Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 19-08-2014, 04:43 PM
Administrator
Finding Privacy in a Separation

Hello

Lately I have been struggling with the issues of privacy in the separation I am working towards. Its interesting how you start to re claim your body and your personal space in places like the bathroom. Though the mate I have is not getting that aspect. "feels its all HIS" so he can go and come as he pleases.

It feels like an invasion by an army as I am hugely empathic, he does it knowing it bothers me a great deal. Its not easy this selling the house separation thing. I have a whole new compassion for those facing the same or that have faced it. Trying to find that balance is not easy.

So whom else is maybe in this place or has faced this and survived it in tack. Right now I feel showered but not showed when I take one if that makes sense.

I know its all part of the process and that there are spiritual growth lessons here to learn from and grow from.
Lynn
Old 23-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Lorelyen

My view for what it's worth is that you really can't start to reclaim your individuality and privacy until separated.

It sounds as if your attempts to change the parameters of a relationship are meeting with resistance which, in a way, is to be expected unless the other person is equally concerned to do the same. Two people lodging together. It would work/be like if it had started like that but if the relationship had prior depths/involvements it isn't going to be easy.

All good wishes though. No doubt spiritual lessons will come with amelioration.
Old 23-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
My view for what it's worth is that you really can't start to reclaim your individuality and privacy until separated.

I agree with this statement. I completely removed myself from the home when I went through a separation. It really is unhealthy for sometime to swallow the tension and negative energy, and for safety reasons too. You never know when someone is going to "snap". Silence does speak volumes, it's a calm before the storm. Please be careful!

Hoping your home sells quickly!
Old 26-08-2014, 10:52 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen

I agree with the above too. To form a new kind of relationship with another, you need the space to be able to do it otherwise the ways the other is trying to interact, are quite unlikely to change.
Old 26-08-2014, 01:13 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueClover
I agree with this statement. I completely removed myself from the home when I went through a separation. It really is unhealthy for sometime to swallow the tension and negative energy, and for safety reasons too. You never know when someone is going to "snap". Silence does speak volumes, it's a calm before the storm. Please be careful!

Hoping your home sells quickly!

Yes, this makes sense....but if your situation doesn't allow for you to live separately for now...just remain mindful that it's transitory and maybe your learning to be relaxed in this situation will make him realize that he's not having the impact that he'd hoped for and ease up on that behavior.