others rationalized. I disagree on all the three points you stated, both intuitively and intellectually. But, that's part of the beauty of being human, to look at the same data and draw different conclusions.
Old 25-12-2017, 07:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by freejoe
enlightenment proofs it self you see all that astral light as in paradise all around you no theories needed its a huge visual spectacle among things
the barrier between other realities and this incarnated one is no longer there you could say

Yes, the awakening of your own inner Awareness goes beyond what the conceptual mind can imagine or theorize. Scholars can ruminate on the ideas until the end of time and still they would be unable to grasp it, and yet it is already there within our Being waiting to be explored and remembered. :)

Old 27-12-2017, 05:51 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
So ... what's the truth about why we are here, in your opinion? It seems to me that you rationalize something beyond your capability, or at least accepted what others rationalized. I disagree on all the three points you stated, both intuitively and intellectually. But, that's part of the beauty of being human, to look at the same data and draw different conclusions.

I think we're here to learn, grow, heal, love, and to enjoy life. Also, everyone has a unique purpose to fulfill, and ideally one fulfills that purpose lovingly and with integrity.

Earth provides a context in which to experience these things that the non-physical realm does not. In other words, there are many things that can only be experienced on Earth. For that reason, this planet is very important.

I think you get out what you put in. We should live wholeheartedly, fully, and with love. I've only partially succeeded in doing that, and I've found that the strength and humility it would require to fully succeed are beyond the spiritual capacity I've known throughout my life.
Old 27-12-2017, 06:02 AM
Master

Quote:
I think we're here to learn, grow, heal, love, and to enjoy life. Also, everyone has a unique purpose to fulfill, and ideally one fulfills that purpose lovingly and with integrity.

Earth provides a context in which to experience these things that the non-physical realm does not. In other words, there are many things that can only be experienced on Earth. For that reason, this planet is very important.

I think you get out what you put in. We should live wholeheartedly, fully, and with love. I've only partially succeeded in doing that, and I've found that the strength and humility it would require to fully succeed are beyond the spiritual capacity I've known throughout my life.
Thanks. Nicely said!