Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-06-2017, 01:45 PM
Master
Where Did All The Love Go?

I'm not talking about loving one another, or loving the planet or any type of altruistic love.

A lot of people are disheartened, skeptical, judgmental, critical...lost.

Between PM's asking me to 'prove to me that you can talk to God' and other threads saying 'I hate my life and want to die'...all I can ask is, "my friend, have you ever felt what it is like to be in love?"

Maybe people have...and they have been hurt...can't feel it anymore, but it seems like they have closed themselves totally off, to their own detriment.

Don't they remember the actual feeling? the whole joy of it? before things went south...before the hurt set in?

It's like a small child being amazed and in awe of everything...logic goes totally out the window and there's a freedom of spirit...a total wholeness and unity of being...of existing IN that space of love.

Maybe some others have never felt it before and that's a shame, but they become cold and cynical towards it and won't allow themselves to feel it, even though it's bashing the door of their heart down...tearing them apart.

Just take a few moments to feel what you felt or you were feeling when you first 'fell in love' and then, if you can, let yourself go deep into it and even deeper still.

Don't try and feel it, don't think about feeling it - I'm sure you never tried or thought about it when it first happened....don't even think of a person when you allow yourself to feel it...and yes, I just said allow yourself to feel it.

For some, it may be hard because of all the defenses that need breaking down first, but unless you start to knock down the walls and get in touch with that core...that little flame within the cavern of your heart, you'll never know...you'll never get there to pour a bit of gas on that little, flickering flame that's almost dying out.

Then, if you can feel what it is like to love, go deep into it and let the love feed off itself until it becomes an all-consuming passion. Then you can start to 'follow your bliss' because bliss itself will lead you.

I can 'prove it' if people will open up and let me, if they allow me to hold up a mirror to their soul, but they don't want to look at it...if only they could, they wouldn't need to even ask because they could prove it for themselves.

The child within is crying...it needs a hug...it needs you to show how much you are capable of loving, even if you have to suspend your harsh, critical mind for only a second to do it.

One second is all it takes...then you can go back to being who you were before, but you'll find after that one second things have changed and you won't be afraid anymore.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:18 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
We are the music makers, we are the dreamer of the dreams
And Please! Don't hate yourself if you can't

But maybe ponder what pushed you to read this thread in the first place

P.S. Simply the act of giving that inner child a hug can be soooo healing :)
(maybe expect some water works)
Old 01-06-2017, 06:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
A lot of people are disheartened, skeptical, judgmental, critical...lost.
The two sides...

The world is a lot more difficult to live in today than it was when you and I were growing up. I related something yesterday: I left home at 17 and went hitch-hiking with 20 bucks in my pocket. You could do that back then because you could a get a job anywhere, anytime. Also today, things are owned and run by corporations. There is a human element and a hopeful quality to living in this world, that has definitely been lost.

That said, internet social platforms are to critics and complainers, what a lawn is to chemical fertilizer. Never in the history of this planet have so many, complained about so much, while lounging in the comfort of their computer-desk chair or typing on their iPhone at the sushi bar. It's easy as pie to be critical when there are no consequences. Thirty years ago, if you said something to someone, you had to say it to their face. You had to be accountable. And you had to be diplomatic. And you had to behave. Not today.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Just take a few moments to feel what you felt or you were feeling when you first 'fell in love' and then, if you can, let yourself go deep into it and even deeper still.
My memory's not that good It is so easy to forget the feeling of love, for me at least - I felt it the other day, for the first time in quite a while, and I was like, 'Oh yeah, that's what it feels like! I'd totally forgotten!'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
That said, internet social platforms are to critics and complainers, what a lawn is to poisonous fertilizer. Never in the history of this planet have so many, complained about so much, while lounging in the comfort of their computer-desk chair or typing on their iPhone at the sushi bar. It's easy as pie to be critical when there are no consequences. Thirty years ago, if you said something to someone, you had to say it to their face. You had to be accountable. And you had to be diplomatic. And you had to behave. Not today.
Well, you could always write them a scathing epistle, or else send them a telegram ('YOU STOP ROTTER STOP') But yeah, I take your point, online anonymity does often bring out the worst in people (the Youtube comments section can be a complete toilet, just as one example).
Old 01-06-2017, 07:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
or else send them a telegram ('YOU STOP ROTTER STOP')
Okay right. But remember that's when phoning across the country cost a day's wages, and so people only phoned and sent telegrams to each other on holidays. Today you just hit speed-dial, leave a nasty voicemail, then put them on block.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator
It's interesting to read your thread Necromancer because I was contemplating the exact same thing yesterday, and sat/walked for hours with the question. So much so, that I was not even hungry at dinnertime which is weird for me. So what I'm saying is, the question seemed more important than even eating food.

I was led to a conclusion that Love is purely a vibrational state of Being. Love as a frequency exists, and we harmonise with it until our own energy pattern vibrates at the same 'speed' or frequency.
When we match rhythm with that energy we are overwhelmingly happy, and that is the effect of that frequency on our systems. When we are 'in it' it is 'being in love' in a huge way. The energy encompasses so many others also as well as ourselves automatically. Not just humans but all sentient Beings, all forms of existence, all shapes, colours, sounds and anything else you can imagine....etc.

When humans 'fall in love' with another they get good glimpses of how that is, but in a fairly stepped-down form. But wow! That feels so lovely!
And then when the object of their affection -or the stimulus which caused them to attune to that frequency -suddenly hurts or betrays them, leaves, dies, or the being-in-love grinds away to pretty humdrum life....they feel they can't reach that state again, and may feel disillusioned.

That level has such a strong effect on us because under general consciousness while on Earth it can be hard to find. The usual levels of consciousness are denser than that Love frequency. So it seems like a bit of a magical state needing special conditions to participate in. And when it is experienced it is usually only for a short time.

Strangely, the discovery that we are actually all capable of reaching that frequency can be hard to believe.
Purity of intent (i.e. a single-pointed force of attunement which has no other 'substance' within it): Training daily, and willingness to also attune to the manifestations of that energy wherever they occur (that means being genuinely willing to think and do in accordance with that energy as much as possible) can go a long way to being able to reach that state quite often!

Love is a frequency.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:20 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Thirty years ago, if you said something to someone, you had to say it to their face. You had to be accountable. And you had to be diplomatic. And you had to behave. Not today.

I agree with much of what you said, the world has and is continually changing and becoming more complex, then there are some who just can't see how lucky they already are (which of course stems from something). But a thought to consider on the quote above... even though we seem to be witnessing more nastiness, at least seeing that side of people allows us a greater power to choose what energies we allow into our lives.

Is any single angry response a total representation of who that individual is? Likely not. But if this year has taught us anything, it's that just because we haven't been seeing something for a while doesn't mean it hasn't been festering under the surface...

Some from the past may have truly attempted to be diplomatic, accountable, and be on their best behavior (shoot, people still do that now), but I also think a lot of people probably just lied to each others face and then gossiped about it when that person wasn't looking. If we all effect each other on an energetic level, then having more knowledge of what energies are within individuals around us gives us back the power to consent on allowing such an energy to influence us. I love my parents, but I've noticed the difference in my energy just by not physically being around them and the energy of their imposing expectations all the time .

I feel the greatest threat to our own happiness is living by anothers expectations. For example, so many of us are unhappy because at some point in our life (usually early childhood) we were told not to cry, or we were ignored when we had less than "positive" emotions, or whatever, and so we deny ourselves the right to FEEL heavy emotions later on in life (because "we" don't like those emotions right?), weighing us down more and more the less we allow ourselves to TRULY release by feeling and expressing those emotions without judging ourselves for it. I'd venture to say that some of those that are the most critical and complain the most have some of the least amount of love for themselves, and so they have to spread it around.

Misery loves company. I can attest to this having been ****ed off before over people being nice to me when I'm in a ****ty mood -_-

Maybe some people will realize that to finally be happy they're going to have to allow themselves to cry... for possibly a long time...
Old 01-06-2017, 09:34 PM
Ascender
Thought it was working for a second there- it was just heartburn lol

Aww what a wonderful post... but I am a little confused- are you suggesting we literally just feel love? Without it being aimed at anybody or anything? I do love a lot but it is always aimed, the idea of cultivating that feeling as a seperate thing is kind of blowing my mind trying to even imagine it. Is it possible to not direct it?

Yesterday was a wonderful love filled day full of love for people animals everything- I was walking and spotted a beautiful shimmering thing of beauty, mesmerised by its green metallic bobbely surface glistening in the sun I walked close and... a million bluebottles flew off... it was dog poo! Fly covered dog poo... so yesterday's love literally turned to sh... I felt completely violated!!

Completely agree with mama hawk on the inner child thing!
Old 01-06-2017, 10:08 PM
Master

it is simple. once you are told you have to get something, someone has to take it away from you so that you can go searching for it. If people wouldn't insist that others go get things, there would be no need to take them away to give people something to do, and people would just have what they needed.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:23 PM
Master

Love never went anywhere I guess, but sometimes we take detours around how we feel in the hope we reach it, though that never works, and only creates the frustration that makes you feel like love went away. But it is where it always was welcoming you back home with open arms each time you get close to it