Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Knower

Do you have to exist?

I believe in an afterlife i also know that one can commit suicide but that is just another form of death and you still end up existing on the spiritual plane as a spirit being
My question is if you have had enough of existence period and dont wish to be conscious, feel, think or BE anymore as a spirit or be re-encarnated or anything are you alowed to chose to NOT BE to be exterminated from reality as form that feels and thinks and back into the formlessness from where i believe we came
i know energy cant disapear it can only change form but i want to be stardust or something even less formless that has no sensory system no mind or lightbody or anything capable of feeling or thinking
something pure that has no awarness
I want to go back to the quanum soup and be dissolved into evrything so i am no longer a seperate somethingness that feels and thinks
is this possable is the great one so kind or is BEING form what i have to do for all eternity?

Please no-one argue with me that spirit is a formless state i believe it is a type of form just not a flesh body that exists in the 3rd dimension and spirit is a light form that exist on another dimension we know little about yet but it is still a kind of form ....FOR arguments sake anyway :)

Last edited by lillyj : 05-01-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Master

I do not know the answer to your question. If I asked that to some people they would say, do not worry about it. Enjoy this life, the time you have here. Forget about what happens in the afterlife. What will happen, will happen and there is nothing you can do about it. You will find out eventually.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Enya

I think... once you *have* consciousness, there's no going back. You may clear and develop and grow in awareness but I think if you chose 'non-awareness', you would either return to a state of total ignorance or you would remain that way for a certain period of time. btw, how do you know stardust has no mind, senses or feelings? You can't, because that is totally outwith your present experience or knowledge.

Having said that, no doubt you can choose 'not to be', but I should think there would be a great deal of debate about it before you got your wish...
Old 05-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Sira

lillyj, you have expressed me.
I would love to be outside awareness. That is why I sometimes think that I'd love to be a simple flower growing at the river bank. Becoming alive and letting go in one season, and then just sleep the in-between.
Then I know that this option would take me back to the evolving from that part of consciousness, going through it all over again.
My solution? One part of me is going to have "holiday lives" as long as I want in the Pleiades. One part of me is going to join some angel hierarchy thingie where you do something that does not involve evolving. One part of me joins Elohim to create new worlds, with the absolute demand that I will not be able to feel polarity.
If I come up with more plans, I will share them with you.
Right now I would like to be a single flake of snow. Nothing more.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:46 PM
mikron

greetings just to add a little information here as to know that the 3rd dimension is really tough some times for all people

The big focus here to share esoterically is that in between lifetimes we are the Soul More so! and that is the dynamic part that after every incarnation collects all the experiences , after just so many life times we wake up to the Soul teachings just like in between and then there is no more inbetween

Namaste mikron
Old 05-01-2011, 11:08 PM
Master
i'm not sure but after i die i don't want to exist either and i will NEVER reincarnate again, i'm not getting tricked into those bull**** contracts
Old 06-01-2011, 10:50 AM
blueIce

I can't say I have an answer. I don't even know why the hell I'm here. Some say that if you attain high enough development in the universe you can experience "mystic death" where you destroy your individuality and merge back with god, the divine, universe, or whatever it is. Some say that if you also send your entire astral body past earth's boundaries it will be destroyed and is terrible karma. Not fact, just what I've read.

Personally, with all the hardships I've felt in this life, even now when I feel really sad, I like my individuality, my consciousness, my I, and I feel blessed to have known many individuals I have met and would not want to forget them or my experiences with them. Sounds crazy but I don't think I'd want to lose it. Then again, I don't remember anything before this life, felt like a fade-in from nothingness, so maybe I've lost it many times, or recycled it, who knows. In this life I just feel something special that I wouldn't want to forget.

If that's what you want though, see what happens on the other side. You might think differently once you know the real truth (if that's what we find when we die) or maybe you'll want it more. Maybe it's another part of existence we all went through or will go through regardless of choice.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Experiencer
I think that, in spirit, you can be whatever you want to be. You could become something without thought, emotion or form if you wished, for as long as you wished. But do you suppose that, once in the spirit world, you would really desire such a thing? In spirit emotion is a completely different thing than it is in a human body - we choose what we feel, and thus all we need feel is love and joy. We also choose how we would like to think; the negative thought patterns we had in our human body and the negative emotions we felt can go hang. Spiritual reality is so much more than our human experience. Would you really rather feel nothing than feel joy?

Rosewater, we choose our own challenges on Earth. We are not "tricked" into anything. I know it is hard to believe that we would choose to suffer, but our complete selves know far more than we do, and these experiences will look a whole lot different from the other side of life.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Ciqala

well, as i see it, I have lived many lives, and i am an ancient soul, dissecting life in my view point, as of now, i even realize how amazing incarnating on this earth truly is to me, i think we have a choice,
life here is full of suffering, pain, but my soul basks in that to learn, to grow,
but my choice has always been to come back, (i have the sense also, that i have sat out for times, and been a spirit guide for soul mates when they live) for significant reasons, to live, to explore, to have fun (although my view of fun is a lot different than my human mind)

well there is a belief, from reincarnation, that we must complete our learning process, in order to finally leave the incarnation process, to finally be free and liberated. i do not think it is a "must" though, i think it is, our decision, but when we are spirit, we do not view life here, as so horrible as we do now. even if it is a must, it's not so cruel as it seems on the other side.

I have my issues about it, one being, why would i want to forget this life? if i just lived again, this life would be forgotten in that time being (although that life would be just as important as this one is for me now). i come back here, because it is so great, i don't want to leave. i have attachments. but it seems cruel that this life will be forgotten just like the others. i don't want to forget myself.
but myself i have become attached to, is still going to be in another form anyway. i still like my possessions i have in this life. i can understand why i come back. but, my soul mates, i mean, they can be with me in spirit, most of them are right now anyway.
i would like to be liberated, but i tend to enjoy taking up space in this world.
i know that.
because each life i live, it is like i give myself challenges. even if it's not me giving the challenges to myself, i still highly enjoy them. most of my lives aren't peachy. but i like that, my soul likes that, it's like i come down here to play a game of "can i get over these hurdles this time?" and "i wonder what other horrendous thing i can overcome?"

i used to flirt with suicide, my life was not all blooming roses. but now i enjoy the aspect of eating, feeling solid objects, the things this world has to offer, the experiences. yeah, i don't want to die, and if i do, i most definitely will come back.

i madly wish, and hope, that on the other side, all my lives will be remembered and celebrated, because, damn, those accomplishments shouldn't be forgotten! That is the only thing that bothers me about it all. however, i know, in my heart, that once i leave this place, i will remember everything.
Old 25-01-2011, 12:47 AM
A.J.M

No, but we do and always will until we don't. I've thought about many times but I've come to the conclusions I won't know. At least not for now.

Last edited by A.J.M : 25-01-2011 at 05:22 AM.