Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 30-04-2011, 02:49 AM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Thanks James, TzuJanLi, din and Mathew James, for adding great insights here. Wish y'all a peaceful weekend and may stop by the thread here tomorrow or Sunday. Blessings.
Old 30-04-2011, 02:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Karlos
I hear you, brother James. That's it! I "disabled" the Why in the original post up there, putting the emphasis on Self-appreciation, well-being. The "True Self" as I intuitively know it is not about degrees nor polarity of any kind. It makes no comparison between anyone whatsoever. It is simply about an inner recognition of What we all Are in Essence. That's it. That, of course, is equivalent to the "All" and "All-That-Is" that is intuitively referred to.

Nice!
We truly to 'see' each other my brother. Your energy is like looking into a mirror for me. That is quite a treat for me.
Have a great weekend!
James
Old 30-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Simon Karlos

"There is beauty in the birds and in the animals. They too eat and drink like us, mate and multiply; but there is this difference: we can realize our true nature, the Atman. Having been born as human beings, we must not waste this opportunity. At least for a few seconds every day, we must enquire as to who we are. It is no use taking a return ticket over and over again. From birth to death, and death to birth is ‘samsara.’ But really we have no birth and death. We must realize that." —Sri Anandamayi Ma ("The Blissful Mother")
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sri Anandamayi Ma.jpg (37.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 30-04-2011, 11:25 PM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Your drone is becoming irrelevant, Din.. no longer amusing, it's desperation, and yours, are just glaring examples of someone seeking to validate their identity, 'Din' seeking relevance.. stop preaching, stop dodging honest dialogue, stop.. oh, nevermind, its just easier to ignore you.. you delude yourself that any attention, even the negative attention given to your absurdities, is better than no attention.. which is why you return, again and again..

Be well, Din.. all else is, regardless of your sermons..

i think we should kiss and make up
Old 01-05-2011, 05:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by din
I appreciate the new tone of this thread and find it heartwarming
awakening however, in my own experience, even though it brings deep feelings of peace is not just about love and joy … it's about being free, free to be who you are, to express as you do, in the way you do, it's about allowing the present moment to be as it is

so the personality is what it is and expresses in the way it does, there's no problem with that here, after all, it helped to spawn this thread

it's about love, but love of the truth
Why do you assume that others here are not expressing their love of the truth, in the way they do, just like you … why put yourself on a pedestal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by din
[its] not some idea we have about how wonderful and sugar coated reality is ... it's about surrender of all that you think and all that you are

Why try and encourage others to believe your ideas when you continually discourage 'ideas' in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by din
is there a person here that's part of a whole?
What do you mean by a ‘person’ din? And also part of a whole what? What are you making reference to there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by din
or is that just more interpretation by a now, spiritualized ego?

and when i read something like this:

Quote:Tzu
"Hi WS: First, a very humble thanks for the kind words, but.. i truly "stand on the shoulders of giants", advancing their clarity forward.."

Are you not 'standing on the shoulders' of your beloved giants of choice, Ramana Maharshi and Neale Donald Walsch, and the many others who you have quoted and promoted, trying to encourage others to ‘awaken,’ and gain more clairty, like you claim you have, after reading their material, which you continue to share here on the boards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by din
c'mon people shake yourselves hard!

you've seen through the facade of interpretation by thoughts

don't fall back into it again!

stay aware and present!

that is the only truth!

Ok, sure, but only if you join us ... we can all wake up together then lol ... friends?

Last edited by sound : 01-05-2011 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Karlos
"There is beauty in the birds and in the animals. They too eat and drink like us, mate and multiply; but there is this difference: we can realize our true nature, the Atman. Having been born as human beings, we must not waste this opportunity. At least for a few seconds every day, we must enquire as to who we are. It is no use taking a return ticket over and over again. From birth to death, and death to birth is ‘samsara.’ But really we have no birth and death. We must realize that."[/b] —Sri Anandamayi Ma ("The Blissful Mother")

Lovely Simon and very timely for me just quietly :) ... I like that wonderful woman lol
Old 01-05-2011, 05:16 PM
din

Quote:
sound wrote:

"Are you not 'standing on the shoulders' of your beloved giants of choice, Ramana Maharshi and Neale Donald Walsch, and the many others who you have quoted and promoted, trying to encourage others to ‘awaken,’ and gain more clairty, like you claim you have, after reading their material, which you continue to share here on the boards?"

this is the crux of the matter sound

this is NOT about what i think

it's NOT about what others have said in the past

it's about experience, you could say it's about being a mystic, about living the truth as your experience

and what is that experience?

that experience that the real truth is the aware presence in which ALL phenomenon is unfolding,

it is NOT about the interpretation of what all the phenomena is about, about you being a separate person, and then there the world out there, and other people that you have to deal with... this is all just the more mind stuff, just a story being told in time

it's about the living experience of being STILL, of being the AWARE SPACE in which all phenomena arise

so no, it's not about anyone else, or anything anyone else has said, although these pointers can help make sense of the new experience, but it's the new experience, the letting go of thought completely, and seeing reality as it is, not as you THINK it is

can you see now that just talking about this useless

you have to have the experience of freedom

you have to want it (more than continuing with your old story)

because the new experience has to completely destroy or "see through" the old experience
Old 01-05-2011, 05:28 PM
din

Quote:
sound wrote:

Ok, sure, but only if you join us ... we can all wake up together then lol ... friends?

it's about wanting the truth more than wanting to be friends, being friends is the old paradigm

being One is the new one...

i don't like to sugar coat things the way you guys do here, it's doesn't feel right for me

truth is not something that can really be shared, truth IS the aware space in which all posts appear in/as

it's non compromising and doesn't give a high diddle about what ideas are being expressed in these threads

even all my ideas of truth do a poor job except but to point to this AWARE SPACE

that's all any of us can do

so how many posts out of the hundreds or thousands showing up here are pointing to the AWARE SPACE, to the NOW, to the PRESENT MOMENT as Eckhart calls it?

but of course the bottom line is, this AWARE SPACE, simple IS,

and talking about it, or even needing to point to it, or to realize it as your own true nature, is simply more ideas, more story...
Old 01-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by din
it's about wanting the truth more than wanting to be friends, being friends is the old paradigm

being One is the new one...

i don't like to sugar coat things the way you guys do here, it's doesn't feel right for me

truth is not something that can really be shared, truth IS the aware space in which all posts appear in/as

it's non compromising and doesn't give a high diddle about what ideas are being expressed in these threads

even all my ideas of truth do a poor job except but to point to this AWARE SPACE

that's all any of us can do

so how many posts out of the hundreds or thousands showing up here are pointing to the AWARE SPACE, to the NOW, to the PRESENT MOMENT as Eckhart calls it?

but of course the bottom line is, this AWARE SPACE, simple IS,

and talking about it, or even needing to point to it, or to realize it as your own true nature, is simply more ideas, more story...

Hello Din,

This response caught my attention.

I feel a slight fustration(?) or is it enthusiasm to share what may have been revealed to you.

Just sharing here. I have been in what I term state of being. With in this space there is no thoughts and it appeared to be just white light. (as best as I can describe). Even these words don't describe it. So I can follow what you are saying in that respect.

But I return to this physical existence and experience. So what comes to me is that while experiencing/living this physical existence and while being in this physical realm/world this is what I am to do.

That space of "awareness" is/been always there it is not separate from this physical experience it is of it. The trick for me, at times is finding the balance.

In essence/being I can agree one is more then this. Perhaps that is some of paradox that our logical mind can not comprehend. For, to me the logical mind says it is either this or that, one is either this self or not, can not be both.

As I see it we are both, right here, right now.

Now you might say this is all just words and yes, but it is the only way I can communicate these thoughts. Yes they are thoughts, which put together as best how I can describe this to you. Yes it is a description, but how else can I convey what I experience. So. to me, this is some of the paradox.

I will use this analogy, One can not know what a garden is like just by a description, one has to experience the garden. But one can not share what one has experienced in the garden with others without describing the experience.

Through describing one may inspire another to go explore the garden.

So Perhaps that is what is done here.

Just sharing how I see it. Bottom line could be just go out and live it.

Peace
Old 02-05-2011, 04:24 AM
din

Quote:
Moonglow wrote:

That space of "awareness" is/been always there it is not separate from this physical experience it is of it. The trick for me, at times is finding the balance.

in my own experience i would never talk about finding a balance or doing anything else for that matter

this is the old paradigm, of being a somebody who has to do something

the new paradigm is everything simply is as it is, and unfolds intelligently moment by moment with no one really needing to do anything since there's really no one to do anything

the bottom line is that any idea of being a someone is simply that, just an idea on steroids, that appears to have taken on a life of it's own, but it's actually only a thought

so wake up to the fact that you are not who you think you are, and then stay awake, don't go back into a dream of being a spiritual someone who can or can't do things, discriminate, etc... it's all just more thought, more delusion

let me come back to the course in miracles quote:

"nothing real can be threatened

nothing unreal exists

therein lies the peace of God"

the real that can't be threatened is awareness itself, or consciousness, or spirit perhaps

it's not a "thing" it does exist but does not exist as an "object" or appearance, it is the aware space in which all appearances arise

the nothing unreal that appears to exist, is you and me and the world as we perceive it, this is just thought in the mind

this is who you think needs to have a balance, this isn't true, no balance is required, the earth and all creatures on it have existed since the beginning of time in perfect balance, do you really think you can do a better job of it?

existence itself is intelligent and alive, it is awareness itself, there is no other, it's all One

but existence is simply a thought, powered by awareness, the only thing real in whole equation

it's all the mind of God

including this post and the person reading it