Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 26-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Baldr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
hi again Balder44, whew! sure glad you were just being sarcastic. next time you're being sarcastic you might want to include a /snark/ indicator at the end of your sarcastic text. sometimes/oftimes it's hard to tell in text when someone is sneering at you.

i'm not sure what you expect me to find in that Erik thing. i didn't know Erik so any purported message from him from the "beyond" has no relevance to me.
I inserted a hyper link to the site. Erik is a nonphysical youngster who has had other incarnations but is in the process of learning. He is being guided by teachers and guides to help him better understand his current position. He is not in the "beyond" (don't know where that would be) he is in a nonphysical reality where one passes when they shed the cloak of the human body. There are many realities in the mental planes, Erik is in the one that is vibrationally matched to him. If you should decide to take a look at hs life after this life, you might start at the begining. There have been a great number of chanelled messages. Upon reading them one can see the growth that is taking place.

Erik was very playful in the begining. He has been in our presence a few times and it has been a delight to have him visit. He has a couple of guys here that he has incarnated with in the past. One was a twin brother and the other his father in a previous life experience. They chose from their spiritual circle of family and friends to come back again. Due to Erik's illness he took his life before he was finished so now he's being of service from the other side of the veil.
My apology for the sneer, without my guide watching me I can get totally out in left field. She's with me now and wanted to be sure to let you know that is something I shouldn't be doing.
Love and Light
Jake
Old 26-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Master
Balder44, i'm sure all this is very real for you but messages from the discorporated don't prove anything to me, especially if i've never met them in their physicality since i would have no context for character referrence. and even if my departed Grandma appeared to me and told me she's presently happy being an exotic dancer in Las Vegas her message wouldn't override the profound effect of the revelation i experienced which still reverberates as a truth ... in me ... for me.

so i was pondering our differences and i wonder if it has something to do with the perceived functions of the Id. a "medium" once told me i was a "surrendered soul". she said "surrendered souls" are those who are "servants of God" and they manifest how and where they are needed (and so perhaps not necessarily how and where they desire). i rejected this idea at the time because at the time i believed as you do. but then i "saw" the "map", that inconceivably vast, complex and powerful multidimensional web of interconnected energy lines and knew i could have no power of my own in such a system, that any power or control i might achieve is merely a infinitesimal manifestion of a power far far beyond my comprehenision. IOW, my ego vanishes in the brilliance and if there is an "i" at all in that moment it must bow to that brilliance. it seems surrender is all i can do but in that surrender i achieve my only personal power. in yielding to the Universe i can manifest as unconditional love.

you are different than me. you have plans and you can decide where and how you'll pop up in that inconceivably vast, complex and powerful multidimensional weave of interconnected energy lines. you're ego is big enough to tell "God" what you want and demand you get your way. good for you! hope it works.
Old 26-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Neville

The Souls journey will incorporate experiencing life times that to us might seem unfavourable, this will affect us as people and inturn promote questions like this.

Speaking in terms of the Soul and it's Journey this question becomes irrelevant because our consciousness as a person living now must by dint of the obvious know that the suffering of our body and mind will at length cease. Once that suffering has ceased. Its no longer a bad life and therefore the prospect of coming back to another life exactly like this one, for the Soul is unlikely. because its been there and done that.

Next time round it will be different. It might be worse, but it might also be a lot better.
Old 26-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Baldr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
The Souls journey will incorporate experiencing life times that to us might seem unfavourable, this will affect us as people and inturn promote questions like this.

Speaking in terms of the Soul and it's Journey this question becomes irrelevant because our consciousness as a person living now must by dint of the obvious know that the suffering of our body and mind will at length cease. Once that suffering has ceased. Its no longer a bad life and therefore the prospect of coming back to another life exactly like this one, for the Soul is unlikely. because its been there and done that.

Next time round it will be different. It might be worse, but it might also be a lot better.

Absolutely, Couldn't agree more. It is because of the "been there, done that" that we can have another experience. After finishing each life experience, we have an opportunity to review it. As we experience a multitude of experiences (pardon the redundancy) we become more and more aware of our true conscious connection not only with the collective consciousness but to the Source of Consciousness as well. There are of course the other multidimensional aspects of our consciousness as well but that is a another discussion. However still part of the whole consciousness.

In Love and Light
Jake
Old 26-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Baldr44

Quote:
Balder44, i'm sure all this is very real for you but messages from the discorporated don't prove anything to me, especially if i've never met them in their physicality since i would have no context for character referrence. and even if my departed Grandma appeared to me and told me she's presently happy being an exotic dancer in Las Vegas her message wouldn't override the profound effect of the revelation i experienced which still reverberates as a truth ... in me ... for me.

so i was pondering our differences and i wonder if it has something to do with the perceived functions of the Id. a "medium" once told me i was a "surrendered soul". she said "surrendered souls" are those who are "servants of God" and they manifest how and where they are needed (and so perhaps not necessarily how and where they desire). i rejected this idea at the time because at the time i believed as you do. but then i "saw" the "map", that inconceivably vast, complex and powerful multidimensional web of interconnected energy lines and knew i could have no power of my own in such a system, that any power or control i might achieve is merely a infinitesimal manifestion of a power far far beyond my comprehenision. IOW, my ego vanishes in the brilliance and if there is an "i" at all in that moment it must bow to that brilliance. it seems surrender is all i can do but in that surrender i achieve my only personal power. in yielding to the Universe i can manifest as unconditional love.

you are different than me. you have plans and you can decide where and how you'll pop up in that inconceivably vast, complex and powerful multidimensional weave of interconnected energy lines. you're ego is big enough to tell "God" what you want and demand you get your way. good for you! hope it works.

After much pondering and thought, I believe that you believe youself to be a victum. I mean how in heavens name would you select a life experience like the one you're having? So, someone must be at fault here and it wasn't myself so, there must be a systemic way of some entity, perhaps god who makes these decisions for us. So, I will bow to that power that makes all the right decisions for us and consequently it is impossible for anyone to have a choice.
My ego has nothing to do with it, it is a choice that I get to make for myself, there is no god to tell anything to. There was a time when I might have agreed with you on the ego thing, but no longer.
You have no consciousness as god provides everything you need. He/she/it makes the decisions through its brilliance. You my friend have far more power than you give youself credit for. There is no god making assignments, however it makes a really great story. I'm sorry but it sound like a cop out to me. However it is what you believe, so be it. I'm not here to change your thinking, just to make points. I really can't imagine being a slave to a dictator god. Just my two cents.
In Love and Light
Jake
Old 26-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldr44
After much pondering and thought, I believe that you believe youself to be a victum. I mean how in heavens name would you select a life experience like the one you're having? So, someone must be at fault here and it wasn't myself so, there must be a systemic way of some entity, perhaps god who makes these decisions for us. So, I will bow to that power that makes all the right decisions for us and consequently it is impossible for anyone to have a choice.
My ego has nothing to do with it, it is a choice that I get to make for myself, there is no god to tell anything to. There was a time when I might have agreed with you on the ego thing, but no longer.
You have no consciousness as god provides everything you need. He/she/it makes the decisions through its brilliance. You my friend have far more power than you give youself credit for. There is no god making assignments, however it makes a really great story. I'm sorry but it sound like a cop out to me. However it is what you believe, so be it. I'm not here to change your thinking, just to make points. I really can't imagine being a slave to a dictator god. Just my two cents.
In Love and Light
Jake

oh fer crise sake, Balder44, have i express any discontentment with my spiritual position? if not ... how can you ASSume i consider myself a victim? even if i grumble that perhaps i'd prefer not to be uncomfortable here or there my grumbling would only indicate that i have an ego that is not entirely happy with being surrendered (ego is like that). i'm merely truthful with myself that the Universe is far far more powerful and complex than i can comprehend and control.

i have no consciousness? well okay. if that's how you perceive me that's how i am to you. fortunately for me, aside from this miniscule interaction on this message board, you aren't creating me.

you and i once again differ. i do not see "God" as dictator ... more like an unlimited natural force spontaneously manifesting every possible reality (in which you can perhaps manifest yourself as a surgeon). and you seem to be being deliberately obtuse when you say "that God provides everything you need" and "makes all decisions" and being "a slave" when surely you know (unless i've over estimated your intelligence and intuitive abilities) that's not my meaning. (perhaps you should turn to your guide and ask her about being disingenuous). in any case, since you believe yourself to be in control of the natural forces that constitute the Universe go stand in the path of a tornado and command it to stop and see what happens.
Old 27-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Baldr44

Reality is what we take to be true.

What we take to be true is what we believe.

What we believe is based upon our perceptions.

What we perceive depends upon what we look for.

What we look for depends upon what we think.

What we think depends upon what we perceive.

What we perceive determines what we believe.

What we believe determines what we take to be true.

What we take to be true is our reality.

Gary Zukav
Old 27-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Reality is what we take to be true.

What we take to be true is what we believe.

What we believe is based upon our perceptions.

What we perceive depends upon what we look for.

What we look for depends upon what we think.

What we think depends upon what we perceive.

What we perceive determines what we believe.

What we believe determines what we take to be true.

What we take to be true is our reality.

Gary Zukav

was Mr. Zukav ever able to command the halt of a tornado by believing it to be other than destructive? can the tide be caused to change it's timing by believing it will be timed differently than the moon phases dictate? can the erruption of a volcano be stalled by tossing a virgin into the caldera?

oh and i'm curious, Balder44. have you planned out your final departure? do you know the time and circumstance of your complete exit from your present body?
Old 27-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Baldr44

Quote:
was Mr. Zukave ever able to command the halt of a tornado by believing it to be other than destructive? can the tide be caused to change it's timing by believing it will be timed differently than the moon phases dictate? can the erruption of a volcano be stalled by tossing a virgin into the caldera?

oh and i'm curious, Balder44. have you planned out your final departure? do you know the time and circumstance of complete exit from your present body?

You sir are hung up on changing nature. If you read it carefully you will see that it is of a personal nature. It is about changing one's own perceptions. We fall into traps of personal deceptive perceptions.

One of the most important reasons for understanding the nature of personal reality is to learn how to experience balance and harmony in our day to day lives which can only be achieved by looking into what lies below the surface which includes a clear and precise understanding of what limiting thoughts, disabling beliefs and deceptive perceptions we unknowingly program in our subconscious minds. This kind of investigation requires the interjection of spirituality because we are not a species that is in some way separate from our spirituality.

I can't control the elements, However I can control my own reality by eliminating disabling beliefs and deceptive perceptions.
Old 27-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Master
Quote:
You sir are hung up on changing nature. If you read it carefully you will see that it is of a personal nature. It is about changing one's own perceptions. We fall into traps of personal deceptive perceptions.

One of the most important reasons for understanding the nature of personal reality is to learn how to experience balance and harmony in our day to day lives which can only be achieved by looking into what lies below the surface which includes a clear and precise understanding of what limiting thoughts, disabling beliefs and deceptive perceptions we unknowingly program in our subconscious minds. This kind of investigation requires the interjection of spirituality because we are not a species that is in some way separate from our spirituality.

I can't control the elements, However I can control my own reality by eliminating disabling beliefs and deceptive perceptions.

i'm well aware of the "create your own reality" meme and i use it where applicable and the application IS limited BECAUSE natural overwhelming forces are also at play in our realities. that is a simple and undeniable truth and no amount of believing otherwise will change the the fact that the Universe is not governed by our beliefs.

you didn't answer my query concerning your exit plans.