Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 06-10-2017, 04:54 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
You came pretty close, but it's more like some higher power playing favoritism with people by blessing one and completely ignoring the other. But what I was trying to say, it makes no sense for some people to be lonely who crave to have someone important in life while abusive husbands/wives and cheaters who act like spoiled brats have no trouble getting into relationships. But sadly that's reality from my perspective, so I say yes to the OP's question. Some people are indeed meant to be alone.

I've found that those people are more outgoing and actively seeking because they want to be accepted, and they know the energy to seek out to get what they want. The abusers know to look for certain types and what to say, the "spoiled brats" as well, it's like they can seek out the energy of the loving healers who have open energies...energy vampires, if you will.

I have to say, over this past year especially, I now don't believe there are any invisible entities pulling the strings of fate in favor of their puppets. It's all about energy exchanges in regards to relationships, IMO :) Your explanation makes me think that you don't want to be alone, but your energies are pushing people away possibly. Tell me if I'm wrong, please!
Old 06-10-2017, 05:16 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurmel
I have to say, over this past year especially, I now don't believe there are any invisible entities pulling the strings of fate in favor of their puppets. It's all about energy exchanges in regards to relationships, IMO :) Your explanation makes me think that you don't want to be alone, but your energies are pushing people away possibly. Tell me if I'm wrong, please!

Well I don't see how my energy pushes people away, as I try to be as social and outgoing possible without any ill intent towards anyone. So to me it feels more like the problem comes from above instead of from me, as I have no hell of a clue what I am supposedly doing wrong. Frankly said, that's why I don't really believe in this energy thing you speak of.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:09 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Well I don't see how my energy pushes people away, as I try to be as social and outgoing possible without any ill intent towards anyone. So to me it feels more like the problem comes from above instead of from me, as I have no hell of a clue what I am supposedly doing wrong. Frankly said, that's why I don't really believe in this energy thing you speak of.

We don't know each other so I was just trying to get a feeling of you as a person. It's just what I do, I have to know the why's and the workings...often annoys people, apologies! There are some situations in which a controlling force seems to be the only thing that makes sense, I just hold onto the belief that one day our current life will make sense...until then, nothing to do but live and try to enjoy :)
Old 07-10-2017, 03:57 PM
Master
Quote:
SlayerOfLight: You came pretty close, but it's more like some higher power playing favoritism with people by blessing one and completely ignoring the other. But what I was trying to say, it makes no sense for some people to be lonely who crave to have someone important in life while abusive husbands/wives and cheaters who act like spoiled brats have no trouble getting into relationships. But sadly that's reality from my perspective, so I say yes to the OP's question. Some people are indeed meant to be alone.
consider the situation from a 'greater perspective'; typically, earthborn
individuals have limitations on their comprehension and access to 'facts'.
i believe that people [can] have a higher self understanding of things,
wherein there are no hidden variables involved. from that advanced state
of being, it may make sense that someone have personal experiences with
lack and 'less than full' situations... if only in order to relate directly with
others who have found themselves caught in such a dynamic.

in the final analysis, i don't believe that there exists a "higher power" which
exists outside of a being, requiring it to endure certain circumstances. no one
would want to be in that situation (and with no will to manifest that eventuality,
such a thing cannot come into [true] existence). i believe that the power for
manifestation resides within a being.

also, from my perspective, there is no one who is "meant to be" alone. in fact,
i've heard it said that such a thing as being alone is [truly] impossible, since
such was not the intention of prime creator... 'companionship' is the main
impetus for creation itself!
Old 08-10-2017, 12:03 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
i've heard it said that such a thing as being alone is [truly] impossible, since
In that there are two sexes and it's implicit in any creation story that they're intended to mate. That simplicity has been clouded by religion leading to all kinds of spurious proscriptions, prohibitions and diktats about the circumstances in which that may take place. Ok the religions have all but gone but their traditions remain.

So mating has been surrounded by this thicket of commitment, expectation, individual responsibility, parental demands, the list must be endless. So, without a mate one can end up in that cultural forest alone and lonely. For those able to exist outside that set up they can enjoy mating and be alone otherwise. I don't see that as a problem.

There's quite some difference from being lonely and being alone.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:22 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E

I agree that it IS supposed to be that way, but I'm afraid reality is a little bit more complicated than that.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:35 AM
Master
@Lorelyen, i don't know how to reply to your post. if i sensed some
glaring fault in your generalities i'd attempt to point it out, but as far as
generalities go, those you've shared seem fairly accurate.

@SlayerOfLight, what i want to insist is that "reality" is what you
make of it... it does not exist apart from your experience of it, and you,
as an empowered being, have the capacity to create reality in a manner
that is pleasing to you. THAT is how it's "supposed to be"... you make a
choice (of how life unfurls), and the universe responds: "as you wish".
it's not very complicated.
check out Bashar's 4 Basic Universal Laws of Creation:
https://kwamla.wordpress.com/2010/02...s-of-creation/
Old 09-10-2017, 07:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurmel
I'm just wondering if that was what this soul signed up for, or if my karmic cords demand my solitude in this lifetime!

I've never dated the same person twice, and if you lined up my relationships, not one pair of persons would denote I am attracted to a certain type! I'm wondering, because people I've known in all my years say they're meant to be single, then they've suddenly met someone shortly after the declaration. But, I have never felt like any relationship was the one, even the shy-of-a-decade marriage that ended a while ago...I've been single for three years now and haven't dated in that time, haven't wanted to as I worked on myself.

I wonder if maybe I'm just not meant to be with anyone in this life! Even my dreams for after the kids graduate and move on with their own lives are me doing things alone.

I'm just becoming quite lonely lately, sometimes painfully so, and wonder if all the failed relationships at different points of learning and life just mean that I'm destined to make this a happy life with my perfect partner...myself :p (joke)!

Does anyone know anyone who is happily living a life alone? And what they've said about it in regards to their choice?
in my opinion, karma is something that we are wanting to be free of.
our capacity for meaningful choices is hindered by karma, if that system
remains in play for us. freedom from karma is attainable, and worthwhile.
your primary relationship, as with most (if not all) of us is indeed with
yourself [as i understand things]. perhaps that 'primary relationship' can
be understood as (properly) aligning the mind to be in service to the heart...
or to bring Spirit into loving union with Will. from what i've read (that feels
'resonant' with me), once we've achieved "wholeness" as a being, by
redeeming all lost aspects of self, and discarding that which is not of us,
there exists no further 'neediness' to address and correct... in such
circumstances relationships are no longer based on fulfilling a "need", but
can flourish simply due to the joy that they engender.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:27 AM
Guide

Yes I feel this way. I am happy, independent and have every material thing I could want. But it does feel that being in a relationship with anyone is just not meant for me. I have had relationships and have dated, but only one relationship clicked.

When I was a child I met a boy who became my best friend, fell in love with him, had a relationship, then it ended and we did not stay in contact for 20 years. In 2016 he came back in my life and so did all the wonderful feelings. I was hoping my solitude was finally over. But he'd been dating someone and is now living with that woman. So yes I think for whatever reason I am just meant to be by myself.

I will admit having him back in my life and still not being able to be with him is horrible, but I have no desire at this stage of my life to actively search for someone. If through my work and volunteer work someone comes into my life then great. Otherwise, I am fine and content on my own. I know that sounds weird to some people.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-10-2017, 04:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdm1
Yes I feel this way. I am happy, independent and have every material thing I could want. But it does feel that being in a relationship with anyone is just not meant for me. I have had relationships and have dated, but only one relationship clicked.

When I was a child I met a boy who became my best friend, fell in love with him, had a relationship, then it ended and we did not stay in contact for 20 years. In 2016 he came back in my life and so did all the wonderful feelings. I was hoping my solitude was finally over. But he'd been dating someone and is now living with that woman. So yes I think for whatever reason I am just meant to be by myself.

I will admit having him back in my life and still not being able to be with him is horrible, but I have no desire at this stage of my life to actively search for someone. If through my work and volunteer work someone comes into my life then great. Otherwise, I am fine and content on my own. I know that sounds weird to some people.

Hope that helps.
i went looking for the Tennyson quote about "'Tis better to have loved and lost
than never to have loved at all", and came across this psychology today article:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...have-loved-all
my sense of it is that those who've suffered inordinate stress over a broken
relationship had allowed themselves to become 'dependent' on it for their
sense of well-being. that would be like placing your own best interests
outside of yourself [in service to some "foreign agenda"].

in my opinion, for you to have "horrible" sensations due to the circumstances
you've experienced is an invitation for you to explore some aspect of your
being which you've neglected (leaving it to be maintained by someone else).
i believe that you might bring your own loving intentions into that space and
provide it with healing energy. imo: love is the answer to curing that ill; you
contain the love-energy required to restore health to your whole-being.