Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-03-2012, 03:21 AM
Master
Then that goes against the mustard seed analogy that ye only need the faith of a mustard seed. How can you not have doubt?

I knew a man who had complete faith that God was going to heal his wife from breast cancer. he would not allow her to see a regular doctor. He would only pray for her and when her cancer started oozing out of her breasts, or infection, pus, whatever...and her pain was so great, he told her that her sin must have been so great that caused the cancer, but now the pain and therefore, she must endure.

He had people come and pray over her frequently...when she died, he still would not give up on his deep belief that
God would heal her, but now would not only heal her, but resurrect her. God didn't. So why didn't it happen? He believed so strongly, why didn't god heal her. Why wasn't his prayers answered?

If I pray for my mom's cancer to go away, will it, it I tell myself over and over I do believe, I do believe, I do believe?

Will I be forever joyful if I believe it without a shred of doubt. How about if I pray that God takes away my doubt? Can a prayer like that be answered? God, I have doubt, I don't want doubt...please free me of doubt.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
You either have faith or you don't, if you need to reinforce your faith, then its not really faith, is it ?.

Faith can grow despite the common human habit of doubt.

The more we take the risk of opening in a little feeling of trust, the more evidence comes that we really can have faith.

Prayer opens us to receive, when we allow it to.

Xan

Old 01-03-2012, 03:40 AM
Master
As for How our prayers are answered it doesn't always, or even often, come in the way we hoped or expected.

Maybe everyone has heard this story:

A preacher always spoke about how great was his faith in God.

In his town there was a huge rain storm and flood. His friends and neighbors were getting out in boats, and called to him, "Come on with us!" He said, "No, I have faith that God will save me."

The water was rising and he had to go to the second floor to stay above it. Another boat came along and the people cried, "Preacher, Come with us now!" "No" he said, "I know God will save me."

As the waters rose higher he climbed onto the roof of his house. A helicopter came by and threw down the rope ladder. "Climb up! There isn't much time left!" "Oh no, God will save me."

The waters kept rising and the preacher was swept away and drowned.

He went to heaven and there he saw God. He said, "I've always had such faith in you. Why didn't you save me from the flood?"

God said, "I sent you two boats and a helicopter. What did you expect?"

Xan

Old 01-03-2012, 03:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Faith can grow despite the common human habit of doubt.

The more we take the risk of opening in a little feeling of trust, the more evidence comes that we really can have faith.

Prayer opens us to receive, when we allow it to.

Xan
Hi Xan, well for me, when I stopped praying, my life changed, everything seems to just fall in place, of course sometimes it doesn't, but that is life, I cling to neither.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:08 AM
Master
Well yes, Robbie... but you're one of those rare ones with sudden e... ummm...... you know.

Xan

Old 01-03-2012, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
As for How our prayers are answered it doesn't always, or even often, come in the way we hoped or expected.
Xan
I don't take an opposite view from you too often, Xan, Ha!
But this time I have to.

Prayers can and do come exactly in the way we asked - amazingly so -
right down to the hair color or the make.

And it is this type of thinking - that they 'don't always' or
don't 'often' come the way we hoped that is a block to them manifesting.

(This feels funny saying the opposite as you! LOL!)

Another part of the formula, part 2: Believe and receive. (100%)

And for the record - I don't pray much either (except in spontaneous praise and thanksgiving)- I think it - it happens..at this point.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-03-2012, 04:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Well yes, Robbie... but you're one of those rare ones with sudden e... ummm...... you know.

Xan
I see what you are saying, mums the word.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:14 AM
Master
Yep it's funny, Miss H, because we are both faithniks
just with different ways the divine plays with us.

Xan

Old 01-03-2012, 04:52 AM
Master
Prayers are a powerful tool in Hinduism to connect the God rapidly. Yoga darshan says, “iswarpranidhanadwa” means also by surrendering To God, Yogi can attain Yoga. I achieved answers for all my prayers. I never pray for material things, I always pray for Bhakti, Gyan and Vairagya.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I don't take an opposite view from you too often, Xan, Ha!
But this time I have to.

Prayers can and do come exactly in the way we asked - amazingly so -
right down to the hair color or the make.

And it is this type of thinking - that they 'don't always' or
don't 'often' come the way we hoped that is a block to them manifesting.

(This feels funny saying the opposite as you! LOL!)

Another part of the formula, part 2: Believe and receive. (100%)

And for the record - I don't pray much either (except in spontaneous praise and thanksgiving)- I think it - it happens..at this point.

You pray down to details and you get what you pray for.............yes, we all have expereinced this, most not always though. The thing is what actually happened may not be because "God" answered you. It may simply be showing us the power of the mind and the connection we all have to one another and life itself.
We can experience ANYTHING........including answered prayers.

James