Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 02-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Administrator
SPirit Guides and their Role ?

The term Spirit Guide generally refers to one or more “entities” who watch, teach, heal, and help you on your path in life. We have communications with them on the telepathic levels and can most times access them via mediations.

It is said that your Guides comes to you for a specific purpose in mind, creative abilities, healing issues, spiritual development.

What is the role of a Spirit Guide ?

Can they say enter your body and protect you from harm ?

Are they just there to Guide you on your life path or live it with you ?

Lynn

Old 03-10-2010, 03:30 AM
Coming2

Great topic Lynn!!

My Spirit Guide is my voice of reason, emotional healer and truest friend. I know that there are many people who believe in people having many Guides but my experience has been with only one.

I remember when I first heard the term. Although I believed in them I didnt think I was one of those "gifted" people who could ever access them. I am so grateful today to have a loving and close relationship with Rowena. She is so comforting and supportive. When ever I am dealing with a tough issue she is right there to Guide me down the right path...sometimes that path is hard but knowing that every moment has a purpose makes even the worst time seem bearable.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Greenslade

I don't believe it's about Spirit Guides having roles. Do you like having any relationship dictated to you? Your friend/partner/dog next door should act/do/say.......

I believe our relationships with our Guides are entirely personal and it's between you and your Guide to set any parameters. One of my Guides loves rock music and air guitar and if that brings him here then let's rock it, baby.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:00 AM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
The term Spirit Guide generally refers to one or more “entities” who watch, teach, heal, and help you on your path in life. We have communications with them on the telepathic levels and can most times access them via mediations.

It is said that your Guides comes to you for a specific purpose in mind, creative abilities, healing issues, spiritual development.

Lynn

I agree with Coming2, my Spirit Guide is my voice of reason, emotional healer and truest friend. Whisper (what I call her) came to me over 3 years ago as a teacher guide. She talks to me telepathically and when it's time to learn, it's time to learn, lol. She is very brilliant, talks to me about what I need to be paying attention to, how I can go about focusing more on what are the main things I need to learn.

She is a calming voice and I miss her when she has other things to do (she recently went missing). I have met other guides briefly, but Whisper is my main guide and her role is a constant teacher. She guides me but can't make me follow, but will repeat herself at times until I pay attention.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:27 AM
santacruz18

Hello earthprowler, did you connect with your guide right away?
Old 07-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Misscpb

Angel1

Quote:

Lynn

Hi Lynn

I agree with the definition of a spirit guide. As for whether they enter your body and protect you from harm, maybe they can. I know I have been guided very much and protected in life.

I suppose as well as them guiding you in life, they also learn something new as well.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:09 PM
grazier

Color

Quote:

Lynn

Hello Lynn,

In my understanding and experience we have Spirit Guides, which as you say are our teachers and are with us for a specific purpose, to teach us s specific thing or they are with us while we go through a particular stage or level of understanding and learning experience (spiritual not material) - these Guides change once we have learned all they can teach us - a bit like school really, different teachers for different subjects and different grades.

Some of them stay with us to aid us with inspiration for a certain creative gift, until we are adept with it, or they may be assigned to us for quite a long time.

We have a Doorkeeper and this is a special Guide/Friend/Protector who never changes. We have arranged with them in the Realms of Light before we left, that they would fulfill our role. They are the ones that most people are thinking of when they talk about their Guides or Spirit Guides.

We also have a Guardian Angel that is always with us, guarding us and guiding us along our Divine Pathway. There are also other Angels 'around' who we can call upon for aid.

I know first hand that Guides change and are our teachers because a very strange set of happenings, or synchronicities, occurred over a period of years which culminated in the proof that this was so.

It all started when I was 14 years old. I found that I could draw and I used to love to draw faces. I got my mum to buy me a large sketchpad and some different sketching pencils and charcoal. I went gaily through the pad drawing faces to my hearts content. I thought no more of it and kept the pad, which I still have to this day, complete. This happened in 1962.

Then two things happened in 1990. Firstly I had been asking to meet my guide for a long time in meditation but nothing seemed to happen. Then one day I was meditating ( I had given up asking by then) when Suddenly I was told that I had four main guides with me teaching me different things - I had Chang who was with me and helped me with painting, drawing and creating, I had Amun-mane-re with me for my past lives records, Grey Wolf, a Native American Indian who was with me helping me with healing of various sorts and Rama who was my Doorkeeper (with my throughout this incarnation, never leaving my side).
After this I found it easier to see them and communicate with them.

The next thing that happened was a little while after that when my daughter asked me to find out who/what she was in a past incarnation. When I meditated I asked this question and the answer that I was given was 'Go and look at the pictures that you drew when you were 14.' Therefore, naturally, when I came out of meditation I did just that and what I found was eight pictures that were different guises of the same face, also amongst them I had drawn a Native American Indian with an eye faintly sketched in on his forehead. I knew that this was Grey Wolf. I drew the pictures when we lived in Wiltshire, I knew nothing about Indians or psychic matters, let alone the third eye. I found out about the pictures when I lived in Kent.

I always kept Grey Wolf's picture on the wall wherever I was ( I still have it up in the bedroom now), but I had found that whenever I tried to communicate with Grey Wolf I kept getting Grey Bear. I said no, it is Grey Wolf but I could not make contact, so in the end I conceded defeat and changed my thoughts to Grey Bear, but unable to see him, I though I must have been mistaken all this time.

I took a little Unit in a craft centre in 1995-6 where I did Tarot Readings, made jewellery, painted things and gave advice and counselling. I had the picture up on the wall in the unit. Alongside the Unit was a corridor and I had a window out onto the corridor. One day I was sitting there busy sewing and this woman stopped and looked in the window. She was looking at the notice-board and stood there for a while. She moved on and a little while later came back with a younger woman. They knocked on the door. When I opened it the older woman shouted at me 'What are you doing with a picture of my Guide? Where did you get it?' I told her that I had drawn it when I was a teenager and that it was my Guide. She wouldn't have it and said she had had him with her for a year and that she has painted pictures of him and sculpted statuettes of him - with that same face. I realized then what had happened - I had been shown that he had left me and gone to someone else. My healing methods had indeed changed from basic spiritual healing and healing of the body to healing of the mind because I was also a psychoanalyst at the time and the following year I opened a therapy business in that vein. Grey Bear had stepped in when I made the change from body to mind healing.

This is how I know that what I say is correct - from my own experience.

Blessings

grazier
Old 07-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Experiencer
I loved reading your post Grazier. I have also believed that once a guide has been with us for a period of time, for whatever reasons, whatever we have to learn, they do move on, a new guide moves in and so continues.
I suppose you can liken it to teachers in a school. We start of very basic and over the years different teachers come into our lives to teach us different things, during those years we advance.
If you can understand what I mean :)
Old 07-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Master
Spirit Guide Sparrow and I have posted our slightly differing perspectives on the role of angels and guides in our human lives, at: Doorkeepers, Spirit Guides and Angels - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4153

Xan

Old 08-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Coming2

Thanks Xan!! Your words definitely resonated more truth for me..