Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 30-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Time

ACtualy no,

IF theres one thing that most scientists can agree on is the exsistance of time and space, in fact these theories are the basis of modern physics, which even einstien. What there is actualy little of is EMPTY space.

Time is in exsaistance, and if there was no time there wouldnt be any celestial movement, which means no planetary movement, which means no solar movement, which means no life anywhere.

WHile i do agree that "99.9999999999% of everything is made of 99.9999999% empty space", this doesnt mean that nothing exsists, this just means we have a lot to learn about the universe, which is definetly time and space ( mabey well evolve our definitions of these terms but the essence of them willl always be there)

So if you dont think there is time and space, that means this thread doesnt exsist, and neither do you, which means im talking to myself
Old 30-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Master
not according to Stephen Hawking Time he suggests there's lots of empty space
Old 30-04-2011, 11:44 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
not according to Stephen Hawking Time he suggests there's lots of empty space
There is no 'empty' space.. there may be no physical objects in it, but there are all manner of light-waves, electromagnetic waves, just plain energy popping into and out of existence (ZPF)..
Quote:
From WIkipedia:
In quantum field theory, the vacuum state (also called the vacuum) is the quantum state with the lowest possible energy. Generally, it contains no physical particles. Zero-point field is sometimes used as a synonym for the vacuum state of an individual quantized field.
According to present-day understanding of what is called the vacuum state or the quantum vacuum, it is "by no means a simple empty space",[1] and again: "it is a mistake to think of any physical vacuum as some absolutely empty void."[2] According to quantum mechanics, the vacuum state is not truly empty but instead contains fleeting electromagnetic waves and particles that pop into and out of existence.[3][4][5]
The QCD vacuum of quantum chromodynamics is the object of study in the Large Hadron Collider and the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider, and is related to the so-called vacuum structure of strong interactions.[6]

Be well, all else is..
Old 30-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Greenslade

Maybe quantum theory is Spirituality for scientists and dark matter is the scientific name for God.
Old 30-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

There is no 'empty' space.. there may be no physical objects in it, but there are all manner of light-waves, electromagnetic waves, just plain energy popping into and out of existence (ZPF)..

Be well, all else is..

I stand corrected
Old 30-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Time

It depends on your definition of "empty"

Scientists focused the hubble ( which is canadian made btw :P ) on an "empty" space of.............. space, and they found thousands of galaxies in a miniscule spot in the sky.

And if you think about it even dark matter or anti matter is still taking of space. Hawkings statement on this was made before quite a few discoveries, I believe hawkings actualy retracted the " empty space " comment if im not mistakin. The sign of a true scientsist, can admit hes wrong and adjust his paradigm accordingly............. I hope that guy lives forever...
Old 30-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
It depends on your definition of "empty"

Scientists focused the hubble ( which is canadian made btw :P ) on an "empty" space of.............. space, and they found thousands of galaxies in a miniscule spot in the sky.

And if you think about it even dark matter or anti matter is still taking of space. Hawkings statement on this was made before quite a few discoveries, I believe hawkings actualy retracted the " empty space " comment if im not mistakin. The sign of a true scientsist, can admit hes wrong and adjust his paradigm accordingly............. I hope that guy lives forever...

He's a great scientist
Old 30-04-2011, 11:51 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
I stand corrected
It's a beautiful realization that energy simply 'pops' in and out of existence, it revises the old theories that the Universe will expand and disipate into nothingness.. it is seen, now, that it fuels itself from 'nothingness', it can expand eternally..

Be well..
Old 30-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

It's a beautiful realization that energy simply 'pops' in and out of existence, it revises the old theories that the Universe will expand and disipate into nothingness.. it is seen, now, that it fuels itself from 'nothingness', it can expand eternally..

Be well..

which then spools the thought about human existance...doesnt it?...if you get my drift
Old 30-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Entering one another through the oven of the Sacred Heart, within this compassionate warmth all feelings of separation melt.