Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 24-05-2017, 04:45 PM
Guide

No individuality on death?

I don't read many spiritual books these days, but recently I picked up a very good one (from my perspective) in the library that I reasonated with on many levels because it describes a 'cut to the chase' spirituality - i.e you are already what you are seeking, you are home, drop the illusions etc.

One thing both bothered and interested me. The author said there is no soul; basically when we die, we re-emerge with Pure Awareness and there is no individuality anymore. There is a threshold which the author believes those who have experienced NDE's will often come across, but once that threshold is passed, there is no individuality and we merge with everything else.

I know this is beyond all concepts and 'passeth all understandings' but what are people's thoughts on 'I am' consciousness and on there being no individuality upon death?
Old 24-05-2017, 04:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemera
I don't read many spiritual books these days, but recently I picked up a very good one (from my perspective) in the library that I reasonated with on many levels because it describes a 'cut to the chase' spirituality - i.e you are already what you are seeking, you are home, drop the illusions etc.

One thing both bothered and interested me. The author said there is no soul; basically when we die, we re-emerge with Pure Awareness and there is no individuality anymore. There is a threshold which the author believes those who have experienced NDE's will often come across, but once that threshold is passed, there is no individuality and we merge with everything else.

I know this is beyond all concepts and 'passeth all understandings' but what are people's thoughts on 'I am' consciousness and on there being no individuality upon death?

I use to believe this specific thing to. At first it made total sense!
Old 24-05-2017, 06:10 PM
Master
Quote:

" Each and all are unique and independent and, at the same time, all are interrelated and interdependent. We are all one.”
There is uniqueness in oneness.
Old 24-05-2017, 06:31 PM
Master
Quote:

Hello Hemera - you may be ineterested in checking out Michael Newton's books which are chock-full of 'data' in this regard. Blurbs on the contents of the books are available at:

https://www.amazon.com/Journey-Souls...urney+of+souls

and

https://www.amazon.com/Destiny-Souls...urney+of+souls
Old 25-05-2017, 08:36 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
I use to believe this specific thing to. At first it made total sense!

So are saying you now hold a different view? I'd be interested to hear more.
Old 25-05-2017, 08:37 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
" Each and all are unique and independent and, at the same time, all are interrelated and interdependent. We are all one.”
There is uniqueness in oneness.

So do you mean that souls on death retain their individuality but are stll aware of being One?
Old 25-05-2017, 08:39 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Hello Hemera - you may be ineterested in checking out Michael Newton's books which are chock-full of 'data' in this regard. Blurbs on the contents of the books are available at:

https://www.amazon.com/Journey-Souls...urney+of+souls

and

https://www.amazon.com/Destiny-Souls...urney+of+souls

I've read that book, albeit a long time ago. The book I've recently read actually quoted it I think. I'm just interested in the view that we are an impersonal awareness in essence rather than individual souls and wondered if anyone thought this or if it is reconciled with retaining a sense of ourselves after death?
Old 25-05-2017, 08:47 AM
Master
Quote:
One thing both bothered and interested me. The author said there is no soul; basically when we die, we re-emerge with Pure Awareness and there is no individuality anymore.
There are any number of beliefs, depends on the philosophy.

Esoteric philosophy understands the soul is individual and eternal, and remains a separate entity even after death and in the oneness of spirit... Think of it as being packed into a small room full of people. You're there, you're still yourself, but you're feeling so close to everyone that you can't tell if that's your hand or theirs on your thigh.

Knowledge of the reality of the eternal soul, reincarnation and karma, is the foundational building block to soul-spirit understanding, and to joy and appreciation for this incarnation mystery we experience.
Old 25-05-2017, 08:59 AM
Master
Quote:
So do you mean that souls on death retain their individuality but are stll aware of being One?

I don't use the word soul but spirit, my way of looking at it is......
Many in body, one in mind.

All bodies are individuals but consciouness is one, universal mind.
Baile has a good explaination, hand on thigh.
Old 25-05-2017, 12:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I don't use the word soul but spirit, my way of looking at it is......
Many in body, one in mind.

All bodies are individuals but consciouness is one, universal mind.
Baile has a good explaination, hand on thigh.
I am You
You are Me
We are One (Mind? Spirit? Soul?)
Living as Many (minds? souls? spirits?)
Together.