Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 11-08-2014, 06:54 PM
vickyinthesky

Rejecting a friend

For just under a year I've been friends with a guy. On a night out, he drunkenly came onto me, which I rejected. He apologised the next day and I forgave him. We've still been hanging out ever since, but in the more recent months I am pretty sure he has developed feelings for me. He texts me all the time, listens to the same music as me and has even started eaten vegetarian food. As much as there's nothing wrong with this, it still makes me feel very uncomfortable. I only see him as friend and nothing more. I have started pushing him away and feel terrible about it.
What is the best thing to do in this situation?
Old 11-08-2014, 07:38 PM
Ascender

I advise you to just be open to him and tell him how you truly feel.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Administrator
I would say to you to speak to him be straight with telling him you see him as a friend nothing more, not saying anything might give him the impression that you are interested.

Namaste
Old 12-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Seeker
From past experiences being on the other end, the best thing you can do for him is give him the respect and to just be honest with him. This way he can then deal with that rejection in his own way rather than constantly questioning, "does she, doesn't she?" which overtime can cause great pain. So if I was in your situation I would let him know that while you will always be there as a friend, you just don't see your relationship being intimate.

While at first he may feel hurt with the honest rejection and may seem stand offish or whatever, he will eventually be thankful for your honesty when his emotions have settled.
Old 16-08-2014, 04:49 AM
jacobwhite08

Thanks for the advice. Honesty will always be the best answer