Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 30-11-2010, 03:30 AM
Ciqala

a few crystal questions

I just got some little guys, have no experience with them, and i want to build a relationship with them first. I have Blue Chalcedony, Unakite, Jade, Carnelian, Garnet, Amber, Crystal Quartz, Iolite, Dumorterrite (don't know if i spelled that right), and Amethesyt. So i've heard that cleansing is mandatory first, but also that when i first "charge" them, I can do so by meditation, or using my thoughts? Anyone know about this?
Do I have to tell the crystals what I want to use them for? (I want to use them for my Chakras). Can they be used for multiple things at once? Has anyone here talked to the spirit of their crystal?

What should I put them in or on? Should I keep them tucked away in a type of box so they are protected? Or can i lay them out on an alter? Also, should i keep them apart from each other, will some of them not bond well? I guess i'm just worried about their energies conflicting, if that can happen.

I also have Hematite, and Tektite, Apache Tears, and others but not for my chakras.

Thanks for putting up with my huge whack of questions, which turned out to be more than just a few :)
Old 30-11-2010, 11:07 PM
LotusBlossom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
I just got some little guys, have no experience with them, and i want to build a relationship with them first. I have Blue Chalcedony, Unakite, Jade, Carnelian, Garnet, Amber, Crystal Quartz, Iolite, Dumorterrite (don't know if i spelled that right), and Amethesyt. So i've heard that cleansing is mandatory first, but also that when i first "charge" them, I can do so by meditation, or using my thoughts? Anyone know about this?
Do I have to tell the crystals what I want to use them for? (I want to use them for my Chakras). Can they be used for multiple things at once? Has anyone here talked to the spirit of their crystal?

What should I put them in or on? Should I keep them tucked away in a type of box so they are protected? Or can i lay them out on an alter? Also, should i keep them apart from each other, will some of them not bond well? I guess i'm just worried about their energies conflicting, if that can happen.

I also have Hematite, and Tektite, Apache Tears, and others but not for my chakras.

Thanks for putting up with my huge whack of questions, which turned out to be more than just a few :)

I don't know all there is to know about crystals but, I'll give you some ideas that I hope will be helpful.

I would suggest cleaning them first. There are a few different ways to do it. But, look online or in books on each stone.. as some are self cleaning. I know that you can leave them in moonlight over night or in the sunlight during the day. However, extended time in the sun can cause stones like amethyst to fade in color. You can also, smudge them with sage smoke which is how I do it.

As for charging them.. I'm afraid I can't speak too much on that. I personally don't charge my stones. I sit with them quietly holding them in my hands once I've cleaned them feeling the different sensations and textures of each stone.

How you store your crystals is I think.. a personal choice. I have mine on a plate of sorts. Where I can see them easily or just walk by and pick one up. Though I prefer if people I don't know well.. didn't handle my crystals. It's my feeling that everyone and every thing has or carries energy of its own or left on it by someone else. I don't mind if one of my kids picks them up and looks at them etc. If it did bother me I would put them in a box. And if someone I've just met was holding one of my crystals I'd let them as each crystal extends it's own energy. I would though clean my crystals after. But, that's me and I'm a little weird lol. I hope that helps some .
Old 01-12-2010, 03:38 AM
Ciqala

Thanks :). I cleanse everything with sage, sometimes with the fire spirit.
Yeah, i'm like that with all my sacred objects, don't want unknown people touching them unless i know they have good energies.
Well, I don't know much about charging, but i cleansed them last night, and just introduced myself to them, talked to them a bit, told them what i wanted them to help me with, i don't know if it worked...

I still don't know if i should keep them together, still don't know lots of things about them.

I have another question. When i healed myself with my crystals, i put them on each of my chakras, and could feel them working intensely, it felt magnetic, like they were pulling stuff out of me. I slept with them after that, and had to put them under my pillow because whenever i touched them, they would pull stuff out, and make my body vibrate and feel intense. It felt like it was working, after i felt very good,
but i slept for a long time, and when i woke up i was congested and felt like i had the beginning of a bad cold. Is it normal to feel physically sick the morning after healing with crystals? Or is that bad? The only thing i can think of, is maybe they weren't done pulling stuff out, and left some sicknesses on the surface so when i woke up i had a cold? I don't believe in coincidences. Also, this morning i woke up angry and bitter. Literally woke up out of sleep and ended up yelling at my cat for disturbing my sleep, all disorientated, chasing her around the house and kicked something and hurt my foot. The weirdest thing was she was terrified of me, as soon as i sat up, before i yelled at her, and she bolted.
Well I haven't felt resentment for a LONG time. Why? That is weird for me....
Maybe the crystals are bringing up stuff?

Oh and another question: SHould i cleanse them again AFTER healing myself with them?
Old 01-12-2010, 10:08 PM
star-child

Hello I have a fairly good knowledge of crystals but sometimes if a method of cleansing for example doesn't feel right then trust your intuition and try out other methods.

You can dedicate your crystals by sending them loving energy and then telling it what you want it to do for you.

If you were a crystal healer then you would have specific crystals for your clients which would be cleansed between each treatment but otherwise I'm sure that crystals can do multiple things for you.

Sometimes I do talk to my crystals, I can sense the life and spirit in them, they always comfort me.

Some crystals like the sun but some fade in the sun (amethyst is one I think).

I don't keep my crystals close together because I feel that the energies conflict with each other.

It's always good to place your crystals outside by a tree or plant for a little while because they will begin to vibrate at their natural frequency but remember where you put them, I seem to have lost a few in the grass or I'm sure a faery took one, it was a large stone but after being outside for about an hour, I came back and it was nowhere!

I hope I have answered a few of your questions, just do what feels right
Old 06-12-2010, 07:59 AM
Ciqala

Thanks Star Child, much appreciated. So you do think they conflict with each other, is there a way that you know that? I had the same feeling.
Oh no, i have been keeping them all in a pouch, hopefully i can get my house renos done soon, and get my altar up so i can space them out.
Also, i sort of got in the habit of carrying around multiple crystals with me in a medicine pouch...

Oh that's cute, i'm sure the faery appreciated it! Yeah, i was worried about using earth to cleanse them, because i have a big yard, and... i lose things easily.
Well i heard of some people actually getting a pot of dirt, maybe with flowers planted, and using that? Or maybe i'll make a crystal garden outside, so i don't lose them! That sounds like an awesome idea.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:02 PM
star-child

Thats okay I don't know for sure if they conflict but I just feel like they do and you feel it too so they probably do!

I have read about putting them in pots with soil too, especially stones which are used for healing. A crystal garden sounds like a good idea, you could leave them out in the full moon to charge them.