Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 06-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Ascender
Could be a defense mechanism to hide emotions.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:18 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbridge
You said pink?
Thats why I feel so drawn to pink color..
Yeahhhh ... pink, the colour of the heart chakra (according to what I've learned) and one of the most spiritually powerful energy colours I can think of! in my personal experience I meditate on the colour pink when doing any healing, forgiveness, or Twin Flame work.
Old 14-08-2014, 08:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialKel5
Hi,
I recently read a book called The Sociopath Next Door by Martha Stout. It was written in 2005 and back then by her studies, 1 in every 25 people are sociopaths, no empathy, narcissitic, no compassion, selfish....everything but they don't kill people. I believe that number is higher now in 2014.

K

I too have read this book and have also studied criminal psych. in college and feel like I want to point out that this number is not right. There is also much contention and debate in the field about the difference b/t a psycho and a socio- path. Between 1 and 2 % is the correct number in terms of psychopathy and prisons contain about a combined 20% sociopath/psychopath population. And sociopaths certainly kill, maybe more so than psychopaths in fact due to the former's very weak self control and violent impulsiveness.

There is also something (theorized) called acquired or learned sociopathy in relation to prison life, where the stresses and conditions of one's circumstance makes a prisoner feel forced to adapt accordingly for considerations of survival and self preservation, even if it would not be a person's natural inclination of personality or disposition to be that way.

It has been argued recently with the advent of the internet, facebook, txt messaging and smart phones, etc. and with less face to face interaction that the population is becoming increasingly narcissistic, so there may be something to that but is it the culture rather than the technology on some level? If people use these things for shallow means, then regardless of which medium or format used that's the way it will be.

Also people in crowds, mobs and groups act much differently than they do as individuals; the proverbial mob mentality is more powerful and persuasive than many tend to give it credit for. Just imagine public hangings in the past, that seems pretty cold to me. Death as entertainment, I guess it hasn't changed all that much in many ways. People love their action and horror films.

Takes real courage to stay true to oneself in the face of the social pressure, and in many ways it cannot be escaped although there is good with the bad, so to escape it altogether is not the way to go either imo. Which social and anti-social traits do we wish to embody? It is true there seems to be a lot of coldness from people out there lately; but when it comes down to it i still believe in the goodness of people more than the bad, although there is both in all of us.

Another rambling post, need to keep it more concise, the editing alone on this post took far too long.
Old 14-08-2014, 04:20 PM
Ascender

I for one understand why people are so cold. I do it all the time. Although just to be saying, I am like this to MOST people. I am selective to who I become cold to because it is a test to them. If they are able to persuade me from cold to warm, then they must be really special to do so.

But right now, as I type this, I'm cold because its a defense mechanism of my inner feelings. Not necessarily my heart chakra blocked and all that, I just want to be cold so I don't appear hurt.