Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-07-2018, 04:39 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1ng_L3ar
I hope I'm not the only one who's gotten tired of the term "higher self" or any phrase reinforcing the importance of the mythical pure ego. To me I think the Hermetic philosophers hit the nail on the head when they coined the term "the All" to describe not only G-d beyond us but also G-d who works through us and within us at the same time! Usually I refer to my "super ego" or "higher self" etc. simply as "my all". It came to me when I was watching an episode of America's Got Talent a few years ago. The contestants kept using the phrase along the lines of "I gave it my all" or "don't worry so long as you give it your all, you did your best" and so on. So for the last few years I've used the terms "my all" "your all" "their all" "our all" to describe what it's like living a post ego existence. I really like the term "my all" because it encapsulates perfectly and simultaneously the importance and movement of your life, your relationships, and your world. Beginning with the heart space all the way to your over soul. No part of you in the phrase "my all" even if it's above your immediate perception is expendable. Nor is any part of your environment expendable in the phrase "my all" because your environment is indeed a sign of your life. And the phrase also reminds us that YOU are as much part of the world of others as they are to you.

I personally don't differentiate between consciousness and spirit. IMO they are one of the same aspect of the soul. To me the higher self refers to the aspect of you that is without ego. What is ego? Ego is really nothing more than the aspect of you that has a desire for self-preservation. When you die the desire for self-preservation is relinquished. Hence the only aspect of you that remains is one that is of spirit and consciousness. There is no need for ego because you are part of the collective of source a.k.a God (G-d).

As others have said you can come up with your own nomenclature that works for you. In the Jewish tradition the "higher self" is the soul not the ego. The higher self isn't a metaphor for consciousness, it's the description of the part of you that is connected to God. When you die you will meet your higher self. The higher self is the real you. The individual you are right now is really nothing more than a dream.

You see, you and I aren't talking about the same thing.
Old 29-07-2018, 11:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulforce
I personally don't differentiate between consciousness and spirit. IMO they are one of the same aspect of the soul. To me the higher self refers to the aspect of you that is without ego. What is ego? Ego is really nothing more than the aspect of you that has a desire for self-preservation. When you die the desire for self-preservation is relinquished. Hence the only aspect of you that remains is one that is of spirit and consciousness. There is no need for ego because you are part of the collective of source a.k.a God (G-d).
That aligns with the way I 'see' things, SF. I regard what's referenced as one's 'higher' self as one's soul - the soul referencing the psychospiritual gestalt (or pattern of Being) which chooses to 'incarnate' and thereby 'identify' with a 'body' or 'self' or 'ego' which lives among and in relation to other bodies, selves, i.e. egos in order to learn and develop 'greater' consciousness/awareness/capacity for 'discernment' and 'greater' capacity to 'dance', i.e, love and enjoy and creatively/co-operatively dance-engage with other aspects of Life so as to augment the process of LIFE ITSELF - or something like that.

Last edited by davidsun : 30-07-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Old 30-07-2018, 06:38 AM
Ascender

Hello there Joe Mc.

Following your reference earlier to the poem "Among School Children" written by WB Yeats.-- I looked it up and read it. Very descriptive-- as well as with some references beyond my ken. These two lines particularly caught my eye for their gentle and affectionate acceptance of an age group now within my ken.

--"Better to smile on all that smile, and show
There is a comfortable kind of old scarecrow."--

cheers. petex
Old 30-07-2018, 02:23 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color Imag-a-nation > Imag-a-verse > Imag-a-whole Integral Set

1} The ALL: Most Comprehensive Whole{ Integral } Set
..note we leave out metaphysical-2, macro-infinite non-occupied spaceas i its is irrelevant to any concept of word/term spirit...

Spirit-1 --concepts of 2, 3 and 4 as follows--,
Spirit-2{ fermions and bosons },
Spirit-3 gravity ( ),
Spirit-4 dark energy )(.

2} Biological = soul ergo synonyms biological/soul with most complex biological being human woman and man being next in complexity ergo access to metaphysical-1{ spirit-1 } mind/intellect/concepts and all that results from that access.

...2a} Synergetic spirit-of-intent is resultant of occupied space and access to metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts and stems from ego{ I-verse } i.e. the narrative we tell ourselves about ourselves and the environment that surrounds us.

Higher frequency ^v^v tranposes/translates as higher energy on electro-magnetic spectrum.

Dead is a lower frequency than alive. Alive is more dynamic ergo higher frequency existence. I.e more energetic. Ex the saying this or that person is a real live wire. Hot, excited will give you a jolt.

Higher self translates/transposes as a person who is putting out more effort{ energy } to be considerate/contemplative, to care/compassion, to empathise/feel and to put others before self in some circumstances.

More complex transposes as having the greater ability to consider more complex integral patterns, principles and resultant integral technologies.

Humans are only creatures we know who can conceptually place themselves outside of a conceptually finite, Universe, as if they were a God, looking back in on Universe holding the conceptually whole Universe is in their conceptual hands.
Isnt imaginations wonderful? It isnt hard to do.

'IMAGINE all the people sharing all the world'...... John Lennon

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 31-07-2018, 01:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1ng_L3ar
I hope I'm not the only one who's gotten tired of the term "higher self" or any phrase reinforcing the importance of the mythical pure ego. To me I think the Hermetic philosophers hit the nail on the head when they coined the term "the All" to describe not only G-d beyond us but also G-d who works through us and within us at the same time! Usually I refer to my "super ego" or "higher self" etc. simply as "my all". It came to me when I was watching an episode of America's Got Talent a few years ago. The contestants kept using the phrase along the lines of "I gave it my all" or "don't worry so long as you give it your all, you did your best" and so on. So for the last few years I've used the terms "my all" "your all" "their all" "our all" to describe what it's like living a post ego existence. I really like the term "my all" because it encapsulates perfectly and simultaneously the importance and movement of your life, your relationships, and your world. Beginning with the heart space all the way to your over soul. No part of you in the phrase "my all" even if it's above your immediate perception is expendable. Nor is any part of your environment expendable in the phrase "my all" because your environment is indeed a sign of your life. And the phrase also reminds us that YOU are as much part of the world of others as they are to you.

This fits the whole as I see it.
Separation in humans opens up language to describe their many ways of understanding themselves in parts. As you gather and integrate those parts the 'totality' of your being in many ways becomes the sum of all things you bring into yourself as your life as your wholeness. As we often hear, the universe is within us reflected through us, so all things we consider as part of that reflection become our 'sum' of the whole. WE become the infinite measure of the greater sum aware of itself complete through its own perceived incompleteness.

We are everything where we choose to notice, everything we are.