Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 27-12-2017, 08:02 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto

Whom are you to determine what it is that happens to us after we pass?

I wouldn't fret over it, Heaven and Earth are two sides of the same coin. It's only monotheism.
Old 28-12-2017, 03:09 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
But in Valhalla there's stuff like alcohol and a common rule in the afterlife no matter what your beliefs are, there's nothing you can do to satisfy your Earthly desires. Care to explain me this one?

Yes, if you want to drink alcohol, then you would create it with your energy. I think what that means is, what you need and want here, is not what you need and want there. When you are in energy form, there's no need to really eat, drink, shower, ect...unless you want too. I don't know about religious stuff, I'm basing this off my own NDE, which was not religious.
Old 28-12-2017, 06:31 PM
ketzer

I expect there are as many answers to this question as there are persons to ask, here is one more. I think perhaps it is best to start with the question of what is life. There is a concept in Hinduism called the Akashic Records.

Quote:
From Wikipedia
In theosophy and anthroposophy, the Akashic records are a compendium of all human events, thoughts, words, emotions, and intent ever to have occurred in the past, present, or future. They are believed by theosophists to be encoded in a non-physical plane of existence known as the etheric plane. There are anecdotal accounts but no scientific evidence for existence of the Akashic records. .

As one “anecdotal account”, I would submit the quantum field as one potential contender for that “non-physical”/ “etheric” plane of Akashic information from which physical reality arises. A physical reality which arises dependent upon what part of that infinite information source is observed and held in awareness by a conscious observer.

Perhaps life arises when a soul, unbound by space and time, reads a first person account of one portion of the Akashic records. An account in the first person that is so thoroughly written so as to include all of the events, thoughts, words, emotions, and intentions of the character. An account written with not only one character arc, but many arcs, perhaps an infinity of them. A story written with not one ending, but a compendium of all conceivable story paths to all conceivable endings, no matter how improbable, from which the reader can choose. A story so well written that if the soul will focus all of its awareness onto that account, pushing out awareness of everything else, it will come to believe they are that character. Perhaps, this is how a being outside of time and space, without limitations and boundaries, comes to believe and experience itself as a living limited physical human being. As any good story teller will know, any story so well written will of course have to include a good deal of conflict, otherwise the reader will inevitably become bored and stop reading. However, the story should not have so much suspense, anxiety, and troubles that the reader can no longer stand it and must stop reading. Yet if a story is to have all conceivable paths and all conceivable endings, then such paths are inevitable and hence the story experienced and its ending is determined by which story path the reader chooses. Despite being a story of unlimited paths and endings, it is but one story of a compendium of infinite other stories and infinite other characters from which to read.
Death is just relaxing the focus of your awareness on one story and refocusing on another, or if you prefer, not focusing your awareness on anything, and thereby being nothing, for a little while or as long as you like. If and when a soul decides to read some more, with an infinity of stories and experiences to choose from, that soul can create any experience and “be” anything it wishes, with any degree of suspense or harmony it wishes.

Perhaps a more pressing question is, “Why is the soul reading the story it is experiencing, and be-ing, in this present moment?”

P.S. As an interesting aside, if we take the word “believe” and drop an e and add a space we get “be live”. I find it interesting how words seem to work out this way and just how often I run across similar situations. Sometimes it feels like someone is messing with me, weaving subtle little hints into the story, like breadcrumbs on a path for me to follow.....to....?.
Old 28-12-2017, 10:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Perhaps a more pressing question is, “Why is the soul reading the story it is experiencing, and be-ing, in this present moment?”

P.S. As an interesting aside, if we take the word “believe” and drop an e and add a space we get “be live”. I find it interesting how words seem to work out this way and just how often I run across similar situations. Sometimes it feels like someone is messing with me, weaving subtle little hints into the story, like breadcrumbs on a path for me to follow.....to....?.

Sometimes there are multiple meanings, for example believe can also be deconstructed as 'be, leave' if you go by sound patterns rather than letter patterns.

perhaps the most relevant one i've found is that if you take 'live' and run it backwards you get 'evil'... and I think this interesting because supposedly (in the beginning of the bible) what was done was done to prevent 'death' which is in some sense backwards from 'life'. Of course though it doesn't help much to make such an observation if you are stuck thinking 'death' has anything to do with the presence or absence of a physical body.

seems to me like an awful lot has been 'said' this way though
Old 29-12-2017, 02:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Well, what is this then?

Are these really the only two choices I have?
What if I would like to cease permanently to exist?
What if what I want to happen when I die is that I die, my family plans the arrangements for burial, they grieve if they wish or can, and then they promptly move on, with myself having witnessed none of this because I am no longer within consciousness?

What if that is what I would like to happen in the afterlife? Nothing.

Ceasing to exist. No reincarnation (my God what is the point?), no heaven, no Hell. Just nothing.

Why is that bad?

Is there any religious or philosophical belief system that even allows for this?

Why are you giving me two choices?

Whom are you to determine what it is that happens to us after we pass?
Do I not have another choice but heaven or earthbound? How is earthbound any good? In fact how is heaven any good? Live a life and die to continue to live? For what? For whom? Just whom is holding the reigns here?

God is love. For the sake of love? It doesn't make sense. I am quite capable of having love right here, right now, just look it is all around us. Sometimes we simply get caught up in our own dilemmas and we miss it.

Dictated by whom, and why?

Two choices.

And what of all the countless others?

Yes, what is it? And what about the others?

None of us, as far as I know, ever asked to be put upon this earth. So having to suffer or pass through those ordeals so loved by those professing to expound upon a thing and its promises (God/Love) could also ask themselves what, in the end, is the point. To add to the confusion, that thing there is a crocodile and this thing here is a human. Both of them are absolutely astounding things so why have I been chosen to be able to read the Bible - or whatever? How come I've been chosen not to be a crocodile'

In fact I think being in 'heaven' as promised, would be a great, great bore, Adam in his garden obviously thought the same thing. However I'm not too pesimistic about dying and being faced with a choice (or not). If there is nothing then I won't know. If there is something then it'll solve the problem of me not being a crocodile.
One thing I do know - I don't want to be one of those meek ones on Earth. I've other interests. As far as I can see Hinduism offers the best choice for me, being the boss of a sun would suit me down to the ground - especially if there is a chance of promotion to take over a galaxy.Where, I have to say, I'd quickly act and ban all the boring old church music we have to put up with down here.

You are right. It can only work if we have freedom of choice after death - or at least the chance to get our feet on the pathway which leads to our own development - the one of our own choice I mean.

Life is an impossible thing. Being in it just to learn to love isn't feasible. Such a problem could be dealt with in other ways, we don't need to be faced with atrocities, fires, floods and so on to want other things.

Let's keep our fingers crossed!
Old 29-12-2017, 04:39 PM
ketzer

Well, it does seem to be a big pickle, does it not. Not knowing the answer, all I can offer is maybe, perhaps, and could be. Perhaps that should be a bit unsettling to me, but I am ok with it. It is probably good not to have too much faith in ones own answers anyway.

Quote:
“Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.”
Albert Einstein

“The mind is guarded by its defense system: knowledge”
Ernest Agyemang Yeboah

“The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.”
Daniel J. Boorstin

“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.”
George Bernard Shaw

“The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.”
Albert Einstein

“Data is not information, information is not knowledge, knowledge is not understanding, understanding is not wisdom.“
Clifford Stoll

“A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.”
William Shakespeare
Old 01-01-2018, 12:54 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado
Yes, if you want to drink alcohol, then you would create it with your energy. I think what that means is, what you need and want here, is not what you need and want there. When you are in energy form, there's no need to really eat, drink, shower, ect...unless you want too. I don't know about religious stuff, I'm basing this off my own NDE, which was not religious.

So you based it on your own NDE? That makes things rather interesting. Could you tell me more about it?