Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 15-04-2011, 02:43 PM
spirit72

Well i have explained the best way I can not sure why your all soooooooooooooo confused it is a simple question, I channel people naturally and some find it freaky... I have never had training for this or my Mediumship, it has just been there since I remember... I call it channelling because that's what it is, remote viewing for me is a little different...as I do this when I am reading for others... when I channel I am doing it with intention... I am bringing in other energy in order to feel and see them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDragon
I'd find it interesting and would be keen to explore the idea and degree of accuracy. I've heard Hal Pothoff speaking on RV and the training used to achieve results like you describe and more, however there are interesting differences between that and the psychic version.

I too am a bit confused by your use of the word 'channelling' in this context though - can you define it a bit more closely?
Old 15-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Master
Nah it wouldn't freak me out, but can someone be that accurate? If so then well probably I'd be a little bit freaked out in a good way like "WOW this person is GOOD"
Old 15-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Knower

Intresting!!
Old 15-04-2011, 04:22 PM
surrendertotheflow

I didn't know you could do that just by someone writing through a forum and saying, hey! channel me!! I thought you would have to know them or have something that belongs to them, or for them to give you some idea of who they are.

Like for instance, I have never talked to you before, we do not know each other at all except for this one message I am posting to you.
With just this and nothing else, could you tell me where I am and what I am wearing?

I would really love to see/know/experience something like that, no, it wouldn't freak me out, it would give me inspiration that I'll be able to accomplish this one day, not for personal fun, but for spiritual growth. It's exciting to me! lol

Peace, Love, and Light
Old 15-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Jules

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit72
Hi it was just a general question,I do it naturally when I am reading for someone, or if I need to know someone is ok, I can just see what there doing and were they are, some people find it freaky, but I think it is a very handy tool... I call it channelling because I am channelling someone else's energy as well as channelling my own..I often pick up there emotions, and worries, as well as everyday thoughts...I can also do this from letters and objects that belong to people...it feel like they left an imprint of there last thoughts and what they were doing...

You're reading psychically, empathically but not mediumistically when you remote view, or doing psychometry. but one thing I will say .. look at personal responsibility, it's so wrong to just delve in and I quote or if I need to know someone is ok, I can just see what there doing and were they are. This is an invasion of privacy and as a psychic you have a responsibility NOT to use your 'gift' (for want of a better word) willy nilly. You wouldn't like it if someone read your personal diary without permission. It's the exact same thing. Sorry if this post has offended you, but I'm a stickler for respect. And that to me just isn't. Whether you know the person well or not it still doesn't give you the right to enter someones energy just to see if they are ok and what they're doing and where they are.
Namaste
Jue x
Old 15-04-2011, 07:31 PM
spirit72

Arrow

The only time I ever use this gift is with permission, when I said to see if some is OK, I was talking about my Mum who is very ill, and she knows I do this we have a special connection, I just did not feel like going into details as it is something that is deeply distressing right now, I have never invaded someone's personal privacy, unless I have there permission, I took a code of conduct with spirit and my mentor, a very long time ago, I can not help what I do...It started when spirit showed me others houses and items for validation...lessons in privacy I don't need, but nice to know there are others with ethics...
I also disagree with not reading mediumistically ! as it is spirit that show me what the sitter needs to see, I have many gifts that are all part of one another, I use them all in my readings as well as my art work, it is not me but spirit... to my own mind I don't work the same way others to, and I don't agree with some of the suppressed ideas and thought for something that is unique to everyone, I know myself and how I work I don't need a label to say otherwise... I don't want to be parcelled up and put in a basket, and conform to a standard belief system, I am me... and that how I work, with respect, but I am very good at what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
You're reading psychically, empathically but not mediumistically when you remote view, or doing psychometry. but one thing I will say .. look at personal responsibility, it's so wrong to just delve in and I quote or if I need to know someone is ok, I can just see what there doing and were they are. This is an invasion of privacy and as a psychic you have a responsibility NOT to use your 'gift' (for want of a better word) willy nilly. You wouldn't like it if someone read your personal diary without permission. It's the exact same thing. Sorry if this post has offended you, but I'm a stickler for respect. And that to me just isn't. Whether you know the person well or not it still doesn't give you the right to enter someones energy just to see if they are ok and what they're doing and where they are.
Namaste
Jue x
Old 15-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Scibat

I know you aren't offering, but I would love to see you do this to me and see how accurate it was.
Old 15-04-2011, 09:42 PM
surrendertotheflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
I know you aren't offering, but I would love to see you do this to me and see how accurate it was.

......ditto
Old 15-04-2011, 10:28 PM
BlueDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit72
Well i have explained the best way I can not sure why your all soooooooooooooo confused it is a simple question, I channel people naturally and some find it freaky... I have never had training for this or my Mediumship, it has just been there since I remember... I call it channelling because that's what it is, remote viewing for me is a little different...as I do this when I am reading for others... when I channel I am doing it with intention... I am bringing in other energy in order to feel and see them..

Didn't mean to make you frown. I don't find it freaky at all, it's just that the term 'channelling' tends to be used by mediums to explain passing messages for dead people, or maybe by others to express acting as a voice for an energy who isn't a living person here and now, eg an angel.

I'm interested to hear your account though since there's a small group of friends I meet with weekly and, if one of us is absent, another can often tap into the missing one's higher self and channel their voice\energy. It is different from RV in that the information comes in the way that one might ordinarily tune into energetic information, whereas RV is always (for me) more material and less etheric. In these weekly meets we will often deal with matters that others have asked for help with and that will frequently involve communicating with other living people's higher selves, usually people we don't know. It's interesting to see how much corroboration you can get later on about factual stuff you have seen or historical info that has come through, but from living people as well as those who have passed.

So, not freaky, just interesting. Sometimes it's difficult though to understand exactly what people mean in this arena because we're trying to explain etheric concepts with language which can be so limiting :)
Old 15-04-2011, 11:09 PM
spirit72

Arrow

I totally agree, but being a medium, I find it hard to keep everything neat and tidy for others to understand, I have a huge mix of gifts that make one big one... so talking to spirit well talking to the sitters higher self, and there guides all at the same time dose not have one name for it LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDragon
Didn't mean to make you frown. I don't find it freaky at all, it's just that the term 'channelling' tends to be used by mediums to explain passing messages for dead people, or maybe by others to express acting as a voice for an energy who isn't a living person here and now, eg an angel.

I'm interested to hear your account though since there's a small group of friends I meet with weekly and, if one of us is absent, another can often tap into the missing one's higher self and channel their voice\energy. It is different from RV in that the information comes in the way that one might ordinarily tune into energetic information, whereas RV is always (for me) more material and less etheric. In these weekly meets we will often deal with matters that others have asked for help with and that will frequently involve communicating with other living people's higher selves, usually people we don't know. It's interesting to see how much corroboration you can get later on about factual stuff you have seen or historical info that has come through, but from living people as well as those who have passed.

So, not freaky, just interesting. Sometimes it's difficult though to understand exactly what people mean in this arena because we're trying to explain etheric concepts with language which can be so limiting :)