Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 07-11-2014, 01:18 AM
Master
reincarnation and the body

Are the spirits of loved ones who appear in NDE's, guide us to crossover or communicate with mediums not yet reincarnated?
or
Once a spirit has reincarnated is it no longer able to be accessed by mediums or available to help crossover a loved one?
or
Can a spirit be in a new body while her/his old body is still making appearances to the living?
Old 07-11-2014, 03:24 AM
yumi14

Good questions. Interesting thread. I look forward to reading what people say :-)
Old 07-11-2014, 09:50 AM
Master

Just thinking that people dont usually reincarnate that quickly. Also, in soul groups they wait for each other to finish their mission before reincarnating again.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:05 AM
sunbeam

Hi Vespa68.
I've researched this a lot and found that only a small part of your soul actually comes into a physical body.
A small part that separates from the higher self.
It's totally possible to have more than one life at a time.
I know that I currently have another life on Copenhagen, she's in her early 20's now, I'm 36.
I do also have another life that's ongoing at the moment but it's not on this planet.
So, yep, loved ones can meet you when you return home, even if they have incarnated again. And yes mediums can contact people who have crossed over, even if they have also incarnated again.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:22 PM
Checkmate.

I agree with sunbeam. The ''you'' here is just a small part of a much larger spirit, so yep totally possible.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeam
Hi Vespa68.

that is not what the question was...

to be having more than one life at same time is a given, but those lives are not in identical bodies.
my question is specifically about the material body.
it requires us to go further in our thinking....
Old 07-11-2014, 11:46 PM
Master

I think only thoes souls that have not reincarnated yet will be able to meet you during an n.d.e.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeam
Hi Vespa68.
I've researched this a lot and found that only a small part of your soul actually comes into a physical body.
A small part that separates from the higher self.
I know that I currently have another life on Copenhagen, she's in her early 20's now, I'm 36.
I do also have another life that's ongoing at the moment but it's not on this planet.
So, yep, loved ones can meet you when you return home, even if they have incarnated again. And yes mediums can contact people who have crossed over, even if they have also incarnated again.

Actually I have read a lot on this too and it seems what I have read differs from what you have researched. I do know that we do leave part of our soul behind but this depends on our mission. What I understood is its usually only a small part we leave behind. The bigger our mission the more we need our energy here. Healers for example need most of their energy here. Also I read that it is very rare for us to split our soul in more than one incarnation.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:36 PM
Experiencer
I have done a fair amount of research on this subject matter and their is no one right answer to your questions. The truth regarding this is ultimately found within your understanding and perspective from which you believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer
Are the spirits of loved ones who appear in NDE's, guide us to crossover or communicate with mediums not yet reincarnated?

From my perspective and understanding - the answer to this is absolutely!. As @Sunbeam suggested - "only a small part of your soul actually comes into a physical body". In my opinion this is completely accurate.

Quote:
Once a spirit has reincarnated is it no longer able to be accessed by mediums or available to help crossover a loved one?

To further understand the eternal soul/spirit relationship - consider this. The soul is the sum of all spiritual experience. The spiritual experience is the sum of a specific life experience incarnate. Accordingly, the spirit of an incarnation exists eternally through the soul. Because of this - the spirit of an incarnation can be made available for commentary just as "your own" past life incarnation can be made available for experience and/or commentary.

Quote:
Can a spirit be in a new body while her/his old body is still making appearances to the living?

Short answer - of course :-)

I have successfully performed multiple past life regressions and read multiple books on the subject matter. This by no means makes me an expert, but it has compelled me to mediate on this quite often and does form the basis for an opinion. I have come to the conclusion that indeed each incarnation I experienced is a unique existence. I - "Semper" will only experience one physical incarnation. It is only through my soul (a super-self if you will) other instances of incarnation are exposed to me. In fact - I believe the term "reincarnation" only muddy's the water in understanding this topic because it is not what I believe is actually happening but this is another conversation all together

My point is - the spirit is instantiated from the soul. It is therefore a separate incarnation with a separate spirit, with a separate life experience unique to that incarnation. The truth of the matter is - those incarnations are not your's or mine, they are the providence of "God", the soul and spiritual experience of that incarnation. Perhaps it is in this understanding why we have "free-will." We only call them "ours" because we are fortunate to experience these life experiences (incarnations) through the soul (higher self by proxy). The spiritual experience "I am" now living is mine to do with as I will and does not belong to a past life I experienced in the 1900s or 1700s or even the middle ages, no more than those incarnate spirits I was fortunate enough to experience belong to me. Those incarnations were a separate spiritual existence and experience unique to itself. The commonality between one spiritual experience and another is only revealed through a common source of origin. I perceive this as nothing more than spiritual reality :-)

At the end of the day none of it really matters much. What matters is what we do with this information we gain through these other incarnations we have all experienced. The other life's I have experienced can only provide insight and perspective. However; I can actually do something meaningful with this life! This is the spiritual experience from which I will add to the sum of my soul understanding, just as is with your spiritual experience and your soul understanding. My ambition and motivation is to have a positive impact, to not diminish the efforts and gains other incarnations have had on my soul understanding and perhaps provide positive perspective and helpful insight for future incarnations just as the past spiritual experiences have provided insight for me.

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung

Last edited by SemperVI : 08-11-2014 at 08:45 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVI

To further understand the eternal soul/spirit relationship - consider this. The soul is the sum of all spiritual ....

What you refer to as the soul is what I call the oversoul.
When I said "soul" I meant the individual spirit.