Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 12-03-2019, 06:45 PM
Master
What is this?

Hi. I have recently purchased a necklace. It looks as if it has blue jasper beads. I was wondering if that is what this is and if not then what? I bought the necklace at a local goodwill and am wondering if the stone beads are real and what type of stone?

https://i.imgur.com/KFqAAp1.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/9bVRTT4.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/G4ZunwA.jpg?1

any help appreciated. namaste
Old 13-03-2019, 11:12 AM
Master
that is very pretty! but sorry I don't know what it is. either way nice find
Old 15-03-2019, 12:30 AM
Master
Thank you Sapphirez,

After a recent Google search I am thinking it's possible it is cloisonne jasper. I'm not positive but it looks very close to me.
Old 18-03-2019, 03:12 AM
Administrator
Hello

I would know it as Picture Jasper.

Lynn
Old 18-03-2019, 10:19 AM
Master
Hi Lynn,
Thank you for your response, I greatly appreciate it.

Picture jasper? That is interesting, do you think it could be dyed? I'm concerned about the blue color.

Thank you.
Old 18-03-2019, 03:09 PM
Experiencer
I am not too familiar with picture jasper, but I have seen and collected many natural stones and my first instinct is that it's not dyed. I would think that if it was dyed it would be more bright and vibrant, kinda fake looking. Yours does not look fake according to my experience and my gut.
Old 18-03-2019, 08:36 PM
Master
Crystal canuck, thank you very much, I appreciate your response.
Old 19-03-2019, 02:35 PM
Administrator
Hello

Picture Jasper is more common in the pure brown tone form but can have the green hues in it from other minerals being present.

It has the strong lines in it and could well form the images or map like features this stone is known for. I have a Brown Egg one with hints of green in it similar.

I do not feel its dyed as Jasper is a stone that has a wonderful natural colour to it that would not need to be altered to make it stand our.

Lynn
Old 19-03-2019, 05:15 PM
Master
Thank you so much Lynn!

I was concerned of it being dyed as I've read that some do dye jaspers especially ones of bluer shades. That is what had me concerned.

Thank you all so much for your help.

Namaste.
Old 22-03-2019, 04:35 PM
Administrator
Hello

OK I found a better name for it "Fancy Jasper" it seems fits it more. I still know it as Picture Jasper. Depends on what school you seem to be trained in.

Fancy Jasper. Jasper is derived from the Greek for “spotted stone”. Jasper is loosely considered a chalcedony, but technically is a separate group because of its grainy structure. Finely grained, dense jasper contains up to twenty percent other materials that create its many colors and appearance.

Lynn