Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 03-10-2018, 03:58 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Be careful. That is as extreme and unhelpful a response as claiming all new age teaching is 100% accurate.

Im starting to think new age might be a psy ops to just mislead people, or partly, but ok to be fair as iv said before that with some religions there can be alot of unhelpful dogma or things, then underneath all that there is normally good parts, with new age iv found the self love stuff helpful before to some extent, but other then that i find it to be quiet out of balanced overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I just realised that it isn't the 'new wage'.

lol. Hey gemma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
LOL. That ol' 'mote' in the eye phenom shows itself again! Viewing things through a 'dirty' lens can be quite truth-distorting.

As far as I can see, Nature Grows was not claiming that all New Age teachings were 'inaccurate' - rather, she was 'carefully' (IMO) addressing a specific one in said 'pantheon'.

Yea i never said its all false teachings in my post, i didn't use that sentence, i think some are purposely false, incomplete and or distorted within the new age though.

By the way.. why does every one think im a chick lol..

Quote:
If pointing out that "To attack another is to attack and damage YOURSELF" is considered false new age teaching, what the heck do we call Bigfoot, Bermuda Triangle and the like?

Those are some of my oldest threads on this website from when i first came, most of my threads are from years back, other threads on this site of mine have been deleted and i don't really make threads too often these days, now what those three things are is... one was a discussion about big foots, Sasquatch ect.., the mermaid one was about the Dogon tribe and there stories of fish like people and how they knew about sirius b before modern day scientist did and the bermuda triangle one is asking what do people think about it? there was no teaching in any of them, they were talks about topics not telling people how to act, which is ok people can discuss that stuff too but if you do and someone thinks its not helpful to others, what they have shared, they can say so too, so thats the difference. :)

Quote:
And you got it mixed up, again. Nature Grows SPECIFICALLY made the (incorrect) claim that happy soul's post "is telling people they are wrong for defending themselves or others". happy soul said no such thing. That is Nature Grows who is projecting.

And i also said this... (below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
even if you did not mean it like that, some would take what you said as that and may even act accordingly..

Good night fellas its 1 30 am here Atm.

Last edited by Nature Grows : 03-10-2018 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-10-2018, 04:33 PM
Master
Quote:
By the way.. why does every one think im a chick lol..
Sorry about that NG, I could have discovered the 'truth' in that regard if I had visited your Profile page. Didn't out of 'laziness' (no excuse) and 'time' (not a full excuse) considerations. Just made 'lazy' assumptions because of the 'associations' I (wrongfully) made between your screen name with 'naturesflow'.
Old 03-10-2018, 04:38 PM
Master
Back to your OP, Happy Soul - the following quote of what 'The Apostle' Paul said (in II Timothy, Ch.2) touches on the issue you raise, I think:

The servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will."
Old 03-10-2018, 09:09 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Sorry about that NG, I could have discovered the 'truth' in that regard if I had visited your Profile page. Didn't out of 'laziness' (no excuse) and 'time' (not a full excuse) considerations. Just made 'lazy' assumptions because of the 'associations' I (wrongfully) made between your screen name with 'naturesflow'.

It's fine, no worries, like I said your not the only one.. I've met naturesflow in real life, she's a nice person.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:37 AM
Master
Quote:
And i also said this... (below)
Okay then, I see that. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:08 PM
Master
To Happy Soul, qualifying my Paul-quote: "The servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will."

... I think such an attitude/approach doesn't 'have' a 'chance' of possibly leading to a Life-serving outcome in relation to severely 'misdirected' and 'perversely motivated' folks, in which cases, the very opposite of 'gentleness' and 'patience' and 'meekness' may be called for (in service of Life). On has to make 'sudgment calls' in such regards.

An extreme example: The 'approach' Paul advocated would be 'wrong' in the case of someone who was/is 'rapaciously' intent on 'getting away' with murder, deception, unconscionable domination and exploitation, etc. - that is if one had the power to stop/preclude or socially deter, even forcefully if necessary, in order to dissuade them from doing so.

Their best 'chance' of 'repenting' (rethinking) their ways may be if and when and while shunned, imprisoned, exiled, sent into an afterlife, etc.

Paul also said: "Let no man deceive you [I would add "or others"] with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them." for instance.