Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 11-10-2017, 10:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurmel
I'm just wondering if that was what this soul signed up for, or if my karmic cords demand my solitude in this lifetime!

I've never dated the same person twice, and if you lined up my relationships, not one pair of persons would denote I am attracted to a certain type! I'm wondering, because people I've known in all my years say they're meant to be single, then they've suddenly met someone shortly after the declaration. But, I have never felt like any relationship was the one, even the shy-of-a-decade marriage that ended a while ago...I've been single for three years now and haven't dated in that time, haven't wanted to as I worked on myself.

I wonder if maybe I'm just not meant to be with anyone in this life! Even my dreams for after the kids graduate and move on with their own lives are me doing things alone.

I'm just becoming quite lonely lately, sometimes painfully so, and wonder if all the failed relationships at different points of learning and life just mean that I'm destined to make this a happy life with my perfect partner...myself :p (joke)!

Does anyone know anyone who is happily living a life alone? And what they've said about it in regards to their choice?

I've had periods of being alone and not being alone. And then there is alone and there is really alone.

A little background: I don't have a strong family support. I never had. Some was my doing some just the way things worked out. Something to keep in mind while you read my thoughts.

There were years when I was raising my kids, like you are doing. It's hard being a single mom. You have to be everything. And I was alone then, though I had my kids living with me.

After the kids were raised I was alone again. I mean really alone. No one but me living in my house. And no family where I live and no family moral support. Now that's really alone.

Right now I'm married but my hubby is gone a lot. He just left this morning for 5 days. And I'll be alone. But I'm okay with that. I've learned to fill my life with things I like to do. And not depend on another person to fill my void. I've learned not to feel sorry for myself.

The fact that I married was unexpected. I wasn't looking. I just kind of fell into this relationship with a man whom I had known socially for 4 years. It just developed, totally unexpected. And yes, I do love him very much.

I have friends. I could call one if I needed to but I don't need to. Being alone has given me a strong core. It's given me time to figure out me. And it's allowed me to learn to like me. To feel comfortable with the silence. To cherish a good book or my favorite television program or pig out on my favorite sinful food while I'm alone (and not have to share).

Me and my husband don't have the same friends or walk in the same circles. Even when he is home, he's cagey and restless. I've learned to accept that and give him my blessing.

I also have severe food allergies and can't go to social get-togethers with him. Because the foods served would make me deathly ill. This has added to my being alone. But like I said above, I don't feel sorry for myself. It's just the way it is.

Yes, I think my life plan detailed a lot of alone time. It was necessary for this time, away from the main stream, to learn some very essential things I needed to learn. So I'm learning them.

Someday I might be alone again. I don't fear that.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:05 PM
Master
hi linen53.
here's something:
Old 12-10-2017, 08:02 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedmil
I disagreed on a key point and gave explanations that supported my view. Instead assuming what I might think why not explain why you disagree on each of those points?
Again, instead of assuming that I can't be convinced me why not explain the powers of free will that my cousin and Roussimoff despite what I showed?
Everyone can be influenced by others to make a change but it's up to them to commit to the change. I'm only supporting my view the same as when you commented your view.
This: 'In the universe of free will there is no meant to be.' I disagree so the answer won't be a benefit.

If you disagree with a point i made then you find me to be wrong.

If you found me to be right then you wouldn't have disagreed.

I find both of us to be correct. I know it sounds like a paradox but it is not. LOA makes us both correct.

I did try to influence you by directing you right back to yourself. I know i may have come off course in my response please don't think me to be rude.
as to understand your full power you must first understand you.

To comprehend why me saying this is a universe of free will and nothing is meant to be you must first surrender to the idea that all you know is wrong.
you cannot learn new things unless you first are willing to let go of what led you to the new. this is a path of self not something i can show you.

Do you believe in reincarnation?
Do you understand spiritual progression?
Do you understand LOA fully?
Do you understand Karma
Do you understand the collective consciousness?
Do you understand alchemy?
Are you Conscious of your energy centers?
Can you direct your energy in you Body?
Can you or are you working toward understanding maya?
Do you communicate with your higher self or are you in touch with you intuition?

all of these things are involved in explaining my perspective and that's only touching on some of the things that led me to fully realize the same thing all highly enlightened teachers say "This is all a dream and everything in the dream is under your control and the entertainment of the dream is that you don't know you have full control"

If you truly want to know why i believe that we have full control then find out why you disagree or find out why i would think that. To understand me you must first understand self.

There is a very good reason why most guru's ask those seeking enlightenment the same question. "who are you"

The answer to that question leads you to understanding exactly what you disagree with.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:07 PM
Master

Hi HORACE! So good to cross paths with you. Thank you for your input. So very true! There was a time when I was very immature that being alone was torture. So I've come a long way. But I'm glad that learning experience is about done.
Old 13-10-2017, 12:45 AM
Tedmil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
If you disagree with a point i made then you find me to be wrong.

If you found me to be right then you wouldn't have disagreed.

I find both of us to be correct. I know it sounds like a paradox but it is not. LOA makes us both correct.

I did try to influence you by directing you right back to yourself. I know i may have come off course in my response please don't think me to be rude.
as to understand your full power you must first understand you.

To comprehend why me saying this is a universe of free will and nothing is meant to be you must first surrender to the idea that all you know is wrong.
you cannot learn new things unless you first are willing to let go of what led you to the new. this is a path of self not something i can show you.

Do you believe in reincarnation?
Do you understand spiritual progression?
Do you understand LOA fully?
Do you understand Karma
Do you understand the collective consciousness?
Do you understand alchemy?
Are you Conscious of your energy centers?
Can you direct your energy in you Body?
Can you or are you working toward understanding maya?
Do you communicate with your higher self or are you in touch with you intuition?

all of these things are involved in explaining my perspective and that's only touching on some of the things that led me to fully realize the same thing all highly enlightened teachers say "This is all a dream and everything in the dream is under your control and the entertainment of the dream is that you don't know you have full control"

If you truly want to know why i believe that we have full control then find out why you disagree or find out why i would think that. To understand me you must first understand self.

There is a very good reason why most guru's ask those seeking enlightenment the same question. "who are you"

The answer to that question leads you to understanding exactly what you disagree with.
There is no absolute proof for free will or any other spiritual topic; therefore, no one can be wrong or right. One can only draw from their own experiences to make conclusions. Based on my conclusions, I disagree with the idea of free will. I used two examples that supported the idea that free will depends on factors most notably genetics and upbringing. I was hoping that you would you go into detail about the suggested powers of free will possessed by my cousin and Roussimoff. Instead you now a suggest a paradox and ask my understanding for a list of items that don't seem directly connected to free will.
Old 13-10-2017, 01:14 AM
Suspended
Im not sure, but i know holding that idea in your mind that your meant to be lonely is not helpful to those who want to have connections with people.
Old 13-10-2017, 12:55 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
There is no absolute proof for free will or any other spiritual topic; therefore, no one can be wrong or right. One can only draw from their own experiences to make conclusions. Based on my conclusions, I disagree with the idea of free will. I used two examples that supported the idea that free will depends on factors most notably genetics and upbringing. I was hoping that you would you go into detail about the suggested powers of free will possessed by my cousin and Roussimoff. Instead you now a suggest a paradox and ask my understanding for a list of items that don't seem directly connected to free will.

You find me wrong and nothing I say will resolve your internal issue with what i believe. Finding answers to questions will only lead to more questions.

You're looking for me to convince you of my truths. only you can.

Now i am repeating myself. Have you investigated the things i have listed or did you just assume with your current knowledge that they're not related to our power and free will? Are you assuming that all of them don't link together to give you an answer to each scenario including your cousin. I understand what the conscious collective currently "believes" to be true about DNA being absolute. Do you know how to alter your DNA? You do it unconsciously every day...

There's nothing more i can say to you about the current subject that will help you understand my beliefs. You've reminded me on why i don't come on this forum much of late. Thank you.

Imagine trying to explain trigonometry to someone who only understands algebra. This cannot be done in a single thread post. Nor do i wish to take away from the thread subject any more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckiNNgfMKcQ&t=44s
Old 13-10-2017, 08:00 PM
Tedmil

Quote:
You find me wrong and nothing I say will resolve your internal issue with what i believe. Finding answers to questions will only lead to more questions.

You're looking for me to convince you of my truths. only you can.

Now i am repeating myself. Have you investigated the things i have listed or did you just assume with your current knowledge that they're not related to our power and free will? Are you assuming that all of them don't link together to give you an answer to each scenario including your cousin. I understand what the conscious collective currently "believes" to be true about DNA being absolute. Do you know how to alter your DNA? You do it unconsciously every day...

There's nothing more i can say to you about the current subject that will help you understand my beliefs. You've reminded me on why i don't come on this forum much of late. Thank you.

Imagine trying to explain trigonometry to someone who only understands algebra. This cannot be done in a single thread post. Nor do i wish to take away from the thread subject any more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckiNNgfMKcQ&t=44s
I explained why it's impossible for anyone to say that you are wrong, only you can make that determination. I have no internal issue and I'm not looking for you to convince me of the truths. I'm only trying to get a better understanding. I have not investigated those terms because it was your claim that my cousin and Roussimoff had much power with their free will. The burden of proof lies on you to support that claim.

If someone has an understanding in algebra and geometry then I'm sure I could give an explanation for trigonometry in a single post, it's mostly ratios and memorization. I could make a long post and end with the derivation for the cosine law and Heron's formula. Anything can be explained by connections and progressing.
Old 13-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
I have no internal issue and I'm not looking for you to convince me of the truths.

The burden of proof lies on you to support that claim.

You are not arguing with me. you are arguing with you.

Old 15-10-2017, 04:28 AM
Tedmil

Quote:
You are not arguing with me. you are arguing with you.
Another paradox I suppose? If I was arguing with you I would not be interested in your opinion. I wanted you to explain why you disagreed with my examples and to support your claim. Unfortunately, you don't seem interested in having a discussion. Any questionable truth needs to be defended. Your meme quote is fabricated from this:
Quote:
The Word of God is like a lion. You don’t have to defend a lion. All you have to do is let the lion loose, and the lion will defend itself.

http://www.oram.us/true-lies-and-bea...-attributions/
You made the claim; it is up to you to defend it.