Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 08-03-2019, 08:55 PM
Pathfinder

Obsidian

I was curious if anyone else was drawn to obsidian? I recently bought an obsidian crystal ball and we have been inseparable since. It is very grounding and has definitely drawn a lot of "negativity" out (which can be quite the ride). I am curious to hear about others' experiences with the stone.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:36 AM
Master
I bought a rainbow obsidian alien skull (with elongated head) shortly after my breakup.
I came out of a longterm abusive relationship and I needed to find my feet. I felt very vulnerable, unprotected and so on.
The skull helped me tremendously. It was my first obsidian, and knowing how it can pan out, I was a bit curious & concerned at the same time, hihi.
But nothing. It felt good. I felt strong, safe, empowered. I even slept with it that very first night.
Old 10-03-2019, 12:39 AM
Administrator
Obsidian (including Snowflake)

Mystical Properties:

Obsidian in general helps to alleviate pain, reducing tension and releasing energy; it is also told to accelerate the physical healing of wounds. Obsidian is an excellent stone simply to have around to absorb and transform the negative energies in to positive. It will vibrate calmness and security and stabilize the energies of all persons within its reach.

Snowflake Obsidian aids in clearer and more logical thinking. Carry this stone to keep others from taking advantage. This stone will reveal what needs to be changed in life to assist one in advancing.

Healing Properties:

Obsidian helps ailments of the stomach and intestines, it is a powerful healing stone but only for some. It is also said to improve one’s vision.

Magical Properties:

Energy: Projective
Element: Fire
Powers: Protection, grounding, divination and peace
Zodiac: Sagittarius
Planet: Saturn
Chakra Classification: Root and Third Eye

I have a lot of different forms of Obsidian. I have some snowflake both in raw and jewelry, as well as the more common black. I have a nice Ocean Obsidian sphere.

It is a stone that for me is in moderation, comes out when I feel I need it. Not one that I feel I could have with me daily or wear unless I feel that pull to having it on.

Lynn

I am looking at getting an arrow head tool piece but I want an authentic one so researching a good store.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:28 PM
Experiencer
The Black Obsidian is a great teacher, let me teach you a highly effective and therapeutical method, if you ever manage to go deep into a meditation that lasts 60-90 minutes, after the first 30-40 minutes or so of meditating with your obsidian, after your mind chatter gets less.... you will notice that your thoughts will be less invasive and that there is you, the awareness. Imagine when meditating, that your thoughts are like a radio station, comes and goes, don't judge them, just observe them. Now when meditate for 30-40 minutes, your mind right now is 'in the zone' , tibetan monks can reach this state in 3 minutes, for us it takes that much and decreases as we keep practice it.

HOW: Make sure you blindfold yourself, so that there is complete darkness and you won't open your eyes at all, no external visual stimuli. You can use some calm music if you wish, but something which has a constant beat so your mood won't vary. Now after 30-40 minutes, when you have your mind chatter calmed down and as you hold your obsidian in your hand/s, picture yourself as entering the Black Obsidian itself, as you visualize this process, know that nothing can be hidden from the obsidian, and be ready to peel as many onion layers to reach the root of your problem/questions. Ask loudly or clear in your head, your question. Why is it that.... You will notice that quite a few times you will get the answer while you are making the question itself. Keep going. Usually the first answer is just 1 layer off, keep going deeper, but why.... how come... Keep asking, and a voice will answer you instantly or if not instantly, it will answer. Keep focusing on this, and keep diving. If you have a sense of fear, the best way I personally break the fear is to get semi-angry on the feeling of fear as being something that is in my way, something for which I have no time now, and that I am serious about discovering the answers, to find the root cause. There are many opinions about what happens, but you could say that the voice you hear is your subconscious... Some people say it's their guides and such... Honestly this voice is can still feel like yours but it also seems to bring its answers incredibly good. You could go from asking a problem in your life and receive and answer only to keep asking again about that answer and notice you can end up to your childhood, the root of the roots. If i remember correctly, that voice is also the one that can push you to keep going deeper. This is very close related to shadow self work meditation, have plenty of similar elements, however for shadow self usually there are a few other things needed to be done.

PERSONAL EXAMPLE: To go on with an example of what I said above, for my case, as this can be easier for you to understand. I personally do not drive a car, don't have a driving license. But can I afford one? Of course, I could buy 3. Would I like to drive? Well, yes... Then why don't I do it? Why is it that every-time I hit the driving school I end up not going even to the exam. Why is it that despite the fact that I like cars and would find it amazing to own my own car and go from point A to B by myself, why is it I don't drive yet?

So I went in such a session one night, took me about 40 minutes max to calm all the useless chatter in my mind... and at some point I felt like there was a bigger gap between the thoughts... Then I have started. I visualized what I wrote above with the Obsidian, then in my mind I thought as a whole about the topic of this problem, as in I primed my mind. Then I ask, why is it that I don't drive a car? And the first answer, because you don't have a driving license. Okay... why is it that I don't have a driving license? Because you're lazy..... Hmm.. I acknowledge there may have been some truth to that as I wasn't fancy studying non stop about the driving school, but I wasn't just lazy because I excel at other areas where lazy is out of the discussion. So I ask, even if I am lazy, why did I always bailed out from the driving school exam, I already knew how to drive from the school, why didn't I at least tried to take the exam? Because you acted with superficiality. But why? Why did I acted superficial if it was something which I wanted, a desire to drive my own car?? I already am able to fulfill other desires more difficult, why not this, why?? You acted superficial about it as a measure for self-sabotage. At this point I feel my hair raising on my hands/limbs. It is so quiet in my mind, it is like there is only this dialogue going on while I keep peeling layers of the problem as if it was an onion, going to its root center. I self-sabotage, this made sense and it was also a truth. Then I ask , why did I self-sabotage, I have this desire, why do I deny it from myself? Then what happened was a mixture of a reply and mental images. I quickly went back in the past, years and years counting backwards, until I remembered this one day (more like period): >>> I was 10 years old, I loved cars, I was thrilled to drive magnetic cars too in the fun theme parks. But I was also admiring my big brother, he is 9 years older. In our family, there was only 1 car, my dad's, and my brother just got his driving license and was thrilled to drive it all day long. Somehow, some day.. in my stupid kid mind, I felt as if I would show interest in driving, this would mean that I would compete with my brother as in who gets the car more often, I wanted to avoid that, so I suppressed my desire to drive, I simply stopped thinking about that I could drive on day, in my mind it was set in stone that I can not drive. Do you realize how silly this is? If I were to tell it to my brother or someone else? It is like "no way, this is not the reason, what you are crazy?" sort of, they wouldn't even take me serious. But think about it, that concept, that notion, entered my mind as a big seed at 10 years old, self planted. I simply grew up and let that seed grow big and never bothered remembering why I wasn't attracted to drive it anymore. You see, for me! This meant everything, to realize this as the ROOT of my problem, the final answer to my question, brought a huge relief, having this understanding, made me realize that I was simply playing against myself when trying to take the driving license. This felt very liberating, to acknowledge a root cause of a problem, brought me a very effective change. You see, I wrote above in past tense: "I personally do not drive a car, don't have a driving license. But can I afford one? Of course" - and I did that so it fits the rest of the story. After that session, what followed was a huge persistent locked in motivation regarding this topic. locked-in motivation means I was motivated a lot specifically to start the driving school, which I did, to actually go the exam, which I did, to take it, which I did, to buy a car, which I did, to drive it, which I do. I honestly believe I would have waited another decade or so before considering taking my driving license if it wasn't for that meditation. 10-15 minutes meditation are nice for anti-stress, but if you want to go do something like this, get your obsidian and be ready for some digging for an hour or more.

I kinda doubt someone read it allbut hopefully as this is a forum, maybe some day years from now someone will stumble upon this and try it him/herself. Cheers :)
Old 18-04-2019, 05:40 PM
Newbie ;)

I will definetly buy obsidian soon, its calling me somehow. :)
Isn't it wonderful that mother earth gives us so many beautiful crystals?